NEW Firmware Release - 2.1.24 (old thread)

@grimurthy - yes.  I am using my.tablotv.com and I see the thumbnails.

@shadowspapa - the part that shouldn’t be interrupted is during the “installing” phase, I bricked a router that way once (by accident, of course!! lol)     My tablo took about 4-5 mins (I wasn’t really watching it) to update, but that was earlier in the evening when the server was probably less busy.  Can you disconnect from your Tablo and reconnect?  I would check that first before the somewhat drastic step of clicking the reset.

Well this is getting stupid. That’s what I get for even trying on the first day of a release of anything. I will be very very thoroughly ticked if I lose all of those shows we’ve recorded for 2 months now - some that will not be on again ever. It’s approaching 1 hour and STILL sitting at 61% no matter how I look at it. Blue light still blinking. 
Such a download should take only 2 or 3 minutes, then another couple of minutes to apply it and so on. Finished in 5 or 6 minutes start to finish and reboot, tops. 

I guess I’ll never ever make this mistake again! I don’t really need the thumbnails if that’s the only change in this version anyway. In a way I hope it eventually times out and goes back to where it was, I’d feel a lot better, then I’ll wait to update until after something I really need as this is just too risky, risking losing the recorded shows and then having to figure out everything my wife had set to record, and all the things I had set and spend time putting all that back in. updates should lose nothing at all - all settings and shows set to record in the future should ideally remain intact, but most of all - updates shouldn’t take an hour and hang. 
Big mistake, my bad, won’t ever jump on an update again, but I was hoping it had other stuff in it I guess.

@ShadowsPapa you can go to a browser and check it too, it will show you where it is in progress… It won’t stop anything on the Tablo side

My browser said “connecting” and sat there. The FireTV is still showing 61%, the blue light still flashing. Just shy of an hour. 
Since I can’t trust the screen to tell me what it’s REALLY doing, I don’t want to hit reset - what if it’s done downloading and is REALLY applying the update all this time - and I hit reset and trash it?

The browser won’t connect now.

@ShadowsPapa yep, open a ticket :frowning:

Well I got gutsy and hit reset fast. It came right back up on the old version, then 2 minute later it had detected the new update. I got stupid and hit yeah, do it - it’s already at almost 90% and that was in 2 minutes time. 

Now in a bit under 2 minutes it says 100%, installing. we’ll see. I quickly made a list of my wife’s recording settings and a screenshot or two just in case.  It’s now past installing, rebooting. About 3 minutes or so now. 

I reset mine and it seems to be working great now. I’m downloading the channel schedule now.

Mine had hung for an hour on 61%. It’s now at the latest firmware update, all recordings appear to be intact although I’ve not tried to watch anything Been a long bad day anyway, I’m done for the night. At least when it ran this time it downloaded FAST, installed FAST and rebooted in a reasonable time. 
I got a chance to read the warning screen all the way this time and they do mention at the very bottom “other stability fixes” or words similar to that indicating the thumb nails aren’t the only change -which is good as although I’m sure I’ll appreciate the thumbnails as I get used to them, it wasn’t as big a deal to how I use it since I likely won’t be able to see them or tell what they are anyway with a 42" TV sitting 11 feet away from me! they’ll be just as bad if not worse on the notebook screen so they’d have to be gallery size  or 2 story murals for me to see them on our TV or computer screens, not thumb nails HAHA. 

@ShadowsPapa  you might be surprised there are pretty big :wink:

Finally an update, I was starting to wonder what the heck was going on over there because we haven't seen a software update in like 4 months. Bummer they only added one feature though, honestly expected more.

Last year the updates seemed to come pretty rapidly and that was one of the things that drew me to tablo but then they stopped coming. Would really like to see at least a monthly update if not better.

No luck for me. After upgrade and reboot, Tablo can’t be found on the network. I tried unplugging, resetting, waiting, but no joy. All I get is a flashing blue light and no indication that it is on the network. Ideas?

