NEW Firmware Release - 2.2.12

I just installed 2.2.12 and all seems well. I do notice a big improvement with “enable fast startup” on live tv, it is only 6 seconds to swap channels now. Time will tell if it is stable - but so far good job Tablo!

1 Like

I don’t have a lot of time on 2.2.12 yet, but seems stable so far on Win 10 Chrome browser, Roku, Nexus Player and also on my Samsung Galaxy S6. I may try fast startup at some point, but it hasn’t been a priority for me.

I am in shock. I actually received the firmware update in just 3 days. Usually it takes almost 2 weeks. Awesome. :smile_cat:

1 Like

@TabloSupport I had updated to 2.2.12 earlier this week and things seem to have been going well until today when nothing recorded. Typically have 4-5 shows that record each day. Posting here so that others can check/watch their recording status but will also submit a ticket.

Got 2.2.12 today… bunch of recordings are completely messed up (same episode cut in 3-4 pieces due to crashes). Tablo has crashed multiple times and currently can’t even connect my bedroom ATV4 to it (it keeps saying A network error occurred), but somehow my living room ATV4 and iOS devices can.

Lovely. I’m asking for a downgrade ASAP. At least the previous versions “weak signal” crashes weren’t as frequent.

I had hoped to see new features too, but know that improving performance and reliability can involve quite a lot of man-hours.

Any one getting an ‘error: no hard drive’ when trying to tune into channels? My 4 tuner shows purple artifacts on random channels when connected to either of the recommended hard drives. So I disconnected them. Now I either can’t tune into anything or have to deal with randomly unwatchable images after updating the Tablo & my roku 3 & stick. I submitted a ticket but wonder if others are having similar experiences.

The wife is asking if the ‘experiment’ is over yet, which is uncomfortable…

I am having the same issue. I have 5, 6 and 8 recording segments of the three shows I recorded tonight. This occurred after I updated to the new firmware.

I guess I’ll hold on a little longer for this update.

I am not at all happy - I applied the firmware update, and after the auto reboot, the led came on solid immediately (not the normal flashing routine). I used the reset button (one quick click) and it didn’t respond to that. I powered down, and when I apply power, the blue LED comes on solid immediately. The factory reset process does not work either. I can only deduce that the firmware killed my Tablo! I’ve sent an email to support, we’ll see what they say.

@Mick this is an old old old thread regarding version 2.2.2 … the latest version is 2.2.12 … They should see this but I just wanted to point out you were replying to a thread over a year old since the last post and not related to what I presume is the actual version you were upgraded to 2.2.12 … At least I hope you just didnt upgrade to 2.2.2 only just now… I hope they get you fixed up quick… good luck.

yes - my bad - I created a new thread - sorry for the confusion!

Anybody else having issues with recordings? All of mine are an hour off and the web app is no longer auto populating the recordings. Nexus player still allows me to click and record but they are an hour off too. I don’t remember this being an issue with 2.2.8. Seemed to happen after I installed 2.2.12.

Sounds like a daylight savings time issue.

Could be. However, the time on the Tablo is correct. I have some screenshots that I put into a ticket with the support guys.

Try to scan for channels on a different device see if it fixes the issue

Hi!

New to Tablo. I received mine a week ago and I was loving it. I watched Sunday night football uninterrupted as well as other channels that night. This week I turned on my Tablo and was prompted to perform an update. Ever since I updated, I’ve been having problems. I’ve had the no hard drive error that someone mentioned above but the main issue is that every channel I put on will play for about 2 minutes and then crashes. I get the following message:

Playback Error: You’re tuner has been reassigned or your device has temporarily lost connection with your Tablo.

This is occurring on both my Sony Android TV as well as my Amazon Fire stick. I left a message for customer service and they have not returned my call yet. I don’t know what to do and I don’t have enough experience with the Tablo to know how it should be working. All I know is that prior to updating, it worked great that first night. Now it’s essentially a paper weight. I power cycled the Tablo and that didn’t fix it. I’m open to any suggestions…thanks!

1 Like

I will try this router thing but overwhelmed with issues.

Upgraded yesterday to 2.2.12 and way to much issues!

• apple tv4 recording reading issues
  • apple tv4 unable to connect to tablo (have to reset tablo with pwr cord - blue buton reset did not work)
  • blue ligth flashing slow this am

Would like to revert ASAP to my previous special sw made for guide data issue 2.2.11. This load was very specific to a rare guide issue I was experiencing.

Does this do anything for the new Fire TV stick? I still can’t get that to work for me. Is this something that’s being worked on?

Like others, I’ve been having poor quality live tv and recording video issues ever since the 2.2.11 release (around 9/30) despite having great signal strength on all local channels we record. Support pushed 2.2.12 to my Tablo yesterday, now NBC and ABC shows are un-watchable except via a direct antenna to TV connection, which remains perfect. These stations still have five green circles on the Tablo channel strength screen.

In trying the various resets and power cycles, I found one combo that fixed this issue temporarily: 1) connect to a live tv channel that has poor video quality via the Roku app, 2) cycle power on the Tablo for 10 seconds, 3) when the still ACTIVE Roku app reconnects to Tablo, the video on all previously affected channels becomes perfect UNTIL a show starts recording. The video on the channel being recorded then became scrambled, and the poor video quality remained after the recording was over.

This appears to be a software bug that only triggers for a channel during a first recording after a reboot, it’s not an antenna signal problem. In our area, FOX channel 50, which became scrambled on the Tablo once it started recording, shares a transmitter with NBC channel 5, which still has perfect video. Same for ABC, CW and CBS, great live tv video quality prior to any post-reboot recordings.