Scheduled new recordings not recording

And, it’s done it again. This is unacceptable, if the Taboo can’t be relied on to record, it is pointless. It is burdensome to have to fix every scheduled recording every couple of months. Rollback the firmware to a working version, or get this severe bug fixed immediately!

1 Like

This happened to me today as well. I have it set to record 3 of the Sunday morning political shows. It did not record any of them today.

I have had this problem several months ago.

This morning it is back. All scheduled programs are gone except for manually entered programs.
It recorded yesterdays CBS Sat morning. Nothing since then.

There is a “keep” function that is supposed to follow the “default” setting which is “keep all”
However, it acts as though everything is :“keep auto”. It seems to think that is a program has been on the file too long and deletes. Telling to reschedule has not affect. (Does it remember th episodes?)
The programs to record still have the orange triangle but none of the episodes have the triangle.
I had some success by (for each title) click on unschedule. Then click on “schedule all”.
Count to 5 slowly then click on episodes and see if the orange tangle is there. Usually it is there. But not for all programs… . .
I checked my hard drive to make sure it had enough room. Less than half of the 4T drive was in use.
Was there a software update yesterday? (Sat May 30, 2020)
I agree this nonsense and lessens thae value of Tablo.
The Mrs gets real upset when she turns on th TV to watch a program and finds was not recorded. (IE This mornings CBS mornings Sunday…

Same thing for me. I sent a longer response a couple of minutes ago.

So it’s concluded the problem is with the firmware! Thank you!

How far back is the “working” one? My device had the authorization problems and it’s running 2.2.26 ?

1 Like

This issue is being addressed and will be fixed in 2.2.30.

In the meantime, toggling your recording schedules should allow them to resume.

That could be interpreted two ways.

1. Just go to you program and click on the “record new” the click on the now “record all”.
    Go check on the episode and found that nothing is scheduled to record.
    OK I have lost track of how many times I have done this in the last two days. It does not work.
    But occasional it does work. In my instance "MAS*H does NOT work.

2. Unchedule the entire program. Did that. MASH was not on my list of programs to record
    Go to TV Shows and schedule M
    ASH. Done. It has been scheduled. Result??
    Go see #1 above. Same results as before. .Not fixed. I have to hand schedule 22 episode of MAS*H for the next two weeks. Of course, after a few days I have to remember schedule the new ones. And this is just one program. Not fun.

This should not be necessary. Please do not hesitate to give our team a call at 1-844-TABLOTV (822-5688) or send us a ticket and we can get this fixed up.

Same thing happened to my Quad. Support ticked logged.

Same thing happened to my Quad with Shield TV. Something weird is going on. Will do the toggle off/on recording work around.

Today I was looking at my recordings and realized nothing had been recorded since Saturday morning. Checked my upcoming recordings and there were none scheduled! Looked at my Guide subscription status and it said I had none. Refreshed it and ran a Guide update. Voila, all my scheduled recordings are back! Just missed a few over the past few days. Weird!

I just noticed on a 2-tuner nothing was going to be recorded until 6/14. So I had to remove then add the schedule back for each show so it could pick up the schedule prior to 6/14.

I have several tablo’s. Most have quit recording scheduled shows. When will version 2.2.30 be available?

I’m sure it has to go through a testing phase. I believe @TabloSupport has indicated in the meantime if you need something fixed you can open a ticket and they can help you get it back to how it was without having the new firmware yet.

Even that’s not required…

I had the same problem. It started Saturday 5/30. As others have mentioned, no new future shows were flagged to record even though the guide shows them as “new.” I noticed on Monday when 2 shows hadn’t recorded. I had to toggle all of my show recording options from “new” to “all” and back to “new” to kick in the recording again - which was quicker than removing and re-adding the show.

I apologize for the confusion, I thought there were a couple of users who contact support to resolve the issue, but maybe that was just to see if there was a ‘mass’ way to correct them.

I am having the same scheduling problems this week. The un-scheduling and re-scheduling doesn’t work. I have to select each episode to make it record. Is there a another way to keep the schedule? at the moment I have to go and select all episode every 2 weeks.

If you’re still having this issue, definitely send our team a ticket and we can investigate this issue and help you get things up and running.

Would firmware 2.2.30 correct this scheduling problem?