Rescan chnannels to add new ones

It brings back those removed and you might not get one you have now. The .2, 3, etc are not added automatically either.

Yep, I should have known better, but curiosity got the best of me. I rescanned.

I figured I would open up the list in one window so I can see which ones I had unselected there, then scan in another browser window. NO LUCK! As soon as I hit scan, the other window cleared and started adding in the channels as it scanned.

I quickly pulled it up in my iPhone app and it still had the former selections there.

Once the scan completed, I went through and reselected the subchannels I wanted. There were a couple new ones added. But I lost 10 subchannels. Bummed.

Tablo really should improve the ā€œrescanā€ process so that itā€™s not destructive.

When did you ladt rescan prior to this one? Try moving the antenna a fraction of an inch or put on angel and rescan again. If you originally scanned and was heavy fog you could have gotten out of market stations, like I get Houston anf am in Austin.
You mist likely couldnā€™t watch the stations you lost.

Last scan was several months ago, when I got the Tablo. Iā€™ll have to look to figure out more details about the stations removed. Sadly, even though Iā€™ve lived here for about 20 years, Iā€™m not that familiar with the channels. I just donā€™t watch much live TV, so Iā€™ve never learned them. :wink:

See www.antennatv.com or www.ke5asu.com/ota.html for more cord cutting tips

Im sort of confused on this conversation. I agree, the rescan should not be destructive, you should be able to rescan and JUST add to your list if you choose, I fight this issue anytime I want to add new sub channels to my parents Tabloā€¦ One channel they really want works perfectly about 80% of the time but I seem to choose the wrong time to check for new channels almost every timeā€¦

But therein lies my confusion, I go to their house, I hit re-scan, and as long as I donā€™t hit ā€œAdd to Guideā€ after the re-scan is complete, no changes are made to my active list.

So even if it picks up new recently added sub channels, if I chose the wrong time of day and am missing that one hard to get channel, I simply donā€™t hit add to guide, I just close it out and no changes. Come back later, re-scan, get the new sub channels AND that one slightly elusive on, THEN I click add to guideā€¦

Itā€™s a pain, but workable.