NEW Firmware Release - 2.1.24 (old thread)

@oldmike no preview “yet” for Android. WOuld be nice if they add that

Not working on my roku. The fast forward moved and it looks like there’s space for a box, but no box or preview.

Just got the Tablo about two weeks ago and I love it. I love the thumbnails in the recordings with the new update. However, the thumbnails don’t show for a show that is currently recording, so that takes away from it. I like to start watching a show while it’s still recording but just be able to fast forward through the commercials. Is it possible to get the thumbnails for shows that are currently recording?

FF & RW Thumbnails!  You guys must bathe in Awesome-sauce! Thank you! 

@jpurdum that is the way it is coded and only creates the thumbnails after the show is done and a tuner is available to create them. I agree though, I would love for them to be available all the time.

@akzag read above and also, they only get created if there is an available tuner. So if you had a 2 tuner and 2 shows are recording and you are watching a show that just finished recording the thumbnails would not show up. However, your comment that you see a box there seems strange, maybe something for @TabloSupport to look into?

Absolutely love this update w/thumbnails … really makes things way nicer… thank you @TabloTV (and the entire team for this feature)

How long did this update take everyone? Mine has been updating for an hour and I’m wondering if something went wrong? The screen on my iPad reads “updating tablo” in large black letters and in small grey print reads “downloading update”, “installing” and “rebooting.” Any help is much appreciated!

@jrecords once each step is done you would see a nice little check mark next to it, are any checked now??

Mine has been stuck at 61% for over 30 minutes now, no more progress.

BTW - does this really clear all recordings you have set? If so I have a rough night ahead trying to figure out what she had set up to record daily. Too bad it doesn’t save the recording settings and put. them back in place when done.

@jestep there are no check marks.

ok, 40 minutes now stuck on 61% - this is getting scary - how bloody big can this be?

@jrecords sounds like it has not even downloaded then??? Might want to try going to my.tablotv.com on your browser and see what it looks like. Just to check if it looks the same. If you are using a browser, close it and clear your cache and check it

@jrecords, @ShadowsPapa - I suspect the upgrade server is getting hammered tonight. :slight_smile:  If the update is not proceeding, first try disconnecting and reconnecting.  If that doesn’t do anything, press and release the blue reset button on the back of the Tablo.

Thanks @mark and @jestep. I’ll try that.

Tablo then a quick question. With the beta I had to go to beta.tablotv.com for the thumbnails to work. Now I do not have to go their anymore? Use the regular my.tablotv.com???

I would say Hold off on hitting reset if it is in the middle of an update… Open a ticket

How long did this update take everyone? Mine has been updating for an hour and I'm wondering if something went wrong? The screen on my iPad reads "updating tablo" in large black letters and in small grey print reads "downloading update", "installing" and "rebooting." Any help is much appreciated!

I dont know 2 mins total perhaps?

@girimurthy correct

I’m almost afraid to touch it as I’ve witnessed PC BIOS updates that were interrupted in process - total corruption, BIOS replacement necessary. Perhaps their next step is a more robust server!  ;-)

Seriously, it’s been since before 9pm, still 61% and the end table shelf looks like a KMart store during the blue light special - blinking on/off/on/off/on/off in regular rhythm.

The new update didn’t go well.  I can’t keep an connection for very long.  When I do get connected I can’t watch Live or Recorded TV with the HDD plugged in. I’ve tried connecting with Roku, Web, Android and iPad.  If I remove the HDD, i can get Live TV.  I don’t really want to format the HDD.  Need some options.  I’m nearing 2TB of data.  I’m wondering if my 4 Tuner Tablo is spending it’s time making thumbnails, and ignoring my requests for connection.  I’ve rebooted about 5 times.