NEW Firmware Release - 2.2.14

It’s too bad your ticket fell through the cracks, even though you did open one it seems you will need to contact them again to keep it moving. Seems to me you are spinning your wheels and this needs to be acted upon by @TabloSupport

You can go back to last firmware without a factory reset (but it can only go back and forth between the newly installed and last installed firmware):

@MikeInOregon - You should have a note from us now. I’m sure we can get things fixed up for you.

We’re rolling out firmware to more folks today so keep an eyeball out for a notification on your Tablo!

is there any way to request the firmware sooner ? i’m sure not and i just have to wait but we are in a 14 day return window and a couple days in and having issues already so would really like to test the new firmware first to see if it helps before pulling the plug on this experiment

I updated. All worked fine for me.

I get a PlayerError message about a weak signal on every single channel now that I’ve updated to 2.2.14… My four tuner Tablo has been broken by this update.

The iOS app just says weak signal. When I go to the channel lineup it shows most of my channels with five green circles.

Attempted rebooting from the blue button. Tried restarting by disconnecting power.

No hardware changes. Nothing seems to get my channels back… Ran that update yesterday evening though…

I don’t usually use Tablo on my Roku Premiere, but I noticed there is a option in the Settings to check for firmware updates. I’ve never seen that option in any other device or Tablo app, so if you have a Roku, you can try looking for that.

That being said, I clicked that last night and it said it didn’t find any updates, so I’m still on 2.2.12.

I’ve checked for new updates using that feature on my Roku 4 as well, and it hasn’t found an update. I suspect that updates are passed out via the Tablo’s MAC address, so we’ll have to wait our turn. I’m not in a rush, as the Tablo is working reasonably well for me, and I have workarounds I’m using for the few issues I have with it.

@tclark333 We can definitely take a look; please send us a ticket or give us a call (1-844-TABLOTV (822-5688) if you haven’t already.

Got the upgrade tonight. Holding off for now…waiting to see how this all plays out.

Then again, I may just do it tomorrow…

you know i really appreciate updates but i wish we had a choice to tell tablo when to download and update firmware so it does not interrupt TV shows already in progress of recording, case in point just now it downloaded and self rebooted in the middle of prime time 7PM … 3 shows i had set to record nope it did not care still stopped it , A feature should be implemented that downloads only trigger between certain time frames like say 3 AM when im sleeping instead of 7PM when I am using the tv… sorry if this sounds too mean but I am slightly upset that now i gotta come up with an excuse to the family as to why things did not record today

It’s not supposed to automatically install updates.
It’s supposed to prompt you, with the default being perform the update later.
Perhaps someone saw the update prompt, and clicked the wrong button?

1 Like

If you accidentally update during a recording it will only split the recording into 2 pieces and you will only miss the 3 or 4 mins required for the update. If you lost recordings it is due to another reason.

2.2.14 is being made available to all Tablo units shortly, so if you’ve been antsy you should see the notice to update later today.

I still have 2.2.13 and was wondering about that.

I just did the update… used Roku to check for the update (Hadn’t yet appeared in my Chrome browser) and it looks like it went off without a hitch. Also, I took the opportunity to delete one unused channel, and when I did, it performed a guide update, which was the fastest I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Upgrade completed earlier today…so far so good. Working as expected.

Just to clarify, did you upgrade your Tablo to the .14 firmware without the HDD you normally use for recordings plugged in? And thus had some other drive (a USB flash drive) plugged in instead?

If yes, why?

So you upgrade the HDD on your 4 tuner Tablo, which worked fine with .13 beta - but why did you still have the HDD unplugged from the Tablo when it did the upgrade?

Did the new 4 TB drive ever work properly with the Quad tuner when it was running the .13 beta?

I’m just a bit confused as to whether it is the update that no longer recognizes the drive, or if it was the clone process (which is not an officially supported action).