Official Tablo Support

@ocsurf, on old existing shows?  For shows recorded after the feature was added… afaik, a tuner processor is used when available to generate the thumbnails after the fact.

So it can take a bit for them to show up for newly recorded shows.

@ocsurf

How long after the recording was complete did you try to watch it?

1. Thumbnails are only created after a recording is complete, not during.
  2. This process only takes a few minutes but it requires to have a free tuner to do it.

@TabloTV @cjcox @theuser86 I’ve noticed it happening on recorded shows that I am watching the same day (within a few hours of being recorded).

@ocsurf - Aha, well then as the other posters mentioned you may not have had a tuner available to process the thumbnails for those. Next time you notice it, mark down which show it is. Go back the next day and see if it now has thumbnails.

@ocsurf

Does said recording have thumbnails today?

@ocsurf As noted by @TabloTV, it can take some time for the thumbnail generation to process. Do they eventually show up - an hour or so later?

@theuser86 @TabloSupport The thumbnails show up the next day or a few hours later.
The recent issue I’ve been having is the channels loading after I have clicked on them from the guide to watch. It seems like it takes 15-20 seconds of ‘loading’ before the channel comes up. My Tablo and Roku 3 are both ethernet wired.

Well - after my reset which initially appeared to go OK, all attempts to record a show resulted in a :

Recording failed because the hard drive was full.
From the Settings page, it shows 1.34TB Available.  
Any suggestions ??
Well - after my reset which initially appeared to go OK, all attempts to record a show resulted in a :

Any suggestions ??

I had to reformat my 1.5TB drive when it had around 10% space left. Must be some math gone wrong in an algorithm I’d guess.  

Has anyone else seen that the Web App will not load default load into Recordings since the 28 update?  My Settings are set correctly (to go to Recordings) but the Web App always opens up in Live Tv.

Yes, I have the same problem with the.28 update… If you experiment with it, no matter what you set for the default landing screen, it always defaults to Live TV.

@ChrisFix @TechNerd - The fix for this is live now. 

@TabloSupport @TabloTV Should I submit a ticket for my ‘loading’ issue (it takes 15-20 seconds to load a station once I click on it)?

@ocsurf, that is pretty normal behavior.  It takes that long to load and start buffering an untuned station.  Once it is tuned, you can switch back to it in a second or less.

Has anyone else seen that the Web App will not load default load into Recordings since the 28 update?  My Settings are set correctly (to go to Recordings) but the Web App always opens up in Live Tv.

Yes, I have the same problem with the.28 update… If you experiment with it, no matter what you set for the default landing screen, it always defaults to Live TV.

@ChrisFix @TechNerd - The fix for this is live now. 

Yea! The app opened to my Recordings (as I’ve been asking it to do for a week!). 

@TabloTV - Thanks for letting me (us) know the fix was made.

@ChrisFix - NP! Thanks for letting us know. 

Fairly frequently I’m seeing a recording getting broken up into two parts.  Is that common with others?  So for an hour show I might have 25 minutes and then another 35 minutes, etc.

@KevinG, I have never had that happen to me, though the Tablo is designed to recover from an interruption and do that.

Any suggestions ??

I had to reformat my 1.5TB drive when it had around 10% space left. Must be some math gone wrong in an algorithm I’d guess.  

Reformatting seemed to fix it.  Thanks for the tip.

@RadioMan

Dual or Quad tuner?

Can you turn/stand it on its side to let it cool better? Overheating can cause issues as such.

Some people use USB fans.

Not sure where to put this one, without reading ALL the posts so far…

Problem:  Known GOOD signal is interpreted as “weak signal” by TabloTV which causes missed recordings. 

This Sunday morning, I went to live watch the remaining part of CBS Sunday morning, “error-Weak Signal” showed on one
affiliate, so I tried another. Same issue. Then, I tried our area’s strongest signal, an ION TV affiliate on 43-1, same warning.
Tried other channels. Same warning. All channels, even strong ones read "weak signal."

Rebooted Tablo, no change in fixed antenna/amplifier, all the channels are relayed FINE to my Roku XD boxes and Roku 2.

This has happened twice, sadly It’s been on Sunday mornings when CBS Sunday morning is set to record. (Charles Osgood’s show.) 

Is there any way to trace the cause of this, and has anyone else had that issue?

Aside from that, the new “private” channel works very well here, though I could live without background Icons on selected shows and recordings if it would speed up the whole selection and loading process. Also noticed we don’t have signal meters (dots) in the new PC interface…are we possibly going to see a per-channel signal meter for best selection of strongest signal when duplicate affiliates are available, I wonder?

Already on it’s side for the past few weeks for that reason. These do run warm. One of my concerns.

Not overheating. Picture on link below. 

http://i1430.com/files/TABLO.jpg