NEW - Tablo Firmware Release 2.2.28

No firmware update love yet for the Allegator, but should I hold off on installing when it comes my way? I use the Roku app a lot (no fancy features enabled) and would like to avoid a reset.

Did the upgrade this afternoon on a Dual Lite/TCL Roku tv. Zero problems…done in under 5 minutes. I do not use sound leveling or night listening either. Also audio output from the tv to the sound bar is PCM Stereo. Had too many problems using surround sound…(on the tv…not the Tablo)

My tablo updated to 2.2.28 and now I am unable to get the latest recordings menu, in addition now of the menu items for Prime Time, TV Shows, Movies Or Sports are accessible… they are dimmed out.
Tablo need to either reverse this update or fix as soon as possible. I have rebooted my tablo device and it did not fix the problem.

I went back through settings and just refreshed the subscription and everything is working now.

The issues with Surround Sound/Roku are not Tablo firmware related at all. We believe they are with the Roku firmware which is why a reset of THAT firmware seems to do the trick.

So just updated to 2.2.28 and now my 4 Tuner Tablo keeps disconnecting and trying to reconnect. I have a hard-wired unit with a static IP address. Did not have this problem before - can I roll back to 2.2.6?

And now when I reconnect (intermittently) it says I have no subscription even though I paid for a lifetime subscription. What’s going on?

Just updated to 2.2.28, took about 5 minutes - no issues.

Does the firmware update happen eventually even if I say “later”? I am away from home this week and was using remote connectv which was working great! I had gotten the update is available message for a few days. Yesterday when I went back to watch live tv after dinner, app was no longer able to connect… Could it have done the update? Do I need to reboot or reset the Remote access settings afterwards?
I will be home tonight so will see what happened but if the disruption is because of the update starting automatically I wish it had waited…!!

Same here. Got ours Monday. Have never had problems with updates over the past 5 years. One thing I do is check for an open window (several hours) of no scheduled recordings then give it some space and let it do its thing.

Well after several hours it looks like the Tablo stabilized. It has been running for 20 hours with no disconnects. And my subscription corrected itself! The only thing I had to do was reschedule some recordings. Strangest thing but it seems to be working and stable now. I did submit a ticket and my hats off to Tablo support for getting back to me - but it looks like the Tablo is working fine. :grin:

Updated to 2.2.28 OK, but it was a little scary getting there.
[1] Soft-reset Tablo QUAD before starting and waited for the LED to go stable.
[2] Connected to Tablo via Chrome browser on a Win10 PC next to the Tablo, on the same Ethernet switch.
[3] Clicked to start the update.
[4] Immediately got an error message with a [Done] button displayed.
[5] When I tried to reconnect, image of an older model Tablo was displayed and I was asked to go thru the setup from scratch. [sigh]
[6] I started the setup but channel scan would not work, so I clicked the refresh button on Chrome to reload the page.
[7] Lo! Immediately and automatically reconnected with the correct Tablo image and a message the update was in progress.
[8] After a minute or two, page displayed a “rebooting” message then a success message.
[9] Hooray! Scheduled recordings and existing recordings were intact! Correct channel lineup was displayed.

I then intentionally rescanned my channels. Much faster than with previous firmware, 2.2.26. I selected the channels I wanted to keep and added the lineup to the guide. The guide listings were then auto-updated, which took less than 5 minutes.

VERY GOOD NEWS: With 2.2.26 I had been receiving local [Baltimore area] channels almost flawlessly EXCEPT for WJZ-13, the local CBS affiliate. That displayed substantial pixelation, completely drop-outs/screen blanks, and sound problems. I did a lot of investigation and research on this problem - turns out I had lots of company - and got Tablo support involved. After remotely examining the signals, Tablo support concluded WJZ-13 had a lot of interference NOT present on the other channels, including WBAL-11, the only other VHF channel in my area. While not explicitly stated by Tablo support, my conclusion after considering all of the evidence - especially that WJZ-13 works fine on antenna-connected TVs - was the picture problems were related to the Tablo transcoding process.

My plan was to wait until May 1, 2020 when the FCC repack will move WJZ-13 from RF13 to RF11 and hope that would fix the interference. Well, just for grins, I included WJZ-13 in my updated lineup. Woo Hoo - it now works! I don’t know whether something has improved at the transmission end, whether the source of interference has gone away, or whether the 2.2.28 firmware has made the transcoding process more “resilient” when dealing with “dirty” signals. I suspect the latter and, if that’s the actual reason, my SINCERE THANKS to Tablo engineering for fixing this issue!

2 Likes

I just want to say that my Tablo is still on version 2.2.26 and when I check for updates, it keeps saying that the firmware is up to date and at the latest version. :confused:
Maybe it’s not my turn, yet?

We just handed out a bunch more golden tickets so maybe you’ll be in luck.

nope - last time I waited several months from 2.2.24 > 2.2.26 …unless the update changed that :laughing: No, I’m sure it would warn you it was going to happen… so NO, you, or someone you know must initiate the update

I got home, the tablo somehow had powered down. I powered it up, then it asked me to update to 2.2.28 so this time I said yes. It looks like that succeeded. I am hoping everything will work - remote access says it’s ready. I will find out in a few days!

Oh, there it is! :slight_smile:

New firmware was installed a few minutes ago.
I now get the message A connection to your Tablo cannot be established. Check your Internet connection.

What do i do to get it working again?

1 Like

Same here!! :frowning:

I just checked the connected clients list on my router and the Tablo isn’t connected. If you are using WiFi, you might need to set that up again.