Live TV no longer rewinding

Not the first time Roku has broken something and denied it. In fact, not even the second or third time.

They push new builds about every 4-6 weeks or so though they are finishing up a beta run now so it likely wont be more than 2-3 weeks before the next one goes out.

You may can force a return to the previous build through the Roku secret menus. I think the one you will want is:

Home x 5 + FF x 3 + RW x 2

But if that doesn’t work, just google Roku Secret Screens and you will easily find listings for all of them.

FYI, if you DO roll back, you will need to unplug the Roku when not using it to keep it from auto upgrading. Just manually check for an update every few days and when you see it offer a version other than the affected, you will be good…

1 Like

Tried the secret menu Daniel454 listed…could only “update” from the current version to same current version.

Same here

Sorry guys, its hit or miss, sometimes it will let you go back one, I have had to do it a few times. But I think it may depend on version number, it may only let you go back a full version if the full version changed lately and not actually go back a single build not sure really. Worth a shot.

1 Like

My Premier + is also on build 4090 and exhibits the same behavior.

My streaming stick and Express are on completely different firmware, so they are fine.

I can guarantee that this is a Roku firmware bug and not a Tablo issue.

It’s a bug in the Roku 8.1 4090 firmware and apparently has been resolved already in later versions. Unfortunately, we users will just have to wait till one of these newer firmware versions is sent out to our Rokus.

I have 3 Roku Ultras, and a table 4 tuner. 2 rokus have the 4090 build and the rewind problem, the 3rd Roku has a newer build and no rewind problem. It’s been this way for a month or so. It definitely is the Roku software 4090 version causing the problems. When I try to manually update it tell me 4090 is the most current.

I have two streeming sticks plus with the same problem. i did not have this problem untill i accepted the tablo update. that was a big mistake. I looked at this post 1st then chatted with roku and they are sending my problem up the chain… You would think tablo would contact Roku with the problem and work on a fix. As far as i am concerned this it totaly aTablos problem. i have other tablo vs roku problems. They don’t play well together. If Tablo wants to say it works with roku it should.

I also have the Roku Model: 4640x - Roku ultra with the most current Roku Software which is version: 801 build 4090-29. Live TV rewind worked fine until the latest tablo update 2.2.20 (updated yesterday) and now it now rewind no longer works. My older Roku 3’s work fine. I hope the incompatibility issue gets worked out.

I just received a ROKU firmware update from Version 8.1 Build 4090-46 to Roku Version 8.10 Build 4113-46. The rewind/ issue seems to have disappeared.

1 Like

Lets hope Roku sees their way to releasing these changes soon and distributing them among all the devices.

I received the update as well yesterday, and the rewind problem is gone.

Just to confirm Snowcat, you got updated to the Roku build 4113-46 and that was the fix?

Yes, I am on 4113 now, and the rewind problem is gone on the regular Tablo app.

What I can’t confirm is whether the beta Tablo app also fixes the problem or not. The Roku updated at 5:30 PM Central time yesterday, and that was close to the time I checked the beta Tablo app.

Our workaround that we’re testing wouldn’t have gone live on the ‘regular’ Tablo channel for Roku, so it’s definitely the 4113 Roku firmware that came through with the fix.

We’ll be keeping an eye on this over the next few days, but let’s hope Roku continues to push this new load!

Yesterday I uploaded the new beta Roku app, but I did verify that my Roku was updated to 4113-29 at the same time (maybe -29 is for Premeire+, while -46 is for Ultra).

I tested yesterday with the beta and the rewind problem was gone. But since the Roku upgrade fixed the problem, I have no idea if the beta solves the issue or not. Hopefully everyone with Ultras and Premieres get the Roku upgrade soon so it won’t matter.

Fingers crossed…no update yet on two Roku Express.

The Roku Express doesn’t have this problem, so you are good.

The Roku Express does have this problem.

Interesting. Mine is still on 8.0 firmware. I guess you have the 8.1 firmware.