Official Tablo Support

I was just prompted for an app update for my Android TV/Nexus Player and when I finished, the app has disappeared from the app list.  When I go to the Google Playstore from my laptop, it now shows the Tablo web player to be not compatible. So I can’t make it install.  What’s up Tablo ?? 

When I checked my Tablo this morning the light was flashing and didn’t start up. I tried to restart by turning the power off and then on after a minute. I have had the device for a year. I bought it new from Tablo.

The light flashes quickly at first and then it flashes slowly forever.

@HarryR

Flashing slowly means it has not gotten an IP address from your router.

Reboot your router then reboot your Tablo.

Thanks. I will try that.

Turns out to be a WiFi issue. I plugged the Tablo directly into the router and it seems to be working fine. That’s a relief!

Very weird - hard wired Tablo is always recommended.

It’s odd that it just started to be an  issue after all this time.

@Charlie - Sorry about that. There’s an issue w/ the Google Play store marking the app incompatible. We’re working on a fix. Stay tuned! 

@HarryR - If you want to go back to WiFi let us know and we can take a look at what’s going on.

@TabloTV Thanks. I think I will leave it this way as I like the increase in speed.

@HarryR - Great! Just wanted to touch base as some people need to use the WiFi for antenna positioning requirements. 

Noob here but I read enough enough discussions to learn ideal Tablo location’s near modem/router using copper.  

I am using the newer Roku app with my 4 channel Tablo. Ever since I started using this new interface sometimes I get an error on almost all channels that the signal is too weak, even on channels I KNOW are strong. If I unplug the Tablo and let it reboot suddenly the reception is fine. Any advice on how to stop this? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

@spiderterp - This is an issue we’re aware of and we’re working on a fix. Hope to have it resolved soon.

1 Like
I am using the newer Roku app with my 4 channel Tablo. Ever since I started using this new interface sometimes I get an error on almost all channels that the signal is too weak, even on channels I KNOW are strong. If I unplug the Tablo and let it reboot suddenly the reception is fine. Any advice on how to stop this? Thanks in advance.

I pretty much have the same setup and experiencing this same issue and before I figured it was an issue with the Tablo, I went out an purchased a new Antenna.

I pretty much have the same setup and experiencing this same issue and before I figured it was an issue with the Tablo, I went out an purchased a new Antenna.

Yes I have the same thing happening.

This is a known issue and Tablo is working on it.

Chas

1 Like

I’m back to seeing connection issues. It appears that every 2-3 days, the Tablo refused to allow any of my clients (Mac Pro laptop, Android phone or Nexus Player) to connect. Tried telling “disconnecting” and then “re-connecting” and that didn’t help. They only thing that helps is to power-cycle the Tablo. (pushing the button to do a reset did not work either.) I have to truly power-cycle it. Then everything works great again.

Does your Tablo have a static IP assigned to it by your router? This feature is called DHCP reservation.

Not static ip. I could change it so it gets a fixed ip addr.

I feel your pain… had the exact same thing happen to me, My HD was about 2% full one day, did the last update, then ended up re-formatting my HD cuz the Tablo couldn’t see the drive anymore. I was fortunate to have viewed/transferred most of my recordings to my laptop. Once re-formatted, it was business as usual. Very strange inded…