NEW Firmware Release - 2.2.14

I am a beta user and have not received the notification to upgrade to 2.14

Donā€™t feel lonely, Same Here!:weary:

same here sent a email to support nada no joy

Me either. I have an LG tv with Web OS 2.0 that I am wanting to test. My second 2-Tuner Tablo is still running .12 and hasnā€™t been prompted either.

My two tablo 4 tuner are showing 2.2.12. Is there anyway to have the 2.2.14 update pushed to the two tablo on my account?

Yup live TV sucks. Iā€™m splitting with my cheapy Homeworx DVR when watching live which is very seldom. Pause, rewind, and instantaneous channel switching.

Ohh wasnā€™t aware of those cheapy DVR boxes. I will need to keep that in mind as an alternative or fall back if the tablo doesnā€™t work out in the future. Looks like aside from the lack of naming recordings and extended guides, it would give a tivo a run for its money.

Iā€™ve had one of those Homeworx DVRā€™s for several years. Itā€™s a really quirky beast but itā€™s been really reliable. The manual is hopeless and I had to visit their forum to figure out a lot of stuff. When I bought the Tablo I stashed it away, but I get it out now and then. It makes a great additional tuner, and one really nice thing about it is that it has a built in tuner strength meterā€“in fact when I bought my attic antenna for the Tablo I used the Homeworx to dial in the antenna direction.

Yeah, you canā€™t name recordings and the only guide info comes from the broadcaster, which isnā€™t always reliable. But for the money it has a place.

1 Like

Same here. Beta user since getting my unit. Have always gotten updates very quickly but still no joy on 2.2.14. Me thinks something is upā€¦ Seems very odd that all the other updates in the past rolled out rather quickly but this one is creeping out so slowly, like its sneaking up on ya or something.

yeah funny thing though i got the 2.2.13 right away before they pulled it back. i think they pulled the 2.2.14 nobody else seems to be getting it ???

That seems ā€˜rightā€™ to me. Iā€™m still waiting.

Still waiting here as well. At least now, having heard of no major issues, Iā€™ll feel confident upgrading as soon as it becomes available.

Too clunky to give TiVo or Tablo a run but serves as a good adjunct for Tablo to enable instantaneous live channel switching. Also opens up another channel for recording.

Only minutez ir hours? How can we tell if the Tabli is not working?

Time for a new keyboard?

Iā€™m still waiting for 2.2.14 as well. Thought they released it for all last week?

Big fingers little keyboard on phone. Didnā€™t see misspelled words or I would have edited.

I hear thereā€™s a guy in the White House with the same problem.

2 Likes

Still waiting too.

Yes, I did open a ticket, MotobikeMan. I did that before my first post here. I was even contacted by someone who said to put it into remote access mode and he would remote into it and take a look. As far as I know he never did and Iā€™ve not heard anything since.

I finally did get it to show live TV but it sure isnā€™t as good as it was before the upgrade. With and without a hard drive connected it keeps flashing the start/stop menu along the bottom and when a hard drive is attached, no matter how fast of a SSD drive it is, it still causes slow downs and copy live TV viewing. I do not run with a hard drive attached although it complains when I do where it didnā€™t before the upgrade. I donā€™t know why they donā€™t have an option to not have a hard drive attached if that is what the user wants. I have FIOS fiber TV in the rest of the house and I use the Tablo so I can watch any of the 40 some local channels available while Iā€™m in my family room office.

I messed with this way to much all weekend and all it was was an exercise in frustration because Iā€™d miss half of the shows I watched because of problems. I even did a rescan, checked my antenna to make sure it hadnā€™t moved (still rock solid on the roof) and the cable. Iā€™ve done everything except the factory reset suggestion so I guess Iā€™ll try that tonight.

Mike