Plex Plugin 2.0 Beta is Ready

@MikeNE I wonder if this is the same issue I see on Roku 3.

No Live TV but recordings work.

And I see no errors in the logs, but the logging looks a bit different for live when I try a different device. I have forwarded that info on to @Davidvr so hopefully he can figure it out

Hello Everyone, 

I am pretty new to all of this so please be gentle.  I am struggling to get the Tablo 2.0 beta to play any of my recordings and I am not seeing a solution to my problem.  I am able to see all of my recordings but it won’t play.  I get “An error occurred while attempting to navigate to the selected item.  It appears that the associated server is no longer accessible.”  I also am not able to stream live tv.  Is there something simple that I am missing?  I am running Plex server and accessing it through Amazon Fire TV.  It all works fine on my Roku but that is through the Tablo app and not through Plex.  Thanks for the help in advance.  

@runkmoe there is an issue with  Fire TV in the current version. I gave @Davidvr the fix but waiting for him to update.

As for your Roku version does Live TV work for you? It does not work for me on Roku, but recordings do work.

@Jestep  Thanks for the update.  I thought i might be going crazy.  

I
cannot play live tv through Plex on my Roku’s.  I can through the direct Tablo app on my Roku and that is what i am currently using to watch my recordings.  I am also struggling to get the older Plex Tablo app to play my shows on my Amazon Fire TV as well.  It will play some shows but not all.  

Thanks for the updates and if there is anything I can do to help, let me know.  

@runkmoe the Fire TV issue is a bug for the beta channel and probably the older version too…

But the Roku 3 bug I just could not figure out why it was not working on Live TV but I did give some info to @Davidvr and hopefully he can figure it out…

@Davidvr... I extracted the zip file to the plug-ins directory.  I don't see tablobeta showing up in the Channels...

Thanks,
Monte

@Monte did you restart Plex?

@Jestep… yep, but just the Tablo Channel shows up of the two… hmmm

Sorry guys, I’ve caught something and have been out sick trying to get better, as soon as I am I’ll get @Jestep 's fix in for the firetv and hopefully resolve some other bugs with the new threading I added. 

@Davidvr feel better

Any chance you were able to figure out the Live TV issue with Roku 3??

@Monte do you mean you see two?

If you already installed the Tablo channel via plex, then the second would be the beta

@Jestep, no I only see one in the Channels list.

@Monte does it say beta??

Never mind… it showed up…

Thanks,
Monte

Never mind… it showed up…

New to both Tablo and Plex.  Setting up a home theater and looking at these apps to be part of it.  Plex is pretty well mannered it seems and Tablo I believe is the key to TV in the theater.  Still have many avenues to explore before I can pull together all the parts and pieces for hopefully a common, single interface to use in the theater.

As to Tablo and Plex, you channel plugin is working, but unfortunately it seems to lack the ability to pull valued info from outside sources such as IMDb and others to help fill in content to each recording.  Also, it seems there isn’t any category or real sort feature to recordings, just lumped together.  Tablo itself through the android app does this, but I don’t find a way to have it done using your Plex plugin.  Am I missing something perhaps?

I appreciate all time and effort you have made producing this plugin.  It is of value to myself and many others.  I hope over the course of your efforts, the database structure does conform more to something like tablo uses on android. 

Thanks again.

-Rodger

@marjamar The plex plugin only provides two views of recording, TV Shows, lists each show , Sports lists sports programing and Movies lists movies. The second view that it provides is the Recent recordings view, that lists all recordings no matter the type with the newest recordings at the top and the oldest toward the bottom. We only use information provided by the tablo to fill in details at this point because plex does not provide any additional meta gathering capabilities natively it would be difficult to read other sources. 

Over time I will get the hang of this device better and your plugin as well.  Thanks for the reply and help understanding your work.

-Rodger

First of all many many thanks for making the tablo plex channel! I hope tablo has you on the payroll, because this feature was definitely the reason I made the purchase.

So…everything has been just great until recently.

I’ve been having issues with plex on the PS4: I can run tablo perfectly on any other device with plex (Mac,iOS ect…), but when I run it through the ps4 browser (my main source) I keep getting the “problem playing” error on all of the channels. Also, there is no fan art on any of the channel’s, not a big deal, but this happened just before I lost the live tv function on the PS4.

Any ideas or remedies I should try?

Thanks!

I’m not sure if this falls in your area or not, but I’ll present it here. It probably doesn’t. It probably involves more Plex than your Plex Channel App.

I’d really like to see the recordings from my Tablo integrate better with Plex in general. What I mean by this is I love it if Plex would simply monitor the Tablo hard drive, as it does other media folders, and automagically add the content to the appropriate Plex folder. No need for a channel at all.

As nice as the Tablo Channel is on my Plex server, it still requires more fiddling around opening channels, then finding the show to watch, than simply opening Plex, then the Television section, to see all of my content in one area.