NEW Firmware Release - 2.2.14

If the new 4 TB HDD was working fine with the .13 beta firmware, then why was it unplugged from the Tablo during the upgrade to the .14 firmware?

I hope Tablo can resolve your issue, maybe they can roll you back to the .13 beta - but the upgrade process usually involves post-upgrade database processes, which I can only assume should have the HDD connected to it while it is doing this.

Im not sure if it was before or after the update (but it was on 2.13 beta) but I had ā€œduplicatesā€ of some of my channels appear that were plagued with bad signal issues. When I figured out what happened I re scanned my channels and re did my list which removed the bogus entrees.

Koltasi, system and configuration files are written to the hard drive, so updating without the drive causes you to have a 2.14 system with a hard drive designed to be played with a firmware of 2.12.

My update was smooth, completing in just a few minutes. And it has continued to be rock solid since the update. No issues.

:+1::hugs:

i was in the middle of watching a show and the prompt came up and automatically started downloading, now i was watching thru pc not sure it matters but i know for sure i did not do anything it just did its own thing , thankfully i was able to play dumb with the fam and i survived :sweat_smile:

It may prompt you automatically, but there is still a Later and Update buttons. You can hit Later, and update at your own selected time.

i was recording a show at 10 pm on NBC. I turned on the news a few after 11 on NBC.

Obviously I have extend recordings on. When the 10 pm show was finished recording, I got bounced out of the news back to the guide.

This is on a wired Ethernet, atv4.

This issue was reported in a previous thread, wanted to bring it up here just in case anyone else is still seeing this behavior.

I know it bounced me because the tuner was ā€œfreedā€ from recording. Not deal breaker for me, just caught me off guard.

I donā€™t know if this is a bug per se, or intended action of a recording being completed on the same channel youā€™re watching Live.

Ran the update, reboot, no problems at all.

2 Likes

Zillandiaā€¦I too am having the issue you describe ( Note: I was gone the first two weeks in Aprilā€¦it worked fine in March but hasnā€™t worked since). I just got a Samsung Galaxy S8 and the same problem occurs when I use it as well. The only difference in my case is, Tablo no longer casts to my ChromeCast Ultra from any of my devices (all Android). I have found, however, if I go into Google Home and turn casting on for any of my Android devices, I can then use that device to start Tablo and I my Android device will cast just fine. In short, in the last month or so casting natively from the Tablo app fails in the manner you described 100% of the time.

I hope this helps!
Tim

Hi Tim,
Details of our specific diagnostic can be found here:
https://community.tablotv.com/t/tablo-support-may-1/11622

I have done what you have done by casting directly using the Chromacast Home appā€¦
However, in my case it sputters a bit and is annoying.

The Tablo gang has run a diagnostic review of my network and said it looks jammed up.
I am running a Magic Jack Phone (not being used often) and an internet radio on 24/7
I inadvertently left the magic jack off the diagram. However, thatā€™s all there is using bandwidth on my network yet they say it looks jammed up.
Itā€™s fed with 10mbps up and down. Thatā€™s always been plenty.

Oddly, nothing else shows signs of slowing up.
Also, Tablo worked fine before the Firmware upgradeā€¦

For better or worse, I am now getting paranoid as to the actual state of my network.
I imagine my next move is to upgrade my buffalo WIFI router simply because I canā€™t imagine CISCO switches being at fault.

It wouldnā€™t hurt if I had some good and user friendly network diagnostic software.
However the software I have found seems to be for hard core rocket scientists only !

Glad to hear Iā€™m not alone in this.
The question now is: what is our common thread and why isnā€™t everyone else screaming ???

Zillandia
Bob

When I click on the link you supplied, it says I donā€™t have access to the topic. Weirdā€¦

If this firmware upgrade is supposed to be rolled out to all units then it skipped mine, never received any prompt to upgrade at all. Should have a button that can query for upgrades instead of having to wait for it to come to you. Not a great user interface.

Which platform are you using? The Roku has a button to check for upgrades. In the past, when I wasnā€™t prompted for the update, resetting the Tablo did it for me.

I was referring to a button on the Tablo Apple TV App instead of a phone or tablet button. I eventually got it to work, had to prod my iPhone to pick it up.

Hi Cannons900,

If you are referring to the link I provided, I canā€™t imagine why the system would deny you access.

Any users diagnostic trail should be view-able to everyone.
I just wish the search engine revealed all the possible references available.
Sadly, this is not the case.

If you want access to my link, perhaps you might post Tablo on ā€œcontact usā€ and ask why not ?

Just updated to 2.2.14 and while scrolling through my recorded Movies I noticed the cover art for each show has to reload each time I scroll past that row. This is using a wired Roku 3 4200x.

@TabloSupport why does it behave like this? Noticing itā€™s like this for all sections. Very annoying to have to wait for each row to reload and I certainly donā€™t remember it behaving like this prior to the update.

OK, this update has totally messed up my Tablo. Like others reported here I am flooded now with weak signal errors. I am missing many recordings due to this and some recording are chock full of freezes and pixilation that the program is mostly unwatchable.

I was previously on the beta release 2.2.13 and did not have any of these issues. Is there any way I can roll back at least one previous release so that my Tablo is at least usable again?

Thanks, Scott

I have also just now submitted a ticket via email.

TabloSupport,

I have opened a ticket via email to respectfully request my Tablo please be reverted back from 2.2.14 to a previous version.

I have also put my Tablo in heartbeat mode this morning.

After the upgrade to version 2.2.14 I am having continuous problems with weak signals. These are so bad I have missed several recordings and while watching live TV the screen can frequently freeze/pause and other times floods me with pixelation. IT is absolutely horrible and has made my otherwise reliable Tablo become mostly useless. Very frustrating to lose all of scheduled recordings this past week.

I had 2.2.13 beta prior and while I did occasionally see some freezes/pauses, or an occasional pixelation, it was nothing compared to what 2.2.14 has caused. And with 2.2.13 beta I didnā€™t lose a single recording do to too weak or lost signal.

Once again, my Tablo is in heartbeat mode now in case someone wants to connect to it and check anything out.

Thanks,
Scott

Have you tried a rescan of your channels? Also the latest 2.2.13 version was essentially the same version as 2.2.14, weird itā€™s acting up now and not before.

You tried to connect directly to your TV to make sure thereā€™s nothing wrong with your antenna?