Official Tablo Support

@dtherio I feel your pain as I have lived through exactly the same.

Between my antenna, spliter, Tablo, hard drive, android Tablet and misc I was into this cord cutting adventure for around $800 myself only to find out that Chromecast wouldn’t work. By the time I came to this realization it was past my 30 day window to return to Amazon as well. I admit mostly cause I was traveling for business but again my issues where never resolved by support and they quite responding to my ticket and emails.

Luckily for me I’m some what tech savvy and by the grace of your favorite deity I was able to use @cjcox python script to integrate the Tablo into my Plex media server. If it wasn’t for that I’d up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

The Tablo has an internal 4 way splitter. Have you tried not splitting the antenna and connect it to the Tablo? I got a separate antenna for the TV.

Is there any way we can get rid of @orion4100 or at least direct him to US political forums where he’ll fit right in?

4 Likes

I’m not using any splitters. The antenna is connected directly to the Tablo. All I get from support are lame excuses.

Mine does t even record properly. Support has seen this but still excuses.

There are shows - for example, Elementary - that routinely seem to start late, probably due to sports or other delays. The Tablo scheduler doesn’t ever adjust for this, so almost every episode I’ve recorded of Elementary is missing either the very end or as much as 2/3 of the show. The only solution I know is to record the next show on the schedule, but in this case it would be the evening news, so that’s not practical. Since it’s been a long time without an improvement, I’m not expecting the schedule program to improve, but why can’t we be allowed an option to increase the extra time at the end beyond 5 minutes for specific shows that follow sports or news events? Not for everything, but just for specific shows in problem slots, we could add say 1/2 hour or 1 hour to the end automatically.

Sunday night CBS is really a problem during football season. For that reason, I have a repeating manual recording of the CBS station from 8pm to 12pm. If the regular recordings get messed up, I have that as a fall back. And this is even after CBS moved all their shows back by 30 minutes on Sunday. They’re still running 10-20 minutes past that regularly.

The Tablo guys have said that the firmware can now support extending individual shows, but they can’t turn it on until they can get the UI to set it into the various clients.

1 Like

Thank you. I didn’t know that you could use both time-based and schedule-based recording simultaneously - I had thought it was a binary choice. I’ll try to set that up as a backup too.

1 Like

@TabloSupport Are there any guidelines on response time back to customers? Do you support multiple, concurrently open tickets from one user? Is there a way that submitted requests can be tracked? or followed up if nothing is heard back after more than a week has elapsed?

Can you tell me how many open, unresolved issues you currently have that I may have submitted? Or do they somehow get closed after a period of time?

We have some tips for working with our team here:

Do you support multiple, concurrently open tickets from one user?
Yes.

Is there a way that submitted requests can be tracked?
Not at this time. We did used to enable user login on Zendesk - but it created confusion for some customers trying to access https://account.tablotv.com/ or http://my.tablotv.com/.

or followed up if nothing is heard back after more than a week has elapsed?
If you reply to the ticket form your end at any time, it will always reopen the case on our end, even if it’s been closed, regardless of how long it’s been.

Can you tell me how many open, unresolved issues you currently have that I may have submitted?
We don’t have any open tickets from you. You are submitting tickets to this form, correct? Or else emailing support@tablotv.com?

Or do they somehow get closed after a period of time?
No, tickets are only closed after they’ve been deemed solved. But even then, if you respond to it from your end, it reopens the ticket.

Ok, kind of bummed out to realize that all the issues I’ve raised here, all the times that I’ve placed my Tablo in remote access mode is just “tears in the rain”. I’ll start opening tickets and if I don’t get a response after

“slightly longer”, I guess I’d have to open a second ticket since one can’t follow up on the original ticket as per

Its been this way since day one. Cheers

Yep, it’s all on me.

When a new network launches, apprently it slows down the guide provider, as has recently happened when QUEST launched.

Very disappointed in your rsupport over the phone. I asked about getting Tablo Connect working with my internal router connected to an Xfinity modem I was told to call Comcast. Really, your support is as good as Comcast??? That’s what you want to compare to?

I think the point is that your provider’s router can vary and so there isn’t necessarily a universal set of instructions, or even the ability to keep up with thousands of variants and doing explicit instructions for port forwarding. With that said, you posted in the right place, as there might be some Comcast users here that have a router similar to yours and can help.

Edit: Let me add, you may be implying you have your own router… but still people here might be able to help if they know the model.

Yes, if you don’t know how to configure port forwarding on your router or combined modem/router from your ISP, then you should check with your ISP on how to do that.

However, maybe we can help you here. What is the make and model of your router? Actually start a new thread with this info.

New thread started.

Recordings on CBS are squeaking again. Ive had the settings set low as per the last time this happened and yes I also had the antenna search the channels again but all of that does not remove it. Is it time to look into another system altogether or will Tablo finally correct this?

I have been trying to find out the issue with live tv remote . When I attempt to use this feature it works well for a short time and than says remote playback error tuner has been resigned. I have the quad 4 I am using a samsung phone on data and it simply will not work. Also tried wi-fi with the same results. Unit works great when viewing live tv on the big screen at home. Get no answers from support except for standard answer when they don’t know, IT MUST BE YOUR INNTERNET.