Tablo Crashing Daily

Yes I have. I can’t connect or find my Tablo. It is dead but they keep telling me it is fine. WTF!

I get you wouldn’t be able to hook your antenna, but you have tried maybe hooking it up directly to your router via Ethernet and see what happens.? I assume you tried booting it without a hard drive attached?

If you mean my Tablo, it is connected directly to the router via an Ethernet cable.

If your Tablo can’t be reached via any app and isn’t checking in with our severs, it sounds like the unit is offline/not on your network. Have you tried rebooting your router, and/or swapping the Ethernet cable in use?

Yes. dozens of times. New cable, new power supply. Every possible reboot over and over and over. IT DOES’NT WORK!!! Deleted and re-installed Roku. Deleted and re-installed Tablo in Roku. Did the Tablo firmware update. If my company ran like this I would have been out of business 43 years ago. I am tired and I just want it to work.
It has been weeks and weeks and all I here from you guys is that there is nothing wrong with my Tablo. Is there someone in Tablo support that can actually take a look into this instead of telling me to do the exact same things over and over.

Since you have obviously contacted Tablo Support already and assuming it is still under warranty, I would suggest that you DM @TabloSupport with your case number and ask them to replace your Tablo .

I have same problem. Have tried everything. Tablo and “advanced Xfinity Support” no Help. I think issue is within the Tablo hardware/software itself. It would appear they are unaware of it and have no particular interest in spending a lot of time and money to investigate further. The population of Tablo users who depend on remote access is not large enough to move the needle. Therefore, once a week I call my sister to disconnect and reconnect remote access to restore another 24 hrs of remote connection.

1 Like

Just be clear, I am not using a ROKU, but rather my LG tv has the Tablo app installed. As I stated in an earlier post, the remote access to the Tablo is disconnected everyday after 24 hours. The Tablo is connected to the Xfinity modem/router via ethernet and I am using UDP/TCP protocol setting in the router.

For what it’s worth let me tell my story of similar problems. This was many years ago.

I was using an older Belkin router with wireless N. The router worked perfectly with everything in my house and had very decent range. Then suddenly it started acting up with Tablo only and became an almost daily occurrence of disconnecting from the router. I’d have to go through the process of rebooting Tablo and my Router then everything would work again. Eventually I purchased a newer more powerful Belkin router. It performed perfectly with everything in the house except Tablo. Seemed to be even worse than the old router. Frustrated I reinstalled the old router because it did seem to work better. Then one day I thought to turn off remote connect seeing as I really don’t use it much. All my problems went away. Tablo stayed connected just fine after that. But I still wasn’t satisfied so eventually I went out and purchased a new different brand router. I have no allegiance to any manufacturer but I settled on a Netgear R6400. And every day since it’s been absolutely smooth sailing. Tablo never disconnects and remote access works fine also with no disconnects.

I don’t know what the issue was with Tablo and my old routers.

Is your LG TV running LG OS (webOS) or Android TV?

I ask because of this…

Tablo refuses to replace my machine that has been crashing for months and is now completely dead and will not power on.

One year ago I was elated and told everyone I knew about this amazing recording device I had just purchased!

Today I have had a completely different experience!

This is extremely unfair and very upsetting to me. It is hard to believe that Tablo will not honor a defective product that began failing well within a year of the purchase date.

It started crashing in August. (see email below from Tablo dated September 2, 2022)I sent called right away and your support staff put me through the ridiculous charade of going through the same reboot processes over and over and every time the Tablo crashed and shut down they told me it was working fine because we restarted it again. Every time I called, (please look at your call logs) I had to leave work early to get home in time to make a call to Tablo support. Every time I repeated the steps and everything that was requested from changing cables and outlets to resetting DCHP time, deleting and re-installing Roku and Tablo, recording and sending multiple videos and doing all Tablo updates. Every time the machine would start up and run for a very short time and then crash again. Every time it took days to get an email response from your support team and every time I called I had to go through the same processes again. At no time was I able to speak with a qualified representative to fully examine the issue with my machine crashing and shutting off. It is clear to me that the power supply in the machine was failing and this constant failure was becoming more and more frequent daily. Now the machine is completely dead and will not power on at all.

