NEW - Tablo PREVIEW App Update (v. 1.7.2)

Hello! I am a longtime Tablo user currently using the Tablo preview app on my FireTV stick. Just recently, I have noticed that if I shut off a recording in the middle of watching it, when I come back later to watch the rest it starts over at the beginning. My progress is not saved. When I first select the recording it will say how many minutes are still unwatched (e.g. 42 minutes of one hour) as if it had saved my place, but when I click on “watch” it restarts at the beginning every time. Anyone else have this problem?

That sounds like the preview app v1.7.2 bug. I’m sure there are a few posts in the v1.7.2 thread.

You have to use the original app until it’s fixed

Hm. I actually like the original app guide format better and find that it loads better, but I had to switch to the Preview app months ago because of a very annoying bug in the original app. But, I thought, perhaps they have fixed that bug by now. So, I just pulled up the original app and saw that there was an update to download that was supposed to fix bugs. And I thought, Great! Surely that means the bug in the original app will be fixed. So, I tried it out, and it is not fixed. I posted about that bug here, too, and was told “use the Preview app” so that’s what I’ve been doing even though I don’t like it as well. Now both apps have a really annoying bug. Sigh! I can put up with the minor bugs (not even gonna describe those). But its hard to decide which major bug I hate less: always having to search for my spot when I return to finish watching a recording (preview) or having the sound track continue playing for 3-4 seconds every time I pause a recording even though the picture freezes instantly and then when restarting having the picture resume in a spot 3-4 seconds later than where I paused it (original). Ugh.

I need an update. I finally installed the non preview version on my shield. No commercial skip but at least I can pause and resume.

You’ve got it!

I actually didn’t notice the resume issue so much as that if I went out of Tablo Preview App and went back in it took at least 5 minutes to load and if I let it sit, it reverts back to Fire main page to have to start all over again…and that’s still happening. Amazon Fire 4K Stick. Preview App was 1.7.2, but is now 1.7.4 and still having this issue. Why is it not loading like before?