Tablo Exporter - Export Tablo Recordings

In my post on 10/15 those three files were part of the download…I don’t think they’re part of the new download though.

Yea, there are multiple downloads, for Linux, Windows, and Mac. When you mouse over it gives a different link.
At the ffmpeg site that is: https://ffmpeg.org/download.html

Yep…didn’t know to look for a certain download other than the what was at the top. I know you are trying to keep things simple but knowing that we need to look for a particular download would be extremely helpful. Even a little sentence in parenthesis about looking for the right platform link. Just to help us non-tech/non-programming/non-code folks out. Sure glad you put all this together! Thank you!

1 Like

@Jestep

I have two episodes that I cannot export off the Tablo using your wonderful tool. Each time I hit export, it never progresses past 0% and I get ‘Failed’. Episode details:

New Girl, S04E05 (Landline) and S04E07 (Goldmine). Both are 35 minute recordings.

I was able to export all other episodes from the season. I can watch E05 and E07 on my.tablotv.com in the Chrome browser, the Roku 3 and iPhone 6.

What can I do to figure out the issue?

Thanks!

@Jestep I wasn’t able to launch the app. When I run java -version I get the following:

java version “1.8.0_25”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_25-b17)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.25-b02, mixed mode)

The error is a long stack trace that ends with the following:

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.sun.javafx.font.MacFontFinder.populateFontFileNameMap(MacFontFinder.java:99)
at com.sun.javafx.font.PrismFontFactory.getFullNameToFileMap(PrismFontFactory.java:1717)
at com.sun.javafx.font.PrismFontFactory.getFontResource(PrismFontFactory.java:447)
at com.sun.javafx.font.LogicalFont.getSlot0Resource(LogicalFont.java:194)
at com.sun.javafx.font.LogicalFont.getDefaultAAMode(LogicalFont.java:409)
at com.sun.javafx.font.LogicalFont.getStrike(LogicalFont.java:413)
at com.sun.javafx.font.PrismFont.getStrike(PrismFont.java:73)
at com.sun.javafx.text.PrismTextLayout.setContent(PrismTextLayout.java:138)
at javafx.scene.text.Text.getTextLayout(Text.java:229)
at javafx.scene.text.Text.needsFullTextLayout(Text.java:184)
at javafx.scene.text.Text.access$200(Text.java:96)
at javafx.scene.text.Text$5.invalidated(Text.java:498)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.markInvalid(ObjectPropertyBase.java:111)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.bind(ObjectPropertyBase.java:173)
at javafx.css.StyleableObjectProperty.bind(StyleableObjectProperty.java:75)
at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.LabeledText.(LabeledText.java:82)
at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.LabeledSkinBase.(LabeledSkinBase.java:125)
at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.ButtonSkin.(ButtonSkin.java:44)
at javafx.scene.control.Button.createDefaultSkin(Button.java:191)
at javafx.scene.control.Control.impl_processCSS(Control.java:890)
at javafx.scene.Parent.impl_processCSS(Parent.java:1267)
at javafx.scene.Node.processCSS(Node.java:8858)
at javafx.scene.Scene.doCSSPass(Scene.java:525)
at javafx.scene.Scene.preferredSize(Scene.java:1609)
at javafx.scene.Scene.impl_preferredSize(Scene.java:1686)
at javafx.stage.Window$9.invalidated(Window.java:765)
at javafx.beans.property.BooleanPropertyBase.markInvalid(BooleanPropertyBase.java:109)
at javafx.beans.property.BooleanPropertyBase.set(BooleanPropertyBase.java:143)
at javafx.stage.Window.setShowing(Window.java:841)
at javafx.stage.Window.show(Window.java:856)
at javafx.stage.Stage.show(Stage.java:255)
at tabloexport.TabloExport.start(TabloExport.java:124)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$153(LauncherImpl.java:821)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl$$Lambda$69/1603059420.run(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$166(PlatformImpl.java:323)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl$$Lambda$46/1530388690.run(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$164(PlatformImpl.java:292)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl$$Lambda$48/1950586128.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$165(PlatformImpl.java:291)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl$$Lambda$47/1512981843.run(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)

I have Mac OS 10.11

Thoughts?

@Jestep nm. The issue was resolved by going into font book and Restoring Standard Fonts from the file menu. Incase anyone has issues on mac, there appears to an issue with java loading certain custom fonts (I use some custom ones with iTerm).

See here for some more information - https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8089900

Interesting

Can you run from the command line java -jar path to the\TabloExport.jar

I will attempt this but I don’t know how to run the command line version. I can figure it out by scrolling through the above posts but any tips?

Thanks!

This is the command line

1 Like

I currently fill my Plex library in 3 different ways, depending. 1 - I may buy content on on iTunes and covert the m4v to an mp4, 2 - I will rip a DVD I own to a mp4, 3 - I will rip a Tablo recording using Tablo Exporter (Great app BTW). Playing back via Plex on my home network is not a problem with any of the content. Remotely I don’t seem to have issues with 1 & 2 (playback is using Plex app on iPhone and air playing to an Apple TV or using the Plex app on a newer Apple TV). However playback of the Tablo Exporter created files remotely experience audio / video sync issues to the point it is not watchable. The recoding seems to start out ok and develop the issue as it plays. It may also be important to note that after I get the mp4 created from Tablo Exporter, I clip out the commercials on MPEG Streamclip app. I would think if clipping out the commercials were the culprit, the sync issues would show both locally and remotely. This is important to me due to that fact I share my Plex library with my kids and grandkids that also live remotely. I am no expert in file manipulation and editing and therefore not certain if this is the right forum to pose the question. I am not even sure where the issue resides but know that a lot intelligent folks participate in Tablo forums and thought I would see if anyone had any suggestions.

Not sure if you knew or figured it out but if you’re using windows go to the windows explorer folder where you extracted the Tablo Exporter folder that contains the executable jar file and while holding the shift key right click and select “Open command window here”. You can then type or copy paste “java -jar TabloExport.jar” and press enter.

Should open then.

If you are using standard to export the files it is basically a straight copy and should not cause issues, as far as using mce buddy, not sure at all.

Thanks for responding. MPEG Streamclip (not MCE Buddy) is the app I used to remove commercials. I am on a mac.

Yes, as I am too. But, I have never tried that. But, if you try the files with the commercials and it is ok, then that is the culprit.

Good suggestion. I will try it. Do you use MCE Buddy? How do you like it for clipping out commercials?

No I do not, to me commercials are not that important since I can ff/rw pretty easily :wink:

1 Like

Has anyone had issues with long Recordings (3 hours) failing?

What kind of issues??

The download just fails for a couple of recordings, which also happen to be 3 hours +.