Rescan chnannels to add new ones

FYI - watching live on TV and pressing guide (or info, whatever your TV calls it) the schedule is available.

If you go to the Fox 7 website there is a program guide. It goes all the way to February 11th with no mention of MeTV. I hope it’s wrong.

I sent FOX7 an email and was told 7-4 will be in March if the needed equipment arrives. It will be METV.

Thanks. I aimed my antennas north to Austin thinking MeTV would be here soon. I’ll aim them south again to get MeTV from channel 12.

Call me stupid, but how do I do a channel rescan? New setup and I just switched to indoor/outdoor antenna in attic. TV get 43 channels from new antenna. Tablo has 10 from old antenna. It should be simple but I have not found a way to do it. Thanks

Not gonna call you stupid. :slight_smile:
Tablo channel rescans can be performed from the Tablo Settings page via a web browser at this address:
http://my.tablotv.com

Scroll down the settings page, and in the Guide section you’ll see Edit Channel Line up button.
Click that button, and scroll down to the Rescan Button, and click it.
After the rescan completes, remember to select the channels that you want, and unselect the ones you don’t want, and then click on the Add to Guide button.

Then it’ll take about a minute per channel to finish downloading the new guide info.
The settings screen should display the guide download progress.
It’ll go thru 2 download cycles before it finishes.

I believe you can also perform the above via the Android, and iOS apps.

1 Like

My hero. Worked great. Seems like it should have been something easy to find.

I know you can do from Android, both phone and AndroidTV. Maybe ios phone, but I don’t think so from AppleTV

Hi…I’m new at this…how do I rescan my channels? Do I have to be in My Account? If I do, I’ll have to wait because I can’t seem to get in, and of course there is NO help on the weekend…

Like this:

I appreciate it! On all counts…:smirk:

Rescan using a web browser as others said, or use Tablo app on Android phone or tablet(maybe other devices too) under settings.

I’ve been hesitant to do this because we have about 50-60 subchannels here in the Dallas / Fort Worth Area. I’ve gone through and removed the ones I don’t want (Spanish and infomercial channels mainly), and I don’t want to have to redo that.

Is the re-scan “destructive”? Does it bring back those that you’ve previously removed?

Does it indicate which ones are new, so you don’t have to go back through the whole list trying to figure out which ones you want to keep?

It brings back those removed and you might not get one you have now. The .2, 3, etc are not added automatically either.

Yep, I should have known better, but curiosity got the best of me. I rescanned.

I figured I would open up the list in one window so I can see which ones I had unselected there, then scan in another browser window. NO LUCK! As soon as I hit scan, the other window cleared and started adding in the channels as it scanned.

I quickly pulled it up in my iPhone app and it still had the former selections there.

Once the scan completed, I went through and reselected the subchannels I wanted. There were a couple new ones added. But I lost 10 subchannels. Bummed.

Tablo really should improve the “rescan” process so that it’s not destructive.

When did you ladt rescan prior to this one? Try moving the antenna a fraction of an inch or put on angel and rescan again. If you originally scanned and was heavy fog you could have gotten out of market stations, like I get Houston anf am in Austin.
You mist likely couldn’t watch the stations you lost.

Last scan was several months ago, when I got the Tablo. I’ll have to look to figure out more details about the stations removed. Sadly, even though I’ve lived here for about 20 years, I’m not that familiar with the channels. I just don’t watch much live TV, so I’ve never learned them. :wink:

See www.antennatv.com or www.ke5asu.com/ota.html for more cord cutting tips

Im sort of confused on this conversation. I agree, the rescan should not be destructive, you should be able to rescan and JUST add to your list if you choose, I fight this issue anytime I want to add new sub channels to my parents Tablo… One channel they really want works perfectly about 80% of the time but I seem to choose the wrong time to check for new channels almost every time…

But therein lies my confusion, I go to their house, I hit re-scan, and as long as I don’t hit “Add to Guide” after the re-scan is complete, no changes are made to my active list.

So even if it picks up new recently added sub channels, if I chose the wrong time of day and am missing that one hard to get channel, I simply don’t hit add to guide, I just close it out and no changes. Come back later, re-scan, get the new sub channels AND that one slightly elusive on, THEN I click add to guide…

It’s a pain, but workable.