Official Tablo Support

I lived in San Antonio on the North West side by Bandera road. We were out by 1604. I had my antenna aimed south by southwest. I don’t know if this helps or not… lol

My parents actually live in UC which is NE San Antonio and those stations came in perfect.

On the Amazon Fire TV app I can’t rewind or FF live tv after I pause it.  The play back bar on the bottom of the video player doesn’t move and the numbers just show 00:00.  Recordings give full RW/FF controls and I also have full controls on the Web App and IOS app so seems to be a problem with my Amazon App.  I’ve updated firmware on the Tablo and also updated the Video Player when prompted to on the Amazon App.  Anyone have suggestions?

Is it possible the latest update has some bugs in it.  I did the update about 8 this morning and have not been back to see how tablo is doing until about a hour ago (6:30 MST).  It would not connect through chrome, or my iPhone.  I did a power off and on about 30 minutes later and it slowly came back after about 10 minutes.  I have been watching it try to complete sync and decided to ask here while it continues.  Only had this unit for 1 month now, and this is the first time it's had anything like this happen.

-Rodger

04/10/15 - Restarted all networking, but still does not work.  Plugged the tablo network cable directly to the router and restart tablo, and still not working.  It does eventually connect, but most of the time it has to try and reconnect.  I have also went to settings and did a disconnect and then reconnect.  It seems to try to work, but something keeps it from finishing all the way.  A few times it got to the point where syncing finished, but still could not play live or recorded TV.  Just gives a message “Unexpectedly faild to execute api:player/playRecording with 0 retries.”.  Waiting on  a callback from Tablo support.  Not good.

04/10/15 - Ok, got a call from a nice tech support person and went through a few things with him.  Turned out to be an easy fix.  I had gotten 1 step away from this myself a few times since yesterday, but miss one key step to the process of clearing my cache.  So, here’s what needs to be do to do that.

First, unplug the tablo’s power cord for a few seconds, then plug it in.  The blue light should be on and then start flashing quickly after a few seconds.  Go to your Tablo display device and go to the Tablo menu, then press the Disconnect button. When the Disconnect is completed, a new screen comes up to connect the Tablo again.  Do not connect, but on the right of the Connect button there is a Red X, click that.  When the screen refreshes, then press the Re-Scan button, once done, then press the Connect button.  What you have done is reseted the cache and re-connected your Tablo to the network.  The cache will begin to sync once again to rebuild itself.  Once that is done, you should be good to go.

Hope this helps someone.  It was not so nice to be without access to my Tablo for so long.

-Rodger

It continues…

Since I did this last post, I have had to clear the cache at least 4 times!  Other problems are at work here.  My 1.5TB Seagate USB Expansion Drive is about 80% full.  Took it off the Tablo and put it on the PC using Paragon’s ExtFS for Windows.  Did some file transfers from it to a HD and work about as expected.  No errors come up at all.  But, the Tablo is running just fine without that drive connect.  Obviously not much good for recording, DUH!, but no connection issues and plays/pauses live TV fine.  So, I guess we are back to glitches with Tablo using the this drive at 80%+ capacity for some reason.

I have a 2nd 2TB Seagate Expansion Drive.  I created an Ext3 partition on it and am currently backup up everything from the 1.5TB drive to it.  It will take about 15~20 hours it looks like, but at least I will have some freedom to test more fully the 1.5TB drive without too much fear of losing content.

Sure wish Tablo had an easy and simple backup solution working for this device.

-Rodger

@marjamar

Please get TabloSupport to login to your Tablo and check the logs. This is something that needs to be looked at more and proven.

I have a 320 GB drive with 10 GB drive and it works just fine. That is only 3% free. Live TV and recordings work great on the new Fire TV app and new Roku channel.

Has anyone else seen that the Web App will not load default load into Recordings since the 28 update?  My Settings are set correctly (to go to Recordings) but the Web App always opens up in Live Tv.

