NEW Firmware Release - 2.1.24 (old thread)

@MrBitterMN I have the same issue; after the update it no longer detects my hard drive. I can hear it spin up when the Tablo comes online but it never detects it. Was working fine before.

@ShadowsPapa, just a fyi…

In Chrome do you see the line in the box I have? That shows the progress of the show and will restart were I left off

I had no problem installing the Tablo firmware update using my Android app yesterday night.  I watched a recording show this afternoon using my Roku 3 and enjoyed seeing the thumbnails to better estimate skipping over the commercials.  Look forward to seeing the updates to the Roku Tablo app when they are deployed this quarter.  It seems this firmware release has also helped with the delay in the starting of the recorded program after doing a ff or rw function.

I challenge anyone that had a positive install of the upgrade to let others know what they think.

Maybe for some people with issues perhaps power cycling “all” your network gear might help … eg. cablemodem/DSL, wireless router, network hubs, ethernet-over-power devices… etc… nothing can clear weird random bugs like a good clean end-to-end reset.

@ShadowsPapa, when you play back a recording on your PC or phone, do you see the whole time of the show listed at the bottom? 

For instance, on a 30 minute show, I will see the 00:00 / 35:00, and the left hand number will be where you are in the show.

If I am using Tablo Connect, I usually see something like 4:10 / 5:50, and it advances both numbers.

Yup - I see the starting point, the place where I am, and the end which is nearly always 5 minutes and some seconds more than 30 or 60 minutes. 
It doesn’t matter if I use a phone with the web app (which is all there is) or my notebook.

I only use Chrome with Chromecast since that’s all that works with Chromecast that I’m aware of. I don’t use IE or others with Tablo or Chromecast. 

What I have to do it note where I left off time-wise, then drag the slider over to that time if I resume watching it the next day. That works - unless I forget the time I stopped it at!

Ok, then my theory that you are accidentally on Tablo Connect is wrong.  

I have no idea why you can’t get pause-resume to work.

@snowcat
@ShadowsPapa

Even with Tablo Connect you get the full time of the episode if the remote streaming quality is set to Full Quality. So that doesn’t rule it out.

But like I said in another thread:
It’s easy to check this, go under the settings page and see what the server IP that is reported. If it’s an external IP then you’re on Tablo Connect.

Thanks Tablo!

The update went smoothly.  I tried watching a few shows on my Roku stick and it worked great.  It also seems to have decreased the FF recovery time on my Roku stick which has always been significantly slower than my Roku 3.

This is a great feature and greatly enhances my ability to rapidly skip over commercials.

I am looking forward to the new Roku Tablo app.

Keep up the good work.

One of my biggest requests delivered.  Hot damn.

The newly (today) released firmware 2.1.25 has resolved my problems. Hard drive is back. Though, I missed recording a couple of shows last night I am good to go.

Waiting to see the thumbnail functionality this evening.  :)

What are the changes between versions 2.1.25 & 2.1.24? I’m on 2.1.24 and it works beautifully. Almost hate to update unless it is necessary.

Phil
Ok, then my theory that you are accidentally on Tablo Connect is wrong.  

I have no idea why you can't get pause-resume to work.

I haven’t even set that up, I work locally only, on the PC through my.tablotv.com/ thus if the Internet hiccups, like it does about every half hour or so, I lose Tablo contact.

@snowcat @ShadowsPapa

Even with Tablo Connect you get the full time of the episode if the remote streaming quality is set to Full Quality. So that doesn’t rule it out.

But like I said in another thread:
It’s easy to check this, go under the settings page and see what the server IP that is reported. If it’s an external IP then you’re on Tablo Connect.

i’ve never set up “connect” and can’t even access it outside of my network - on my own 192.168.0.100 address, set as reserved in my router. If the web is down, since it goes trough the Tablo servers to get back here, I do lose Tablo connection, but it’s still not connect as I’ve never checkmarked that, don’t have my firewall or router open, have zero ports forwarded, etc.

The IP address is the same as it was when I first installed it…
What are the changes between versions 2.1.25 & 2.1.24? I'm on 2.1.24 and it works beautifully. Almost hate to update unless it is necessary.

Phil

Amen - I wish they’d put out release notes!

@ShadowsPapa

Can you check the Server IP under Settings for the devices that do not save where you left over?

Everything is internal, I don’t have connect, my router won’t allow it. 

I have 3 devices - the two Moto X phones, both running the web app, of course, since nothing else works on phones, and the notebook, also using the web app because there is no other way for a PC.
I go through Chrome on the notebook. I launch the web app on the phone directly. I’ve never set up connect, and always use them exactly the same ways, always have. I have to go through my.tablotv.com of course since it’s the web app, that’s also a given. It’s my own internal address and never changes. the notebook has not been shut down or restarted since I bought Tablo, it’s the same browser, same tab, same everything. There’s simply no way it could possibly be anything but a local network connection with the Tablo private address. 
It’s honestly simple - I can’t use connect, it’s not set up, I never checked that box, never had anything but connection to the local private address 192.168.0.100 always. I don’t have the bandwidth to get Tablo to the Internet and then back to a device in my home for connect to work anyway. And my router/firewall is locked down, no ports are forwarded.  

having the same issue as @MrBitterMN. No hard drive. Can watch live tv but i can only see my list of recordings, not actually play any. on the my.tablotv.com site it shows no hard drive despite being plugged in.

Edit: unplugged and replugged. resolved issue

Everything went great on my update to my 4-tuner. We are on the first show with the thumbnails so far but it has already greatly improved the experience. It has also really helped the wife’s opinion and experience too!!

Great job tablo!!

Seamless upgrade for me - thumbnails on 3 rokus and my Chrome-based web app. Valuable improvement. Thanks Tablo for continuing to improve the product.