Now you are telling my that my Tablo is out of warranty even though your support team dragged me through months of their inability to address a failing machine.

I am requesting that you please honor the one year warranty on my Tablo machine that started failing after nine months of flawless operation. Please have someone call me at 978-815-4163

Thank you,

Joe Gaspari

Your request (115080) has been solved. To reopen this request, reply to this email.

Tablo Support - Derek (Tablo)

Sep 2, 2022, 4:17 PM EDT

Hi there,

Thanks for the phone call. Please ignore the email that says “Your case has been solved”, that is just a wrinkle in our email system at the moment.

If possible, can you please try a different ethernet cable and port on the router with the Tablo? Do the LEDs still not light up when it is connected?

Can you please send us a picture of the ethernet port on the back of the Tablo with the cable plugged in?

Thanks,
Derek
Tablo Support

On Thursday, November 10, 2022, 02:55:35 PM EST, Tablo support@tablotv.zendesk.com wrote:

Tablo Support - Kyle (Tablo)

Nov 10, 2022, 2:55 PM EST

Hi there,

Thank you for your patience! Unfortunately we will not be able to replace your Tablo under warranty as it is more than 1 year old. We do apologize about the inconvenience.

Here are a few things of note:

• Your active subscription can be transferred to a new Tablo by logging into your account at account.tablotv.com
  • If you wish to transfer your recordings to a new Tablo, you may find the procedure to do so here.
  • If you decide to replace your Tablo - we have lots of great sales on at our webstore here.

We apologize about the inconvenience - please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Kyle
Tablo Support

They will not! They absolutely do not warranty their products!

@TabloTV @TabloSupport

I realize that we may not have all the facts in this case, but my experience with Tablo has always been very good including the few times I had problems.

I would expect that if a customer had a problem that started during the warranty period and was not resolved before the warranty ran out, that Tablo would make good on replacing the defective unit. If there are extenuating circumstances that we are not aware of it might be understandable, which maybe you could answer here.

1 Like

“It is clear to me that the power supply in the machine was failing”

Unless something has really changed there is no power supply “in” the machine. The plug is the power supply. And if it was the plug shouldn’t you have just bought a new plug/power supply for $10 and saved yourself from all the frustrations.

1 Like

I don’t know how the machine works inside. What I do know is that it will not power on any longer. I also know that for three months the issue got worse and worse and more frequent until it finally failed permanently. First daily, then hourly and then in minutes.I am assuming you know exactly how the machine works and how to repair it? Should I really have to repair a machine that is under warranty? Should I really have to mess with a machine that powers off constantly and does not work? In my company, we have completely warrantied everything we do for over 43 years.

As @zippy mentioned, it may be the power supply has gone bad, and if you are up to it, you could try a replacement one for $12…

Oh: I didn’t quite understand Zippy. We already replaced that power supply and the Tablo will still not turn on. We have done everything possible there is to try. I told all this to the unqualified Tablo support reps over and over and over and they insisted for 2 and a half months that nothing was wrong. New power supply, new Ethernet cable, different outlet, (every other device we tried works perfectly on that outlet as the Tablo did for nine months) deleting Tablo and re-installing, updating firmware etc,etc,etc. Over and over and over as directed every single time we called. THE MACHINE IS CRAP AND WILL NOT WORK. THE COMPANY SUPPORT IS PATHETIC AND THE WARRANTY IS WORTHLESS!

Sorry, I didn’t see this information anywhere in your post when I replied.

Tablo can hardly be unaware of the issue with the remote access/Tablo Connect function of their units disconnecting regularly. At this point many users are impacted by this fatal flaw. I sincerely wish they were able remedy the route cause(s) of the issue-- or at a minimum address what is the cause of it and communicate that-- versus having their technical support staff simply suggesting known potential repair solutions others are already aware of (reboots, cabling, etc. etc.) over and over, again.
Why won’t Tablo figure out the cause(s) and develop a solution to fix it?!

Remote access has a lot of variables as far as the user’s network. Particularly on my Android phone I’ve had it paired for going on 2 years with zero issues so issues with losing pairing aren’t regular for some of us.

1 Like