NEW Firmware Release - 2.2.12

No. That will happen when the Android client is redone, which is apparently being worked on but no date of completion has been set.

I could be wrong, but I thought the Tablo downloaded the guide from the internet, and connecting devices pulled the guide from the Tablo, otherwise, the guides could get out of sync. It could be that connecting devices are downloading the guide on a low priority basis, which would explain the sluggishness, as my LAN is really fast.

Will there be an update, where you as the user will be able to seamlessly surf channels, instead of backing out to the guide everything.

1 Like

We need a way to download shows for offline use

1 Like

While this is a very valid request, there are currently options to accomplish this task pretty painlessly (i.e. TabloRipper to Plex and other methods). They work very well as an automated solution in the interim.

2 Likes

Exactlyā€¦ there are at least 4 ways that I know of to pull shows off the Tablo for offline use. Tablo Ripper, Tablo Exporter, SurLaTablo and a plugin for VLAN. Itā€™s a great example of what the Tablo user community is capable of. My personal preference is Tablo Ripper, but all four have a pretty good following from what Iā€™ve seen. Not only that, the developers have been very responsive when it comes to bug fixes and feature requests.

2 Likes

Like this?

Also Tablo2Go, which is another Python script version.

Wasnā€™t familiar with that one, so at least 5.

Hopefully the android fix comes soon .

Good question. Did you ever get an answer for this? I am still on 2.2.8 as well due to issues with 2.2.10.

Yep!

Been a couple of days since the release, and havenā€™t heard of anything major in the way of problems, or even minor onesā€¦ how is it looking for everyone so far? I just saw the update notice when I went into the Tablo app on my Roku, and Iā€™m tempted to wait a little longer.

Iā€™ve been running the new version for a half hour. So far I havenā€™t encountered the pause and buffer for a few minutes on LIVE TV like I have been. I also noticed on my channel scan that half my locals are now 3 dot orange for the first time ever (I did one before and after the update) instead of the all greens as normal. But they all seem fine quality wise watching.

The signal strength - green to orange - may not be an anomaly. I never trusted those ā€œall green dotsā€ because some of my channels shown by the Tablo as all green in reality were less than that on ALL my other tuners (some of which were better than Tabloā€™s tuners).

BTW measuring signal strength and\or signal quality is a bit of a black art (not entirely a science). Each tuner manufacturer has their own algorithm and process through which to ā€œmeasureā€ these properties. And none ever exposes how they do it. Ask Samsung or LG how they arrive at 26 decibels for a channel measurementā€¦

Antenna manufacturers are the same when it comes to establishing their ā€œgainā€ figures.

My fox affiliate is now red. But seems fine to watch. Iā€™ve never had a local station be red before.

When I turned the channel I did still receive that UNKNOWN ERROR HAS OCCURRED with the retry that doesnā€™t nothing and you have to hit cancel

For what itā€™s worth, the beta for this release was the most stable one Iā€™ve been on.

1 Like

I went ahead with the update this morning. So far, no issues watching on Windows 10, Chrome browser. Have my fingers crossed for Roku later this morning.