NEW - Tablo Firmware Release 2.2.26

Did pause, rewind, or forward before the commercial skip that didn’t work?

Was it one at the beginning, middle, or end?

I got the 2.2.26 update. Since then, my tablo2go downloads have been HUGE !
I have it set to 480 SD, and it looks like it is realy recording in 16K HHHHHD.
Is it just me ?

@Splawn Thanks for the warning! Perhaps you’d like to also ask about it in the Tablo Ripper thread.

It was hands-off operation, somewhere in the middle of the show, until I saw that auto skip wasn’t happening, then I FF through the commercials for that segment. The dashed yellow line was a good guide as to where the commercial block for that segment ended.

Thanks for the heads up! I us capto, has similar results as tablo2to. I’ve been avoiding upgrading, things work fine for me and have no use for commercial skip. I asked about ‘bug fixes & performance improvements’ and got a vague reference to HLS streaming near the beginning of the topic.

Weather or not the upgrade had impacted downloading from tablo isn’t confirmed, it has been a concern for me.

Tablo bent over backwards.

With Tablo you get 30-days of free subscription. If you can’t make it work to your satisfaction in 30 days I don’t think another 2 months is going to help. Of course if you review the FCC information and find that at least one of the channels you really want is at 95% of the outer range of the contour map, you might have a problem. Contour maps are extremely optimistic.

OK, now I have to find a way to get back to 2.2.24. I had a 2 hour 480 SD show that took 38GB to download ( yeah, 38GB, not 38MB ) !!!

Have you tried just turning commercial skip off? Do you still get larger files if the program hasn’t been processed for commercial skip?

I never turned commercial skip on, and I don’t see any way to turn it off :frowning:

Go to the settings screen on either a Roku, Fire TV, Android TV or Apple TV and you will see an option for turning commercial skip on or off. It should have defaulted to off when you installed 2.2.26, but stuff happens and it may be turned on.

3rdRockOKC - Thanks, but when I went to ROKU, it said it was off and asked me if I wanted to turn it on. The web-ap my.tablotv.com doesn’t have any help for that.

When will this rollout be complete? I am still waiting for the update.

2 Likes
1 Like

Yes, when will the roll out be complete? I am still waiting too.

2 Likes

That ridiculous! Have you been able to confirm weather it’s the firmware alone or tied to commercial skip feature? this could be crucial for many

I download almost all my recordings, mostly with capto or directly with ffmpeg. I had passed on the upgrade since I was unsure what ‘behind the scenes’ changes may have taken place that may impact offloading shows.

You can’t view or change Commercial-Skip from the web-ap. I did look at it on the ROKU, and it said it was off.
ROKU also allows it to be turned on, but I didn’t do that.

I regularly use tablo2go, but have tried SurLaTablo. I haven’t tried SurLaTablo yet on the 2.2.26 update, but will try to get to that tonight.

It gives me something to think about, since I don’t have the updated firmware yet (and back to a previous question, I did volunteer for the beta program and even posted a message that I would like to participate, but was never contacted). Not complaining, just relaying. :slight_smile:

Will continue to be patient until I get my update.

1 Like

I keep pressing check for update almost everyday finally got it today.:sunglasses:

1 Like

I wonder if you could give us the recording size of a show recorded before commercial skip and one recorded after commercial skip. The size of the download when using ota2GO.

1 Like

That’s good information. I wonder if poor signal or interference during recording just before the commercial break could have caused some dropped frames that bumped you just past the start of the commercial skip. Did you notice any signs of a poor signal during that recording? Was there any weather that may have hurt signal strength? Fog, rain, heavy winds… Could you or did you attempt to make that incident repeat?