NEW Firmware Release (2.2.2) - It's here!

Mine takes anywhere between 12 and 15 seconds after selecting delete, mark watched, mark unwatched etc, always has since I purchased it in January, so i just assumed this is how it was.

Out of curiosity, what quality level are you recording at? I donā€™t think it should matter but I am just wondering.

Is your Tablo in a well ventilated area?

Have you tried turning it vertically? Or actively cooling it?

Some people have reported performance improvements with properly cooling their Tablo.

I would put a ticket in with Tablo support or do as theuser86 suggested and buy a new one and see what happens.

I just tried marking a 3 hour movie watched and then unwatched, and each operation took 3 seconds using my Android phone on Tablo Connect.

Itā€™s not instantaneous, but in the past year+ I donā€™t remember ever having to wait 12-15 seconds.

I went the TiVo route first and hated it. The disconnects were ridiculous. It was not a good experience but ymmv

Originally 1080P, I never had any issues with video playback just selecting things in the menu is where it always hangs, since the reset two weeks ago I have been at 720P, no difference.

OK, but I have been waiting all week for the update to fix my problems - does this mean I wonā€™t get it until next Tues due to the 3 day holiday weekend, or will you be updating over the weekend

The update just came through for me :wink:

Now you said you had emailed and they looked at your logs. Did you have an actual ticket open with them?

So to confirm, you did a factory reset by holding the blue button on the back for more than 30 seconds, then connected a new HDD after that?

Have you tried rebooting the Tablo? Someone mentioned they did and got the update.

Roku: V 6.2 Build 3672
Tablo Channel 2.0 Build 12
Tablo S/W 2.2.3

Fire TV: 51.1.6.3_user_516012020
Tablo 2.2.3
HTML: 1.0.22-557/3000243

And please read through this thread - there are at least 3 others seeing the same issue with Roku 3 frequent ā€œLoadingā€ message when playing 720p/60 sports. And there hasnā€™t been much discussion on the Fire TV Box playback for 720p, but it is a problem too.
Itā€™s very real and very repeatable.

I was one having an issue with the loading screen last night. Iā€™ve repeated the same process I did last night. Watching the same station I was last night and also recording it. Turned to another station to get another tuner active and then switched back. Iā€™m seeing no ā€œLoading, Please Waitā€ screen tonight. The only difference is last night was an NFL game and tonight is Master Chef.

Does that help maybe narrow down the problem?

Guess Iā€™m in the 20% out of the batchā€¦ despite being physically minutes away from Tablo HQ :laughing:

Iā€™m dreading the ā€œLoading, please waitā€ issue already (it did happen a few times already with live TV and the current 2.1.30 firmware), but the Roku 3 in general is just frustratingly unreliable, especially with Netflix (the PS4 is rock solid and a much smoother experience). Maybe Tablo and Roku 4 will play nicer togetherā€¦ But that is a topic for another discussion.

@DRB417 I owe you an apology. I believe I was one of the guys who replied that your timings were way out of line. I just tried marking a show as watched and then deleting it. The times were ~15 seconds EACH on Fire TV box w/ latest app and 2.2 (latest) Tablo software.

Perhaps it always took this long as I donā€™t think it slowed down as a result of 2.2. (I donā€™t use my two Tablos much.)

Attempting to access Tablo via a Roku 3/Chrome Browser/Amazon Fire TV with the new Firmware 2.2.2 update but it just stays hung up. It seems it will connect but it doesnā€™t. I thought my channel guide needed to be updated but any attempts to select channels fail and I wind up back in the same state I was in before. Iā€™m afraid of doing anything else other than that do due making the situation worse. Anyone with similar issues? Any thoughts on this?

Quick small question: Remote Access now seems to not require port forwarding. May I take those off my router?

I am having the same issue on an Nvidia Shield TV. It just says ā€œConnectingā€ but it never does.

I decided to try updating the guide, force stopping the Tablo app followed by rebooting the Shield TV and it is working so far. I always tell myself to wait on updates till the bugs are worked out but then I never do. Lol

Ok thanks for the update, maybe I am working within normal limits than, I did get the update last night we will see how this goes.