Tablo Apple TV App (4th Gen) Early Access Program

Well the gen 4 roku app started at 8.1 a year ago. New product. New app. And only 7 releases.

And that takes into account that each major roku OS release cause much grief. Such as going from 12.5.5 to 13.0 to 13.1.4 and beyond…

The legacy roku app has been stable for a long time with the exception of roku os upgrades. The bugs I know about are in the tablo firmware.

That’s all any customer of an application is. Fully released product or not.

2 Likes

That should be in a fortune cookie. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just submitted for the beta app, hopefully I get added!

Please add me to the beta testing. I completed the survey monkey form. Thank you for your help.

Me too… I have a LG TV and its 2018… their app is for 2019 and newer. Dohh…

Is this ever coming to the App Store? Happy to Beta test on TestFlight, but I really need this or I’ll have to return the box I just purchased.

1 Like

If you return the box and they release the app 10 days later have you accomplished anything.

2 Likes

Late reply here. But I resubmitted the application for the Beta Program.

I’d be interested in testing the new app, we have a few AppleTVs with no access to the Tablo box.
thanks

I emailed customer service about a month ago and inquired about beta testing. They said that they’d forward their request to the appropriate team but made no mention of applying through the official Tablo forum.

I just submitted my request here. Not sure if my request was sent earlier. But as a daily Tablo user, I’m happy to assist in testing the Apple TV app.

I switched out my old QUAD for a 4th Gen yesterday and signed up for the beta, hoping to give it a 4-tuner workout for football season.

How long does it take to get a reply about the beta testing? I applied several days ago but wasn’t sure if I did it correctly.

Maybe about 3 weekdays, but holiday weekend right now. Be sure you provide the name you use in the community forum.

1 Like

Recently, are there many folks being accepted as new beta testers?

Yes, just apply, if you’re not one already.

1 Like

Just applied. Hope it works.

1 Like

Hello, I’ve filled out the survey in order to join the beta. I am comfortable running pre-release software and reporting any feedback/reproducible issues when I encounter them. Please let me know if I can get access to the beta, thanks!

I signed up for the ATV beta. Thanks!

@TabloTV @TabloSupport

Former Software QA Analyst here that would love to participate in the Apple TV beta. I am happy to provide detailed notes on my experience. If you want, I can also help look for edge cases where the app does not function as intended. Best of luck with the launch and looking forward to it!