Resolving Tablo Server Outages - July 27 & 28, 2025

This outage has the same feel as one at a place I used to work - the IT Systems and Applications teams would (or sometimes, wouldn’t) see systems implode on weekends and not lift a finger to fix anything until the next business day. Users would complain and complain, and it was a wonder we didn’t have any firings. I’m not saying that’s what’s happening here - it just feels eerily similar.

I’m sure communication is coming, but it sure would be nice to have something coming across the wire for this 24/7/365 service.

The similarity is in the absence of communication - people tend to create their own narratives when there’s a lack of information or communication. This happens because humans have a natural need to understand and make sense of the world around them, according to The Grossman Group. When clear communication is absent, people’s brains will try to fill in the blanks using their experiences, emotions, and biases. This can have significant impacts, especially in relationships and workplaces.

By understanding this natural human tendency, individuals and organizations can prioritize open and effective communication to avoid misinterpretations and foster healthier relationships.

Tell Your Own Story Before Others Tell It For You | Ariel Group

3 Likes

For updates please see the first post in this thread: https://community.tablotv.com/t/intermittent-tablo-server-outages-july-27-2025/

I have both the 4th Gen and Legacy. Legacy is working fine, bur 4th Gen has not worked all day, and is still not working as of 9:30PM ET. I’m located in New England, if this isn a regional problem.

I chose disconnect. And now I have this window

Yep. That is what I did at 8 AM. Now the Tablo can’t find your internet. It can’t find mine, even though it is hard wired.

Mine just went down for the first time today. White blinking light, and can’t connect Android app, Apple app, Roko, Fire, or Google TV. I know things happens but discouraging as a new Gen 4 user.

Legacy Tablo will only connect on Roku.

My 4th gen is flashing blue and white, tv won’t connect but Samsung phone will. Think I will turn tablo off overnight, hope it is fixed tomorrow.

And still not working 11 hours later at 11:31pm ET. :face_with_symbols_on_mouth:

So, for OG, what is broken is web usage. For me, both Android and Roku work fine for OG. Can’t connect using the web browser though (and yes, I’ve got all the settings required to make the web browser work).

1 Like

4th generation still has flashing blue, white lights but will connect to tv. The library is available with access to recordings. Live cannot be used to record.

Exactly.

An Email to all Tablo users would’ve been really nice. It would’ve saved a lot of grief and time. Now, when the issue gets resolved, many will have to set everything up from scratch.

2 Likes

3hrs, no update…guess they went home

2 Likes

Spot on. :+1:t3::+1:t3:

Guess so. 12:40am EST in Richmond, VA, no access to 4th gen Tablo with alternating blue & white flashing light. I was not aware that loss of internet meant no access at all to the 4th gen Tablo, including recordings. Not via any platform. That’s a HUGE oversight that they are supposedly working on for a year now?! You would have hoped by the 4th generation, those kind of obvious shortcomings would have been solved a long time ago!!

Of course, their total lack of correct error description meant that before I found this thread, I’d done a hard reset and assume I’ve lost all my programming as well. Also spent time rebooting routers and modem, and trying to track non existent network issues, as like most of the east coast, we’ve had severe thunderstorms. Thanks for nothing Tablo!

4 Likes

exactly, robohelp had me reboot, reinstall yadda yadda yadda. then the popup for the outage showed funny enough my roku rv and (just installed on my pixel phone) app can connect now but not my laptop

So it’s too much to ask to have a notice in the TV or mobile app that there’s an outage? I reset the stupid thing because I thought there was a problem. Now all the recorded programs are gone. How is it there is no alternate connectivity that the hardware switches to for outage notifications in the apps? If the code has been written so that cannot be implemented easily then it’s been very poorly written (an understatement) or you don’t want to pay a developer to do it. I only came to the website to look at the warranty page because I thought it died and saw a tiny notice at the top about an outage. Really? That’s the best you can do to notify your customers of an outage?

2 Likes

I wounded it the ceo knows this is going on I was him or her I would be firing people and get someone in there that know how to fix this

1 Like

Does anyone know the current status? I am still not working.

3 Likes

Still down as far as I know, advice to anyone that has normal connectivity issues, about a year ago I had the issues shortly after purchasing and I discovered running Ethernet for the input directly to the Tablo then Wi-Fi to reach the TV solved the problem as Wi-Fi connected on both ends can cause some connectivity issues, hopefully they get this current problem corrected as soon as possible.

1 Like