FFW/REW Thumbnail support
- Tablo’s Roku channel and web app on PC/Mac (Chrome) will now provide support for thumbnail previews during fast forward and rewind on recordings. Thumbnail previews will not be available for Live TV.
- For a full overview of this new feature, check out the Tablo blog.
- Please note: Creating thumbnails for all recordings on your disk may take up to 24+ hours, depending on the number of recordings.
- Thumbnail creation requires the use of a tuner. If all tuners are in use, Tablo will wait for a tuner to become available to process your recordings.
- Other small stability improvements
Amazing - thanks! I want to upgrade right now but I’m away from home so I can’t power cycle the Tablo. Maybe a soft reset from the Settings page in future releases? This is a scenario where it’d be useful.
I wanted the thumbnail processing to do its business while I’m away.
Update was flawless and it rebooted itself, without needing to power cycle. Now I can’t wait to try the new features tonight.
It always reboots on its own after updating. I meant reboot to prompt the update. My Tablo doesn’t see the update yet.
Ahhh…mine popped up as soon as I opened the web app.
Lucky you, I’m jealous lol
Don’t use Roku anymore, but best part of this update means, I hope, we’re really close to the Fire TV app :).
Ok issue… @TabloSupport
@Jestep Just a little more detail:
Cleared the local data @TabloSupport not the cache
Local data - I thought that was in the cache?
When ‘Clearing the cache’ I always choose everything,
I never clear cache unless it dumps all the trash. Is that what you mean, IN the browser, not ON the Tablo?
@ShadowsPapa, this is what I mean:
OK, I guess I never clear one without clearing the other in case there’s some tie between them. So when I clear the “cache” I am also clearing that out. At least it leaves the Tablo intact, it’s only the locally stored data (local to the PC, etc.)
@ShadowsPapa the database is where all the show info is stored. So maybe somehow the times got messed up
I’m not being offered the update. I even cleared my cache in chrome & shut down my computer and restarted. I went thru the find the Tablo and started a fresh sync. Still no offer of a update.
That makes sense - it’s what gets sync’d and how your “browser” or local device knows what’s on your Tablo. Of course, we are talking PC, browser, etc. so all things are possible, and if it’s Windows, all things are likely.
@PhilH quickly hit the blue button on the back to reboot the tablo and it should pop up sooner. But give it a couple minutes or so
And now I started the update on my wife’s 2 tuner with hundreds of shows… We shall see how that works with the thumbnail generation
Does anyone know how much extra disk space these thumbnails will take up?
@snowcat looking at the thumbnails for How to get away with murder 2 hour finale it looks like about 20mb or so…