Manual recordings no longer happening as sheduled

I too have been experiencing problems recording since getting 2.2.2. Something interesting I have just discovered is that if I program a ‘repeating’ recording for a show that’s airing later tonight, after clicking ‘done’ if I bring up the scheduled programming it’ll list 2 forthcoming episodes, but starting from NEXT week! Tonight’s episode doesn’t appear in the list, and won’t record.

However if I set up a ‘just once’ recording for later tonight, and then examine the programming, it shows up correctly and records successfully.

After the 2.2.2 upgrade none of my scheduled recordings work. I am a subscriber to the grid service so these are not manual schedules. Starting to think the 2.2.2 firmware was half-baked.

Any suggestions?

I had the same problem. I had to go into each scheduled show & told it to remove schedule. Then I had to tell it to record all episodes or record new episodes. Now my scheduled shows record again.

Hope that helps you…

@PhilH

Was this just for manual recordings? Or scheduled recordings of TV shows?

This was for scheduled recordings. Since I have a guide subscription I don’t do manual recordings.

Since I started doing this my Tablo hasn’t missed a recording.

Really because my scheduled recordings for TV shows that at Tablo has a listing for have been continuing to record after the update.

Well all I know is that the weekend after the update when Nascar & Bachelor in Paradise didn’t record my wife was fit to be tied. You could go to Live TV & the channel icons were red and flashing like it was recording. But when the show was over there was no recording.

I have not had that problem since I have reset all of my scheduled recordings.

Agreed.

I guess I should have made it clear that I had the issue with both “Manual” recordings and “Scheduled” recordings (but I don’t have the “subscription” – this issue appears to affect users whether they have the subscription or not).

Since updating to 2.2.2, I and another user I know had to resave ALL scheduled recordings in order for them to start working again.

Literally Edit + Done. In my case it was about 70 items :frowning:

Whoa how much do you watch? lol

I will let you know tomorrow if scheduled recordings that haven’t aired in a while record or not.

I deleted all the scheduled recordings. Then put some of them back in for a test. Not a one recorded. They show in the grid as if they would record, but nothing. The only way I can get a recording is to hit the record button on a program that is already in progress. Pretty messed up.

I guess my other option is to reset the entire thing to factory and lose all my recordings. Which really really sucks.

I know you won’t believe this, but I rarely watch tv, lol.

But, this is exactly one of the reasons I wanted to find a reliable “whole house” DVR that was not connected to any Cable/Satellite/Internet provider. So I could watch stuff I care to see on my own schedule and skip commercials.

It is funny though how fast that all adds up. :worried:

I submitted a trouble ticket. No reply yet on my issue of not recording.

While waiting on the reply, I went ahead and reset the Tablo to factory. I also the my HD and connected it to a computer and formatted it. I did this so the Tablo would force a format, which it did. Guess what? The old recorded programs still show and now I can’t delete them and to top it off, the Tablo still would not record. So I set the Tablo to factory again, and it didn’t change anything. I would think they would wipe out their database on a factory reset.

At this point I am thinking of returning the Tablo, if I can’t get this resolved soon.

Delete the Tablo device from the device you’re using it on and let it re-sync. Say on an iPad, it should connect as a new device after the factory reset.

I did a disconnect on it, then reconnected. No change. I’m using a PC for setup.

On the PC, I had to clear cache on the browser before ghost recordings went away. So now it looks right. Next I will test if recording works. Thanks theuser86.

Hey @winkdot, did someone get in touch with you? Sorry for the wait on this post.

To confirm: manual recordings did have an issue after the 2.2.2 load. The quick fix is to open the manual recording, select ‘Edit’, and then ‘Done’ to re-issue it. All further recordings will be successful. If you’re still seeing issues to this after trying the above, please send us a ticket.

After deleting all the scheduled programs and then putting them back in, the Tablo did not record anything. It matters not how I schedule them, nothing records. The only way I can get something to record is to hit record on a program that is currently playing. Is there anyway to see the logs on this device?

I’m not normally doing manual recordings. I have a lifetime membership to the grid service. I did issue a ticket on this that told me to delete the recording schedule and then recreate it. I have done this multiple times with no change.

I could telnet to the tablo but don’t have an ID or password.

How do you know what version you have? I bought a new Tablo and I am getting the same affect. Nothing shows when I click “recordings”, but I’ve been seeing that since I turned it up.

@SteveBogs At the bottom of the Settings/About screen in the Tablo app - the most current firmware version is 2.2.10.