Is it possible the latest update has some bugs in it. I did the update about 8 this morning and have not been back to see how tablo is doing until about a hour ago (6:30 MST). It would not connect through chrome, or my iPhone. I did a power off and on about 30 minutes later and it slowly came back after about 10 minutes. I have been watching it try to complete sync and decided to ask here while it continues. Only had this unit for 1 month now, and this is the first time it's had anything like this happen.
04/10/15 - Restarted all networking, but still does not work. Plugged the tablo network cable directly to the router and restart tablo, and still not working. It does eventually connect, but most of the time it has to try and reconnect. I have also went to settings and did a disconnect and then reconnect. It seems to try to work, but something keeps it from finishing all the way. A few times it got to the point where syncing finished, but still could not play live or recorded TV. Just gives a message "Unexpectedly faild to execute api:player/playRecording with 0 retries.". Waiting on a callback from Tablo support. Not good.
04/10/15 - Ok, got a call from a nice tech support person and went through a few things with him. Turned out to be an easy fix. I had gotten 1 step away from this myself a few times since yesterday, but miss one key step to the process of clearing my cache. So, here's what needs to be do to do that.
First, unplug the tablo's power cord for a few seconds, then plug it in. The blue light should be on and then start flashing quickly after a few seconds. Go to your Tablo display device and go to the Tablo menu, then press the Disconnect button. When the Disconnect is completed, a new screen comes up to connect the Tablo again. Do not connect, but on the right of the Connect button there is a Red X, click that. When the screen refreshes, then press the Re-Scan button, once done, then press the Connect button. What you have done is reseted the cache and re-connected your Tablo to the network. The cache will begin to sync once again to rebuild itself. Once that is done, you should be good to go.
Hope this helps someone. It was not so nice to be without access to my Tablo for so long.
Since I did this last post, I have had to clear the cache at least 4 times! Other problems are at work here. My 1.5TB Seagate USB Expansion Drive is about 80% full. Took it off the Tablo and put it on the PC using Paragon's ExtFS for Windows. Did some file transfers from it to a HD and work about as expected. No errors come up at all. But, the Tablo is running just fine without that drive connect. Obviously not much good for recording, DUH!, but no connection issues and plays/pauses live TV fine. So, I guess we are back to glitches with Tablo using the this drive at 80%+ capacity for some reason.
I have a 2nd 2TB Seagate Expansion Drive. I created an Ext3 partition on it and am currently backup up everything from the 1.5TB drive to it. It will take about 15~20 hours it looks like, but at least I will have some freedom to test more fully the 1.5TB drive without too much fear of losing content.
Sure wish Tablo had an easy and simple backup solution working for this device.