NEW - Tablo iOS App Update (v. 1.6.5)

Howdy Tablo family -

We’ve just pushed an update for iOS mobile apps which include two fixes that we know folks have been impatient to receive…

Tablo iOS App Update (v. 1.6.5)

• Fix for incompatibility with older devices running iOS 9
  • Fix for issue where Tablo Connect remote sessions would fail on mobile networks using IPV6

Big thanks to Tablo user George from Michigan who helped us with testing on the IPV6 issue with TMobile.
He rocks.

staycool

If you have any questions or concerns about the update, don’t hesitate to drop us a line or comment below.

3 Likes

I downloaded the update on my iPad mini 2 with IOS 9.3.5 and still doesn’t work. I removed the App and reinstalled it with the same result. When I try live TV nothing loads and all I see is the spinning circle in the middle. After I rebooted my device the App takes approximately 2 minutes to load anything everytime and when I try to play anything it goes back to a spinning circle in the middle. All other functions on my device work fine.

Same here on 10.3.3

I have a support ticket open for the iOS app not working remotely over Verizon and it was blamed on IPv6 but this update still doesn’t resolve connecting remotely with the app.

Works perfectly on T-Mobile! Thanks again!!

2 Likes

I’m glad you care about maintaining iOS 9 support (even though I don’t have any devices using it), but I’m disappointed there’s no mention of adding requested features.

Sorry! We’re pretty focused on leanback (aka TV) apps at the moment. We’re trying to push those towards full feature parity and getting quite close.

Once we’re there we’re going to shift focus back to mobile apps and do some improvements there.

1 Like

This is the best news ever! Thank you for finally making Tablo work with T-Mobile’s current video streaming method. I can now use Tablo outside of my home and/or McDonalds. =)