NEW Firmware Release (2.2.2) - It's here!

How do you force stop the Tablo app?

I am using an Nvidia Shield TV and going into settings > apps allows you to force stop any app.

I think this may be an issue with the Fire TV Tablo app - the current beta of which is quite laggy in a number of actions. Roku 3 deletes much faster than that with 2.2.2 Tablo firmware.

@DRB417 - what device are you deleting from? As noted above, Fire TV seems to have some bugginess in the speed department currently. I just deleted 2TB of recordings from the Chrome web interface - one series at a time - and it ran smoothly throughout the whole process. Deleting a single show from Roku takes just a couple of seconds in my experience. It really seems like there is an issue with your Tablo given what youā€™re seeing (with the exception of Fire TV - which I think is just running slowly for some reason related to its app).

EDIT: Found your original post saying you tried Roku 3 then switched to Fire TV. I can only tell you I find Fire TV to lag in the speed department compared to Roku 3 (for reasons I canā€™t understand given the much stronger hardware set in Fire TV). Sounds like @TabloSupport and @TabloTV need to step up and get you a replacement Tablo unit - because what youā€™re seeing isnā€™t what it should be doing. Have you tried going back to a Roku 3 and compare it to Fire TV with latest firmware and apps on everything? Just wondering if you would see a big difference or not, because again, Fire TV is not running at an optimized speed.

I just tried delete from the iPhone ā€œappā€. It took nine seconds (full disclosure, the test was from a remote location via LTE).

It would be interesting to get actual times from others. My theory is that the times @DRB417 is reporting are typical and weā€™ve just learned to live with them (or give up on Tablo).

I just deleted an episode from the Tablo app on the iPhone 6 using Tablo Connect (aka remotely), and it took 3 seconds (3 Mississippiā€™s).

I can tell you they are not typical for meā€¦
But it would be a great poll to take to find out what the average is. The thing to bear in mind is there are multiple devices to delete from, each will likely be different. I just re-tested deleting a show from the Roku interface, and it was nearly instantaneous - one second or less. Deleting from the Chrome web interface seems slower to me- 3 seconds or so. But if people are going to report how long it takes, they need to say on what device and how many recordings being deleted (one or all (and how many all are).

New app seems great, ā€œbutā€ā€¦ Maybe I donā€™t understand the architecture. Is 2.2.2 reflected in how it plays via Roku? If so, I have a big problem with the new rev: over 60% of time now spent looking at ā€œLoading, please wait.ā€ So I get that for about a minute, then 20 or 30 seconds of the recording, then another minute of ā€œLoading.ā€

Tablo on wired LAN, Roku via wifi; this is not a new arrangement. And I get everything perfectly off the Plex server, which has to come through two switches that Tablo does not, to the same Roku unit.

Is there a way to go back to the previous rev?

As I said, my test was remote for the iPhone app.

I just tried again at home:

iPhone 6, one episode (but using delete all), 3 seconds
iPhone 6 , six episodes, 2 seconds

So it seems the big delays are for Fire TV (which is taking about 15 secondsā€”at home).

@DRB417 Would you try deleting again from a browser and report the times?

Android phone app, Tablo Connect, 3 seconds.

Just got the update notification a little while ago, and the download/install/reboot process took just a few minutes. Obviously, I havenā€™t had time to do anything extensive but just wanted to give my initial impressions. Everything seems to be working normally so far, but one thing I noticed is an improvement to the channels I get in standard definition. Sometimes the aspect ratio would be off, with shows appearing ā€œskinnierā€ than normal, but quickly checking around the dial, the aspect ration on the standard def channels appears to be correct now. Watching some live TV and no buffering so farā€¦ so far, so good!

Seeing an odd behavior on the preview channel for Roku. Just took the update to 2.2.2 yesterday evening, viewing on a Roku 3, tablo quad tuner, everything is hard wired. When viewing any live TV channel and pressing the back button on the Roku remote, the preview channel crashes and I am put back to the Roku home screen. This does not happen every time, but Iā€™ve seen it too many times to be a coincidence.

Never had an issue like this on previous firmware. I must say though that there are nice improvements when watching fast action TV. So big kudos on that fix.

Just wondering if you can now use two hard drive 2tb on one USB ports and another 2tb on the other USB port? Or do you just have to buy a bigger drive?

Still only supports one hard drive so far as I know.

Still only one drive. Hopefully the next beta cycle for 2 drives, but that is up to @TabloTV

Hey @DRB417 I played some more with FireTV/Tablo. Hitting record on an upcoming NFL game took 52 seconds!

So I uninstalled the app. FireTV shows it still in the cloud. I then chose removed it from the cloud (after OKā€™ing through the warnings). After that, I reinstalled. The first time sync is no fun, but now hitting record on an NFL game took five seconds. Deleting 3 shows (with delete all) took 3 seconds. Itā€™s less than ideal that I needed to do that, but itā€™s much better (at least for now). Perhaps youā€™ll want to give it a try.

Similar issue here when I tried to install the ā€˜regularā€™ Tablo channel on the R3 after getting 222. It would act like it was installing then boot me back to the Roku home screen. It finally installed after rebooting the R3 and Tablo. I wouldnā€™t have even been trying to get that channel but I thought that the new update would somehow improve upon itā€™s fuctionallity. It didnā€™t and was quickly uninstalled.

Also to add to the delete time list, 12 seconds to delete one show or multiple shows. No difference with the update.

1 Like

I just got notified of the update this morning! But Iā€™m now hesitant to update since seeing the ā€œLoading please waitā€ issues that people are having with the Roku which is my main front end. How many others are using the latest firmware with Roku 3 and having no problems? Thanks!

I am using Roku3 and I am not seeing the ā€œLoading please waitā€ issue.

I think the issue people are having here is with the 1080p recording quality when recording 720p 60 fps content. The new firmware records to a 1080p 60 fps format. The Roku is having issues with the 60 fps playback.

What recording quality are you using @philsoft?

I am recording at 720P the Roku/Chromecast setting.