Live TV no longer rewinding

Firmware 2.2.20 on Roku 3900x, 8.1 build 4.90.

My Ultra is running 4113-46 now so you may be on to something with the last two digits indicating specific model.

I just tested both the beta and non-beta Tablo apps and confirmed I still don’t encounter the issue.

The last 2 digits of the Roku OS build, do indeed indicate the Roku hardware model:
17 = Roku 4
04 = Roku 2 (2015)

Since a month or two, I’m not able to go back on live TV. When I try to go back, I just return to live TV at the real time. If I use “pause”, I’m able to see TV program at the right time until I try to skip the next commercial. At that time, when I try to go fast forward at the commecial, the program return at the actual time and I loose what was recorded. It was working well a month or two ago. What happens?

If you’re using a Roku with OS v8.0.1. build 4090 is the problem:

Tablo 2.5.1 app update seems to have fixed the live TV rewind problem on the Roku!

Hi folks - We’ve released an update to our Roku Channel (2.5.1) which should provide a workaround for the issue encountered by some Roku users (with firmware 8.1 Build 4090) that prevented scrubbing from working properly on some playlists, including Live TV.

2 Likes

The update worked for me. Was able to pause and rewind live TV without any further issues.
Thank you very much!

2 Likes