@horizonjob - flashing blue light after boot means that it is trying to get an IP address.  Can you check your router’s list of DHCP clients and see if it has connected?

I upgraded my 2 tuner first and it would not reboot successfully.  I unplugged the power and plugged back and it took about 5 minutes but everything came back up fine.

Did the same with my 4 tuner and it exhibited the same symptoms, however it took about 15 minutes to come back on line after a power up.
Just give it time…  Hopefully everything else is still working fine.

Downloaded - no problem
Installed - no problem
RECONNECTING - PROBLEM!!!
Cannot get my iPad to conect to my Tablo

Glad I did the update during lunch.  As more people get Tablo, they need a faster server to handle the increased traffic. Perhaps they can do the update in phases based on mac addresses or alphabetical order or zip code.  @TabloSupport - just a suggestion.

@ShadowsPapa  you might be surprised there are pretty big ;)

Good, maybe I’ll find out tonight or tomorrow night. I need to relax and take a break with some nice TV.   Getting old, I guess. (and no poking at the word ‘getting’ in there guys)

Suggestion - please provide release notes with each upgrade or update to the software, web interface software and firmware updates. Often they can simply be copied from the internal change control system as normally bugs are given an ID when verified as a bug. If you use an app like TFS or others, which help with software revisioning and bug tracking, it’s pretty easy to glean release notes and not have to create them from scratch. 

I’d sort of like to know what the “stability issues” are that the update warning note speaks of. A release notes file would be cool - like most other software companies and BIOS makers do - they list what all went into that update, no matter how trivial as SOMEONE may want to update based on some small fix for a minor issue and not the bigger thing. 

For example, I was fine with the thumbnails, but that’s not high on my list at this point so I could have lived without it, and after last night’s troubles with the upgrade, I had decided for a while to SKIP this upgrade, I decided I didn’t need the thumbnails and would wait until there were fixes for other issues, not feature enhancements. Then I read the fine print at the bottom and it said “stability issues” or words to that effect and I decided yeah, that’s what I REALLY care about right now. So I went for it. Had there been a release notes with DETAILS on the tablotv site, I’d have grabbed that first - it’s what I do 40+ hours a week, keep things up to date, switches, routers, servers and so on and I look for and grab release notes, read those first (assuming they are written to my level of reading abilities so they don’t dazzle me with technical stuff HAHA) and THEN I decide if we REALLY need that update or if it’s a fix for something we’ll never see nor use.

I’d like to see Tablo release “release notes” with each new app or upgrade. List what was done in this version, historically, from latest down to the earlier releases. 

This below is an example of the sort of thing I love reading about - specifics, then I KNOW if it should work better for me, or if there’s nothing in a given update that will help me at all, or if I should even avoid it  ->

Web browsers terminate unexpectedly when Trusteer Rapport is installed with 
SEP
Fix ID: 2657350
Symptom: Trusteer Rapport is installed with SEP and the Application Device Control feature is enabled. 
Web browsers may terminate unexpectedly with the following errors:
Firefox (firefox.exe): 0x00003dbe
Internet Explorer (iexplore.exe): 0x0000a9f6
Google Chrome (chrome.exe) 0x000c6ce0
Solution: The application and device control driver (Sysplant.sys) was modified to prevent this crash.

Migration from SEP 11.0 to 12.1, or repairing a SEP 12.1 client, results in duplicate 
client entries if the client is a Hyper-V guest OS
Fix ID: 2477905
Symptom: Migrating a client from SEP 11.0 to 12.1 results in a duplicate client entry in the SEPM 
console if the client is a Hyper-V guest OS. This issue can also occur if a SEP 12.1 client is repaired via 
the add/remove control panel, if the client is a Hyper-V guest OS.
Solution: The SEP client installer was modified to prevent a condition where the hardware ID is regenerated, resulting in a duplicate client entry.

I delete recordings as I watch them so I am going to clear out my recordings this weekend and start over with a fresh setup and then update based on some of the issues other have had.

Looks great on both Chrome and Roku 3!  Thanks Tablo.