Has anyone else seen that the Web App will not load default load into Recordings since the 28 update?  My Settings are set correctly (to go to Recordings) but the Web App always opens up in Live Tv.

Yes, I have the same problem with the.28 update… If you experiment with it, no matter what you set for the default landing screen, it always defaults to Live TV.

@ChrisFix @TechNerd - I’ve sent this info over to our web guru. He’ll get this patched up soon.

That update is responsible for me missing 3 days of recordings as well.  My HD was working fine until the update.  Immediately after it, Tablo thought it was too full to continue working.  Think about that for a minute.  Working fine, did the update, too full.  How do I know?  Yesterday I had to reformat that HD to get my Tablo working again.  I really do not appreciate this at all.  I backed up my HD before formatting it, but now I cannot watch any of the series or movies I had recorded over the past month.  And, it looks like I will have to almost manually piece together these TS files and rebuilt the titles so once moved to PLEX they will rebuild the metadata.  This is days upon days of work.

-Rodger

I still cannot connect reliably.   I had to power-cycle my Tablo 6 times or so last weekend.  And this morning I can’t connect again.  I entered a support ticket and the only comment was that my disk was almost full.  Well that is true and I have the auto delete setting set.  But if this has anything to do with the disk being full, then all is lost since I have to be able to connect in order to delete shows and if the Tablo won’t allow me to connect since the disk is full, the I’m in an endless loop.  I’m going to power cycle again this morning before I go to work and check it when I get home.

See my post above yours.  The last update is the culprit here I’m pretty sure.

-Rodger

Update: After power cycle - my Nexus Player could connect, but could not play back anything.  Tried Live TV and a couple of different recorded shows.  Got a player error each time.

@marjamar 

Really sorry to hear that you’ve had such an uphill battle getting this going. I think we spoke briefly, but if there’s anything like this again please feel free to reach out to us directly. We could have made the transition of all your recordings a little easier or less painful. 

@Charlie Have we been in touch? If you’re still having issues please don’t hesitate to send us a note either!

Interestingly, as a computer tech/shop owner for about 10 years, I have had to fix more computers than I can remember.  But almost all of that was cut & dried compared to what is going on inside this tablo.  Thinking of the overhead that must go on inside this little black box that allows it to do what it does is a bit mind boggling.  Mix that to the fact that just about all of it needs to be done, and done right in real time, and it would seem to me to be more a nightmare, then mind boggling.  Then, if that were not enough, it needs to satisfy its users in a polite, well mannered way, the instant it is called upon.

I guess what I am trying to say is, things like the Tablo are a wonder – In way to many ways.  I am only glad to be retired and not running this company or worse, responsible for keeping all of the gadgetry inside working like all of us want it to.

Good luck!  I do mean that too.

-Rodger
@marjamar 

Really sorry to hear that you've had such an uphill battle getting this going. I think we spoke briefly, but if there's anything like this again please feel free to reach out to us directly. We could have made the transition of all your recordings a little easier or less painful. 

@Charlie Have we been in touch? If you're still having issues please don't hesitate to send us a note either!

I just submitted another ticket.  

Pretty sure this last update is “seeing” the HD differently.  Perhaps there were adjustments made to allow for a few extra variables in the HD lineup.  I really don’t know, but Charlie’s woes sound HD related in the same ways mine were.  BTW, after the full reformat to the HD, I haven’t seen connection/sync or playback/recording issues yet.  I do suspect they will reappear at some point however, once the HD start to fill up once again.  Hope Tablo will have found the issue that caused me all this grief before that happens, and provides another update to fix it – Maybe one that also has the backup facility included I and so many others have requested.

-Rodger

@TabloSupport  or anyone else have an answer or solution as to why I have no ‘screenshots/previews’ as I fast forward a recorded show?

@ocsurf - On which platform?

@ocsurf - On which platform?

ROKU 3

@ocsurf - That’s very odd. Place a ticket w/ Tablo Support and they’ll take a look at the info on your box to see why that might be happening.