Rescan chnannels to add new ones

Don’t forget to rescan channels on a regular basis to add new ones.

54-2 and 54-3 are now broadcasting in English in Autin, TX

great… will do it now!

Fellow Austinite

7-4 not yet but soon from what I hear. METV
Www.titantv.com already has 54s in Austin ota channels. I told them the date. Sure wish Tablo EPG was that easy to add. Only forwarded email from Engineer to Titantv and they a died and thanked me for info. Helps them remain the best.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KNVA

Is that the channel? Wikipedia lists the (2) subchannels as TBD resolution. What are they showing up as @beastman?

On that note, how do the rest of you Tablo users use subchannels? I personally only turn them on if they are HD. Do any of you use them even if they come in at 480?

54-2 GRIT
54-3 LAFF

Both 480 as most subchannels are

Talked to David about EPG already. Give him zip code. I’m 78758

Yes, I turn on 480 subchannels. There is plenty of SD content out there that is good and looks just fine.
Note that my TV is only 32". SD might look like crap on a bigger TV.

Actually, I take that back. We keep the two PBSs subchannels on (total of 6 channels, 4 SD quality), for cooking shows assorted stuff like that (gf enjoys them).

The only other subchannel we have on is a Fox, as it comes in at 720p.

FYI - watching live on TV and pressing guide (or info, whatever your TV calls it) the schedule is available.

If you go to the Fox 7 website there is a program guide. It goes all the way to February 11th with no mention of MeTV. I hope it’s wrong.

I sent FOX7 an email and was told 7-4 will be in March if the needed equipment arrives. It will be METV.

Thanks. I aimed my antennas north to Austin thinking MeTV would be here soon. I’ll aim them south again to get MeTV from channel 12.

Call me stupid, but how do I do a channel rescan? New setup and I just switched to indoor/outdoor antenna in attic. TV get 43 channels from new antenna. Tablo has 10 from old antenna. It should be simple but I have not found a way to do it. Thanks

Not gonna call you stupid. :slight_smile:
Tablo channel rescans can be performed from the Tablo Settings page via a web browser at this address:
http://my.tablotv.com

Scroll down the settings page, and in the Guide section you’ll see Edit Channel Line up button.
Click that button, and scroll down to the Rescan Button, and click it.
After the rescan completes, remember to select the channels that you want, and unselect the ones you don’t want, and then click on the Add to Guide button.

Then it’ll take about a minute per channel to finish downloading the new guide info.
The settings screen should display the guide download progress.
It’ll go thru 2 download cycles before it finishes.

I believe you can also perform the above via the Android, and iOS apps.

1 Like

My hero. Worked great. Seems like it should have been something easy to find.

I know you can do from Android, both phone and AndroidTV. Maybe ios phone, but I don’t think so from AppleTV

Hi…I’m new at this…how do I rescan my channels? Do I have to be in My Account? If I do, I’ll have to wait because I can’t seem to get in, and of course there is NO help on the weekend…

Like this:

I appreciate it! On all counts…:smirk:

Rescan using a web browser as others said, or use Tablo app on Android phone or tablet(maybe other devices too) under settings.

I’ve been hesitant to do this because we have about 50-60 subchannels here in the Dallas / Fort Worth Area. I’ve gone through and removed the ones I don’t want (Spanish and infomercial channels mainly), and I don’t want to have to redo that.

Is the re-scan “destructive”? Does it bring back those that you’ve previously removed?

Does it indicate which ones are new, so you don’t have to go back through the whole list trying to figure out which ones you want to keep?