Official Tablo Support

@snowcat
Thanks! Panicked a bit too quick when I saw it wasn’t connecting. Should always know the Tablo team is hands down the best. All I did was the simplest of all solutions. Unplugged my Tablo, then reconnected power cord. I assume that it forces a reboot of Tablo. Seems to be working fine and my iPad reconnedted on the first attempt. Not sure what I would do without my Tablo.

Gonna try that myself. Have to wait though since shows are recording now.

@TetterkeT - He should see a secondary question that requires an answer. We’ll check it out to make sure it’s working though.

When looking thru the recorded programs on my phone or computer, I often find an episode of a TV show which fails to record with an error message that says something like: no harddisk.  (I don’t remember the exact error message.) But the USB drive is definitely there and the Tablo successfully records other programs later on in time after the “no harddisk” message.  Is this a known problem ??  

@Charlie It’s more that the Tablo did not detect the hard drive at the time of the recording. 

Some drives have some known issues and tendencies to cause USB disconnects to and from the devices they’re connected to. If they don’t reconnect automatically (they usually do) and the Tablo doesn’t detect an attached disk at the time of the recording, it will fail with a ‘no disk attached’ error.

If this is cropping up often, send us a note and we can take a look to see what’s going on.

Another problem that cropped up today.  I cannot reliably connect to my tablo.  My tablo is connected directly to my router (not thru wifi) and there were times yesterday that it took 3 power-cycles before I could connect.  Any recommendations on this ??    My router is an Apple router.

I had the same problem last night. I had to restart my Tablo twice in order for it to get coneected.

@Charlie @ocsurf There aren’t any known issues that would prevent you from connecting entirely. There could be something else to it. I’d suggest sending me us a ticket, and we can look at your Tablo directly to see what’s going on.

@TabloSupport Thanks I’ll send a ticket when I get home today if the issue persists.

Router died, so replaced it.  Tablo will not connect.  I have an address scanner that reports it is on 192.168.1.113, so it seems to respond, but not via the web app.  But it does play recordings through Roku; seems odd.  I did power cycle Tablo; no change.

Connection fails the Settings port forwarding test.  Of the three ports, one reports OK, the other two do not.  Checked the router, and the forwarding is still set as it has been for months with no problem.  This arose since installing the new Tablo web app.

I’m a non-techie newbie: I discovered that Tablo android app must be deleted & reinstalled for a factory reset.Getting connected to my home WiFi needs clearer instructions out of the box (for android mobile give instructions:settings, etc.)Also about removing & reinstalling the app.There needs to be clear instructions about hard drive to remain connected during factory reset.I was constantly getting an unidentified download to my android Samsung S3; the only way to kill it was:settings; storage, downloads, other downloads & trash it while in progress otherwise it’d resume.Also no real info if the HD won’t accept recording scheduling (happened to me) so I was seeking HD reboot/reformat. Factory reset did not confirm HD is reformatted. I haven’t tried schedule of a program. If it doesn’t scedule then a trouble ticket to Tablo.It scanned & recognized my local channels & I see live TV via my ROKU 3.

Is it possible the latest update has some bugs in it.  I did the update about 8 this morning and have not been back to see how tablo is doing until about a hour ago (6:30 MST).  It would not connect through chrome, or my iPhone.  I did a power off and on about 30 minutes later and it slowly came back after about 10 minutes.  I have been watching it try to complete sync and decided to ask here while it continues.  Only had this unit for 1 month now, and this is the first time it’s had anything like this happen.

-Rodger

Very Happy with the latest releases of software/firmware. Using Tablo from my HTC Android phone + Windows 8.1 laptop using the Chrome browser and a Roku Stick (MHL) in my Oppo Blu-Ray. (Using 2.1.28 on the Tablo and Tablo Preview for my Roku Stick)

No problems after the upgrades. 

Is it possible the latest update has some bugs in it.  I did the update about 8 this morning and have not been back to see how tablo is doing until about a hour ago (6:30 MST).  It would not connect through chrome, or my iPhone.  I did a power off and on about 30 minutes later and it slowly came back after about 10 minutes.  I have been watching it try to complete sync and decided to ask here while it continues.  Only had this unit for 1 month now, and this is the first time it's had anything like this happen.

-Rodger

04/10/15 - Restarted all networking, but still does not work.  Plugged the tablo network cable directly to the router and restart tablo, and still not working.  It does eventually connect, but most of the time it has to try and reconnect.  I have also went to settings and did a disconnect and then reconnect.  It seems to try to work, but something keeps it from finishing all the way.  A few times it got to the point where syncing finished, but still could not play live or recorded TV.  Just gives a message “Unexpectedly faild to execute api:player/playRecording with 0 retries.”.  Waiting on  a callback from Tablo support.  Not good.

Is it possible the latest update has some bugs in it.  I did the update about 8 this morning and have not been back to see how tablo is doing until about a hour ago (6:30 MST).  It would not connect through chrome, or my iPhone.  I did a power off and on about 30 minutes later and it slowly came back after about 10 minutes.  I have been watching it try to complete sync and decided to ask here while it continues.  Only had this unit for 1 month now, and this is the first time it's had anything like this happen.

-Rodger

04/10/15 - Restarted all networking, but still does not work.  Plugged the tablo network cable directly to the router and restart tablo, and still not working.  It does eventually connect, but most of the time it has to try and reconnect.  I have also went to settings and did a disconnect and then reconnect.  It seems to try to work, but something keeps it from finishing all the way.  A few times it got to the point where syncing finished, but still could not play live or recorded TV.  Just gives a message “Unexpectedly faild to execute api:player/playRecording with 0 retries.”.  Waiting on  a callback from Tablo support.  Not good.

04/10/15 - Ok, got a call from a nice tech support person and went through a few things with him.  Turned out to be an easy fix.  I had gotten 1 step away from this myself a few times since yesterday, but miss one key step to the process of clearing my cache.  So, here’s what needs to be do to do that.

First, unplug the tablo’s power cord for a few seconds, then plug it in.  The blue light should be on and then start flashing quickly after a few seconds.  Go to your Tablo display device and go to the Tablo menu, then press the Disconnect button. When the Disconnect is completed, a new screen comes up to connect the Tablo again.  Do not connect, but on the right of the Connect button there is a Red X, click that.  When the screen refreshes, then press the Re-Scan button, once done, then press the Connect button.  What you have done is reseted the cache and re-connected your Tablo to the network.  The cache will begin to sync once again to rebuild itself.  Once that is done, you should be good to go.

Hope this helps someone.  It was not so nice to be without access to my Tablo for so long.

-Rodger

@TabloTV needs to write a manual from setting it up to all the troubleshooting like above. Perhaps a Tablo for Dummy book.

@TabloSupport - I have a question, which is IF I got a second Tablo, and located it in San Antonio, would it still be included with my EPG subscription?  SA has some channels that Austin does not. 

@beastman, as long as it is registered under your account, your second Tablo would be part of your account.  Each one can be set up with different zip codes if needed.

@snowcat - cool - I didn’t know if two different zip codes would be supported in the EPG under one user name.  Sounds like a way to expand your channel coverage.  For example, in Austin, TX we have MOVIES! which is NOT available in San Antonio, TX but San Antonio has COZITV and Antenna TV which neither are available in Austin.  All it takes is a Tablo in each city.  Of course if I got a 150 mile outdoor TV antenna, it might pick up the stations (depending on where the towers are)