NEW Firmware Release - 2.2.14

I’ve got it running. I had to unplug it for several minutes and get it back to the point where I had to go through the setup process again. I highly doubt that I will ever allow this thing to upgrade again.

Quick reminder form the release notes, just in case a few of you are getting antsy to use the Tablo while the firmware finishes installing:

NOTE: Post-upgrade database processes (if needed) may take several minutes to complete. During this time the LED will be blinking. Do not power down the Tablo until the LED is solid again.

1 Like

I never looked at mine for 24 hours after the upgrade, it was only the next day when I went to check it I saw it was still just blinking. I’ll try what Collarmobia said (unplug for several minutes), if that doesn’t work I’ll submit a ticket.

@TabloSupport… I have an extra working portable drive… Is it ok to unplug my Tablo drive and just plug in this extra drive for firmware update purpose only and when done I can just put back the Tablo’s drive? … My reason for this is to not disrupt my Tablo’s drive if any recording going on… Also, it can speed up the process of updating… is it a good idea? Thanks…

MotobikeMan

6h
 MikeInOregon


MikeInOregon:

I hate it when companies put out software that hasn’t been tested.

I’m on the beta team and I spent a month and a half and 4 separate revisions testing this software


MikeInOregon:

Unfortunately, I just did the upgrade to 22.14 and now my 2 channel Tablo no longer will show live shows. I hate it when companies put out software that hasn’t been tested.

My Tablo has been working for about the last 6 months without a hard drive. It never did recognize any external hard drive I tried although it would recognize a thumbdrive. The thumbdrive didn’t work very well though as it caused the live tv to stutter but since it worked just fine without a hard drive, I was ok with that.

Now it will give me an error message that it can’t play the tv. I don’t even know how to back out of the bad version and go back to the old version. If it isn’t fixed soon I guess I’ll have to update my review on Amazon.

Mike

[We do NOT currently support:

USB Flash storage – Flash is simply not fast enough
Networked (NAS) storage – There is too wide a variation in network speeds to support this](https://www.tablotv.com/blog/tablo-usb-hard-drive-specifications-suggestions/)

Hi MotorBikeMan, yes, I know what the documentation said that thumbdrives were not supported, but when I bought the Tablo that was the only storage device it would recognize and work with. It would not recognize any of the 4 external hard drives I tried, from an older one up to USB 3.0 SSD brand new that I bought when the other 3 did not work. So even though the thumbdrive is not supported, the Tablo sure recognized it and would write to it.

Mike

No need to remove the drive; it will stop any ongoing recordings and pick them back up once the upgrade is done,. If you really don’t want to disturb the drive, you can remove it for the upgrade; but no reason to attach an alternate one. But this really isn’t necessary; it shouldn’t slow down or speed up the firmware update.

@TabloSupport… Cool… Thank you!

@MikeInOregon

Did you open a support ticket with @TabloSupport?

Just got upgraded from 2.2.13 to 2.2.14 by support they used remote access, now I cannot watch any live TV every channel reports no signal. Just horrible.

Wait 30 min, then reboot your Tablo (by unpluggging it, wait 5 min, plug it back in)

@TabloSupport Has anyone tested 2.2.14 with the LG WebOS 2.0 app? Live TV didn’t play with this app when I went to 2.2.12 and had to have support revert me. Don’t want to repeat that same mistake. PM me if you have. Thx.

Tried leaving Tablo,unplugged for 30 minutes as suggested, tried several power cycles, tried rebooting with pressing the blue button nothing worked to restore my ability to watch live TV since the update to 2.2.14, I finally did a full factory reset as detailed here:

After going back through the setup process, I can watch live TV again now on 2.2.14, although I am now getting pixelizarion and signal breakup on every single channel, in the channel setup it shows every channel has 5 green dots. I just did a power down for 30 minutes again, but stilll no good, my Tablo is basically completely useless now it just won’t hold a signal on any channel, since the update to 2.2.14.

Chose to update later, and now its not available for me.
Wonderful.

Declined the .13 upgrade, still waiting on .14 to show up. Don’t know if I’ll go to it though…everything is working as it should for me.

Can confirm the LG Web OS playback issues are solved in the 2.2.14. build.

Installed the update yesterday. Working great with no issues.

On 2.2.12 I had no issues streaming recorded content with my Roku XD. Now that 2.2.14 was pushed to my Tablo, I get the LPW for about 10 seconds each time I start or skip around a recording, then a couple seconds later I get another shorter LPW before it finally plays smoothly afterward. I did not have this problem before. I’m recording on the recommended 5Mbps and I have a 100Mbps router with a full strength signal to the Roku.

@jbdub82… Have you tried this suggestion from TabloTV?

I didn’t because they specifically say the change was related to watching Live TV, not recordings.

2.2.14 playback of recording is jumpy and keeps freezing for 8 to 10 seconds every 20 to 60 seconds. This is an issue with playback on an LG Web OS 3.0 TV. It doesnt freeze when playback on tablet or phone…however the playback is very jumpy on the tablet and phone. I did not initiate the update, my Tablo automatically updated. I wish I had 2.2.10 back.