NEW - Tablo PREVIEW App Update (v. 1.7.2)

Read this. Last few posts.

Is there any way to roll back Tablo Preview 1.7.2 to 1.7 so that Resume will work again. Wife is ready to toss the Tablo out without Resume.

Try uninstalling it and side-loading (details here) the old version, which you can get from here.

I would suggest that instead of the traditional boring toss, your wife could start her own watermelon toss. But instead of a watermelon she could use her tablo.

The Watermelon Drop started in 1965 when physics professor Bob Swanson asked the exam question, ā€œWhat would be the terminal velocity of a watermelon dropped from the seventh floor of Urey Hall, and how far would it splat?ā€

https://calendar.ucsd.edu/event/55th-annual-watermelon-drop/

Hi,

The resume play is not working on my Tablo Preview Fire TV app. If I try to resume a recording, it automatically starts from the beginning. Iā€™m not having this issue with Roku. Has anyone else experienced this? Iā€™ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.

And what postings are in the preview app v1.7.2 thread.

I do know how to sideload apps. I did DL Tablo Preview 1.7 [Thanks] and got the resume feature back. Unfortunately it automatically updated shortly after the re-install of 1.7. So now back to 1.7.2 and no resume. Any hints as to how to prevent auto-update for Tablo Preview until the new version has been fixed?

Glad to hear it. However, I generally try not to assume people have prerequisite knowledge/skills and who knows how many other people want to know the same answer and what the extent of their relevant knowledge might be. Even among OTA DVR owners, there is quite a range.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about auto-update getting in the way here. I donā€™t have an AndroidTV device myself, but it seems you can disable auto-update for specific apps, or all apps, via the Google Play Store.

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks Joltarin and others for the tip/reminder to turn off auto updates. I did not think it would be needed to turn off auto-update in Play Store since I didnā€™t download V1.7 from there but the the turn-off did work for the Android TV devices. So far it has not updated on Fire devices after a 2nd reinstall of V1.7. Iā€™m still hoping that the Tablo group submits a fix so we donā€™t need to worry about the resume problem and Preview can be used without a mouse. Thanks again.

Hoping for a fix for this Tablo! Super annoying to have to keep going back to the start when watching a recording through my Firestick.

I donā€™t have a problem with the original app on my fire tv stick.

I reloaded the preview app, and am still have problems with the resume feature on a partially watched recording; it still starts from the beginning! I have a Sony tv that I bought last year.

What do I do now, any suggestions?

Until they fix it, install and use the OG Tablo app (that is NOT the Preview app).

OK, thanks for the suggestion! Iā€™ll give it a try. Apparently, thereā€™s no urgency to fix this anyway!

Itā€™s probably called the Preview app for a reason. And there is an alternative.

There is! Weā€™re hoping to get a fix into beta shortly.

Stay tuned.

Great!

New to Forum. Currently running Tablo Lite (2 tuner) with 1TG hard drive, Preview 1.7.2 with Fire TV (box, not the Stick). Now when a recording ends, the Tablo shuts down. This never happened before but I donā€™t know what previous software version(s) I was using or when it may have updated for that matter. It appears by reading other posts that this is a known software issue. However, I canā€™t be sure of this. Are other of you experiencing the same issue? If it is a known software issue, it would speak highly of Tablo if they acknowledged the issue ending needless wondering on our part what might be wrong now (ie. new signal issue, setting change, new recording conflict, etc) and, better yet, an approximate fix date. I dare say if this is indeed a software issue, someone better test the next release first!

Any idea when the problem with the resume feature will be resolved?

I donā€™t have a specific ETA but I know that the issue has been fixed by the dev team. The update will need to be cleared by QA & the beta team before itā€™s pushed live though.

Thanks for your patience!

1 Like