Manual recordings no longer happening as sheduled

I have had 2 tablos for around 10 months, I use the WEB app to manage my tablos. Firmware upgrade always appears in the WEB app as optional.

Opt out? In my experience it doesn’t update firmware unless you initiate the download.

@jeff - Firmware updates are always optional.

We’ve confirmed that manual recordings scheduled prior to the 2.2.2 update were not recording successfully.

To correct this, open up the Tablo app and navigate to your Scheduled screen. Select your manual recordings, and select ‘Edit’ and then ‘Done’. The next airings for this program will record.

We’ve fixed this on our end to avoid this for future releases.

1 Like

My bad! I recall seeing a notification of a new version, but I don’t recall going out of my way to install it.

I’m surprised that you guys broke core functionality (the “R” in DVR) but aren’t issuing a patch to fix it. Your proposed work-around is tedious at best.

I too have been experiencing problems recording since getting 2.2.2. Something interesting I have just discovered is that if I program a ‘repeating’ recording for a show that’s airing later tonight, after clicking ‘done’ if I bring up the scheduled programming it’ll list 2 forthcoming episodes, but starting from NEXT week! Tonight’s episode doesn’t appear in the list, and won’t record.

However if I set up a ‘just once’ recording for later tonight, and then examine the programming, it shows up correctly and records successfully.

After the 2.2.2 upgrade none of my scheduled recordings work. I am a subscriber to the grid service so these are not manual schedules. Starting to think the 2.2.2 firmware was half-baked.

Any suggestions?

I had the same problem. I had to go into each scheduled show & told it to remove schedule. Then I had to tell it to record all episodes or record new episodes. Now my scheduled shows record again.

Hope that helps you…

@PhilH

Was this just for manual recordings? Or scheduled recordings of TV shows?

This was for scheduled recordings. Since I have a guide subscription I don’t do manual recordings.

Since I started doing this my Tablo hasn’t missed a recording.

Really because my scheduled recordings for TV shows that at Tablo has a listing for have been continuing to record after the update.

Well all I know is that the weekend after the update when Nascar & Bachelor in Paradise didn’t record my wife was fit to be tied. You could go to Live TV & the channel icons were red and flashing like it was recording. But when the show was over there was no recording.

I have not had that problem since I have reset all of my scheduled recordings.

Agreed.

I guess I should have made it clear that I had the issue with both “Manual” recordings and “Scheduled” recordings (but I don’t have the “subscription” – this issue appears to affect users whether they have the subscription or not).

Since updating to 2.2.2, I and another user I know had to resave ALL scheduled recordings in order for them to start working again.

Literally Edit + Done. In my case it was about 70 items :frowning:

Whoa how much do you watch? lol

I will let you know tomorrow if scheduled recordings that haven’t aired in a while record or not.

I deleted all the scheduled recordings. Then put some of them back in for a test. Not a one recorded. They show in the grid as if they would record, but nothing. The only way I can get a recording is to hit the record button on a program that is already in progress. Pretty messed up.

I guess my other option is to reset the entire thing to factory and lose all my recordings. Which really really sucks.

I know you won’t believe this, but I rarely watch tv, lol.

But, this is exactly one of the reasons I wanted to find a reliable “whole house” DVR that was not connected to any Cable/Satellite/Internet provider. So I could watch stuff I care to see on my own schedule and skip commercials.

It is funny though how fast that all adds up. :worried:

I submitted a trouble ticket. No reply yet on my issue of not recording.

While waiting on the reply, I went ahead and reset the Tablo to factory. I also the my HD and connected it to a computer and formatted it. I did this so the Tablo would force a format, which it did. Guess what? The old recorded programs still show and now I can’t delete them and to top it off, the Tablo still would not record. So I set the Tablo to factory again, and it didn’t change anything. I would think they would wipe out their database on a factory reset.

At this point I am thinking of returning the Tablo, if I can’t get this resolved soon.

Delete the Tablo device from the device you’re using it on and let it re-sync. Say on an iPad, it should connect as a new device after the factory reset.

I did a disconnect on it, then reconnected. No change. I’m using a PC for setup.