NEW - Update for Amazon Fire TV Devices (v. 1.3.1) & (v. 1.3.3)

Thanks guys.

OK Tablo support, it appears to be confirmed that since the latest update recordings can no longer be started, on Fire TV devices, until after they are finished. I have no idea if any of the improvements you sited above are working or not but this one step backwards more than nullifies all of them. For regular shows this might have gone unnoticed by many for some time, but for sports this is completely unacceptable. I want to start a game/event usually about 1 hour in or so that I can skip through most of the commercials but be caught up to live before the end.

BTW, your nice little animated cheering section above need to be replaced by the iconic image of Homer “Doh” Simpson.

I just confirmed if I start a “recording now” program from the Guide it plays while recording on my FireStick.

I am using a FireTV Stick and have not been able to play any recordings at all since the update (live tv works fine). Any tips greatly appreciated!

Texas13: try deleting the Tablo app and re-installing it; then rescan and resync.

What are you saying Wolfpack?

Can you go to ‘Recordings’ & start it while it is recording? Or that you can simply watch it live as it is recording?

Running Amazon FireStick with Tablo Firmware 2.2.16 and Tablo APP version 1.3.1. Apparently after the load of 1.3.1, I started seeing some issues that hadn’t been there before. (1) After selecting the Tablo APP I get a “white screen” for about 10 seconds before I get the blue screen telling me it is “Retrieving Tablo”. The white screen has not been that present in past versions. (2) I am seeing a longer than normal delay after selecting a channel before the screen appears. (3) After the screen initially appears I will go into a “buffering mode” (with the infamous moving circle) for about 3-5 seconds before the pictures restarts. Even seen a second “buffering mode” immediately after the first one for about 1 or 2 seconds. Never experienced this situation before, as it is getting to be a pain in the rear. Unlike the other users I haven’t tried pulling a recording from the past to see if it will work with the new version. Will have to try it later. However, I did experience the issues yesterday trying to watch the British Open after I started to record it. The recorded signal would not load since the show was live at the time. A few clichĂ©s that need to be fixed. Thanks.

Thanks, Wolfpack. I should have also mentioned that I am currently traveling and watching my Tablo remotely. I suppose deleting and reinstalling means I won’t be able to watch again until I get home?

Hi guys - We’ve got a hot fix coming for the in-progress recordings issue.

Stay tuned.

Did this update get beta tested?

I’m running 2-TVs Firestick Gen2. I found if you don’t disable “Fast Live Startup” then you’ll get that few seconds of buffering(moving circle) on Live View. I do get the White screen Startup for 5-10sec only when I exited/disconnected thru the App and not logging back for awhile. But when the App was left running in the background but not idled too long and then logging back in the App, White screen only appears so fast it’s hardly noticeable
 So far I don’t have any problem viewing all my recordings even with Live view concurrently playing

I did try going back to ver. 1.1.8 by using the Android Cordova Tablo App Apk. Surprisingly it worked and it solved the White Screen startup issue. All I get is the fast moving circle then follows the Tablo logo and that’s it

Given the reply from TabloTV this morning, It appears that they have confirmed that since the new update recordings cannot be viewed on Fire TV devices until they are complete & are currently working on a fix.

It would have been nice if they would have responded to my ticket request with specific info that they are aware of the issue & working on it, but alas

My wife just decided to watch a show that was recording. She hit the play now button to start it but just got the spinning circle. She went back to Live Tv and picked that channel. It played live and she just backed up to the beginning of the show. This was on the Fire Tv. But the Fire Stick does still have the 15 second white screen.

That’s good to know.

Normally you would be limited on how far back you can go & you would not be able to go any further back than when you tuned into the channel, but I suppose since it is being recorded it might let you back up to when the channel began recording. If that is the case then it is a workable solution, but hopefully Tablo will get this hiccup fixed soon.

Hi folks - A hotfix to return the capacity to play back in-progress recordings is on its way in v. 1.3.2.

We’ve also done a bit of tweaking to see if we can reduce the ‘white screen’ issue even more, especially for Fire TV sticks. Let us know how it goes!

Do you have an estimated time of release?

It’s been submitted and is propagating now.

Thanks!

I have been pretty upset the last two days over this issue, but for the most part I am happy with my Tablo. But it can be very frustrating when updates cause issues that were previously nonexistent.

We hear ya @rccolts. We don’t like to introduce any regressions either, but sometimes things sneak in. We’ll be going back to beta testing all app updates so that we have a secondary layer of help to catch anything that might have squeaked in.

1 Like

I deleted and re-installed the Tablo app on my Amazon FireStick this morning and it still shows up as version 1.3.1