Resolving Tablo Server Outages - July 27 & 28, 2025

Come on, give us a break. This advice after hours of frustration for thousands with the opportunity to screw up our in home setups on all equipment. Perhaps the first troubleshooting/recovery step in the future should be, “check to be sure that Tablo.com servers are functional”. Better yet, how-about an email notification when the system goes down.

4 Likes

In the initial post by Tablo above: “Stay tuned for additional updates.”

Do they realize THAT’S the problem?

4 Likes

Down in Central VA and been down since 6pm EST Sunday. When I worked in IT, we stayed onsite until the problem is resolved. I called Customer Support last night and he didn’t even know a status of the outage is shown in this forum. Hopefully its back up soon.

1 Like

I was hoping I’d wake up to be able to watch the morning news but nope. Before I found out there was an outage I reset and then factory reset trying to get this to work.

It sure would have been cool if they sent out an email saying they are experiencing an outage and to not reset your device.

Help! Of course I rebooted as the first line of defense last night, before I found out the issue was a Tablo system issue. I have been dead in the water ever since.

Next question? How will I know when this is fixed? Will my unit go to solid “blue” or will I have to reboot again>

1 Like

Wow I use tablo so I can watch local channels, and I need your servers just so I can stream my channels, you really need to fix that. If you got out of business we are all screwed. If the only thing I can’t do is get the guide I am fine! I could even just schedule using time and channel. You need to need to fix your product so we can use your product without your servers.

As many people have said, it would be nice to get a message on your tablo, can’t access tablo servers, don’t reset your tablo! A did resets thinking it was MINE issue. Better error codes would be a must as well. Did you not test these devices, when they can’t hit your servers?!? If you did, did you think well it is ok the user can’t watch their local channels while their internet is down, or our servers?!?

This really isn’t launching people to Mars, the internet has issues, can we do a test so we use our devices when your servers are offline, or the internet is down?!?

8 Likes

My Tablo is also currently down, with the LED blinking slowly between white and blue. Could you please provide an update on the resolution?

Same here in Missouri

I am just trying to set up my new tablo and every time I connect to wi-fi and it tries to find the device, it doesn’t find it and I have a blue and white flashing light. Is this because of the outage as well?

1 Like

Believe so, as before finding out about the outage logged out of my account on my phone and even though my router can see the Tablo my phone will still say it cannot find it.

By some of the reponses here it seems that unless the table can connect to tablo servers it will not get fully connected, it seem that it require both connecting to your router and the Tablo servers before it will become fully available.

The complain about that would be why, why can the Tablo be available to the local network and actually be used for live tv, as long as it has been setup in the past and registered there should be no need for the Internet but it seem that both are require by the device at this time.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply! I was worried I was doing something wrong but knew my password, etc was all good. This makes me feel a little better but hope they figure out the issue soon so I can’t start enjoying!

How has Tablo found themselves in this position? What is being done to avoid similar problems in future?

1 Like

Our legacy and 4th gen units are still not working again this morning. They’ve been down now for at least 24 hours!

Our 4th Gen Tablo is still down with white flashing light, been down since yesterday. Did all the steps several times recommended by Tablo help, but no luck.

1 Like

Tablo should have redundant servers elsewhere to switch to when there’s a failure. That’s a rudimentary business practice.

Another basic would be for messaging in the app to indicate when there’s a server failure. I worked on my Tablo for hours before finding this message thread.

3 Likes

Still down and flashing white/blue in Michigan on my 4th gen. Thanks Tablo for the updates. I know that you are getting alot of negative thoughts but I really appreciate your service. Being retired and on a fixed income I really depend on my 4th generation Tablo. Keep up the great work and THANK YOU :blush:!

Indeed, people have been telling them this since last fall, and yet they still haven’t addressed this. They had a couple of brutal outages during the NFL season last year.

After all of the missteps from the @TabloTV folks, you would think they would learn that fumbling the communication is just self-inflicted stupidity. I already get a very spammy email nearly every week, mostly to promote shows on their streaming channels adding shows.

My 4th gen is still out, and I am in Omaha. I was debating if I was going to trust them for a second NFL season, and this will probably get me to shop for new hardware from some other company.

I also like how they act like there is some magic to restarting my router. I did and it did not help, which wasn’t a shock. but more importantly when every network connected device in my home works, but the Tablo doesn’t, my router isn’t the damn problem.

3 Likes

I see a notification last night at 9 pm not to reboot. Spent many hours rebooting yesterday afternoon. When this finally comes up again can you reconnect without re formatting any external drives which contain hours of recorded shows ?

I suspect “redundancy” is not in Tablo’s dictionary.

2 Likes