NEW Firmware Release - 2.2.12

Can you try deleting and re-adding the app?

If you are experiencing issues after updating to 2.2.12, the majority of times following this list of troubleshooting tips should resolve the problem: http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/articles/208223573-Troubleshooting-your-Tablo

If your issue is still not resolved, it’s best to contact Tablo Support directly by placing a ticket:
http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I just upgraded to firmware 2.2.12. The upgrade appeared to go smoothly, but…
I was unable to watch LiveTV from my chrome browser on 2 different PC’s.
Check the roku and had the same problems. While on the roku, I tried to connect to NetFlix and could not get it to work either.
Since this appeared to be a network issue, I reset my network router. That did it!!
Don’t know how or why upgrading the Tablo firmware messed-up the router, but this solved my problem.
Hope this helps someone else solve and problems after upgrading the Tablo firmware.

I’m thinking about a full Reset after I do a 2.2.12 update in the next few days. However, I see a possible problem in the instructions for doing so :

1. Reboot and wait 1 Minute
  2. Yank out the USB drive ( won’t this possibly be in the midst of recording with the drive active ) ???
    …

That’s my thinking also.

How is the roll out progressing? I have it on one of my boxes, but not the other…

Anxious to get it to see if it corrects the lock up issues on the second one as it did for the first one.

Still waiting for the upgrade on my unit, too…

We’re rolling along but access is totally randomized so it may take a few more days.

I have submitted a ticket over two days ago and no response except for a generic ‘we will get back to you’ email. I think my ticket number is: support+id23697@tablotv.zendesk.com

I have not been able to record for two days. I have to manually setup a recording session and I have duplicate entries all in my guide. I am about to go out of town for a week and would like get this resolved today.

@arejay I can’t see anything in our queue from you; did you use this form? Or did you by chance file your ticket through chat? Please feel free to PM me a copy of your request and I can take a look at your Tablo right away.

I did use that form and received an email confirmation, but no follow-up emails. I did respond to the email with additional screenshots and feedback requesting status updates. Unfortunately, I could not wait any longer and I did a factory restore ,as I was missing recordings everyday, and I am going out of town today. I hope this does not happen the next firmware upgrade. Everything seems to be working now, but my HD still shows over half full. I hope that it will resolve itself during a nightly maintenance tasks.

@arejay [quote=“arejay, post:71, topic:9459”]
I hope that it will resolve itself during a nightly maintenance tasks.
[/quote]

This should be the case. If you have any other issues, PM me directly and we’ll take care of this right away. Our apologies for the confusion; we’re investigating this missing ticket now.

Still waiting for upgrade too…

My Tablo is updating now(2.2.12) I hope you and crew did a great job.

Today is my second try at updating the firmware over the past couple of days. Same problem both times.

I get the alert on screen to perform the upgrade. I upgrade it. Then, the Tablo is no longer seen on my Android TV, Android Tablet, Roku, etc. Yesterday, I eventually power cycled the Tablo. And, when it finally came back online, it was the previous firmware. It took about an hour to come back online.

Then, today I did the upgrade again when I received the alert. I left it alone for a couple of hours. And, then when I came back to it check it, I could not connect to it any longer on any of my devices. I power cycled the Router and Tablo (again) after this second upgrade attempt.

Finally, it appears to be working. We’ll see how stable it remains.

After the upgrade I recorded a show,played music watch live tv and watched recording show all seem to work well

Played music?

On my Amazon Fire tv, just checking out everything

I can understand that! Just last week a neighbor asked me to take a look at his cell phone. His music had stopped playing. We discovered that an app that was recently installed set on a system setting that prevented the music app from loading any files. It wasn’t a virus, just a sloppy way this new app had reset some system wide attributes that affected other apps accessing the file system.

1 Like

Interesting.