Official Tablo Support

So you are saying that you are using remote connect to watch live tv/? And if so what is the quality setting for Live TV.

What Samsung phone? And what Android OS is it running?

To accommodate different Tablo Connect access scenarios, you can set the bandwidth your Tablo will use to stream the video over the internet. Bit rates can be set from 64K to 4 Mbps. When any of these bit rates are selected, the video whether live or recorded will be transcoded in real time to the selected bit rate. This consumes a transcoder/tuner which means that a tuner will be unavailable to record shows or to watch a live TV channel locally.

New samsung s10 e

I cannot get my 4 tuner to download the new firmware. It just stays on the download screen and does nothing. The LED blinks for a while then stops. I have tried the update on my FireStick 4K and my IPhone App to no avail.

I have powered down the Tablo, switched WiFi networks and it does the same thing.

Any ideas?

Look to see how many shows are being recorded. I had this same problem. Stations change schedules.

This is just a question for clarification; nothing that requires opening a support ticket.

We’ve had our Tablo Quad 1TB OTA dvr for over a year now, hooked up to a Roku Ultra, which is connected to a very old Vizio non-smart tv. The tv has been having some issues so we want to replace it. Logically, any brand of tv, smart or not, should work with this setup, even if we turn off wifi connectivity for the tv, but I want to be sure. The website only mentions certain TV brands and operating systems as being compatible. Is that assuming that the tv will be the only source for wifi-connected apps? Are there any compatibility considerations I should be aware of for Roku-connected tvs?

Ideally, correct. The Roku is the Roku. You should be able to connect it up to any available HDMI input regardless of the “smarts” of the TV. Switch to that HDMI input and you should be able to get to your Tablo app/channel just like before. It’s the Roku’s network connectivity that’s important. In fact if you plan to not use the TV’s smart platform, you don’t need to connect it to your network at all.

1 Like

Yes, in fact I have a (used to be smart) Sharp Quattron TV that has the wifi turned off with a Roku ultra and Firestick connected via HDMI inputs. It works fine. Our main TV we watch most of the time is an old Vizio (10 years +) non-smart tv also with the same streaming devices connected. You didn’t mention what was going wrong with your Vizio. I started having problems with my Vizio then looked for every place in the menus I could do a factory reset or reset to defaults, etc and did them all. The TV worked fine after that.

1 Like

SophieCat, thanks for the factory reset suggestion; we may give that a try. Our problem with our (also 10+ year old) Vizio is with the sound; the volume wavers in and out rapidly. We’ve tried toggling to the only other audio mode in the settings, but that just produces a longer period between fluctuations. What was the issue with yours?

My Vizio started having troubles tuning in channels. When first changing a channel, instead of switching to it instantly, it would hesitate. Then starting out all blocky it would eventually tune in. Kinda like when you are having antenna signal issues. I thought the tuner was going bad. But after all the resets it has been working fine. I found the advice on Vizio support and thought it couldn’t be that easy. But it was.

I think I did several different resets to defaults then the final was a reset to factory specs. Look through all the settings menus. I also took pictures (on my phone) of all my settings before doing this so I could change them back after the resets.

Glad that fixed it for you. My husband reset ours to factory settings but it hasn’t improved the sound, so I guess we’ll still be looking for a new tv.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.