KNOWN ISSUE - Some Tablo Apps Failing to Handle DST Time Change

Same here – time in my live grid in Windows is one hour behind; so are all the program sched start times. Recordings seem to be OK. Roku time is correct, though.

My Apple TV has the correct time but iPhone and ipad doesn’t not. My recording are still being recorded correctly. But wished it would show the correct time on my iPad and iPhone.

Hi folks -

We are aware of an issue and are investigating it now.

The only incorrect element seems to be the time displayed on the Live TV screen on mobile apps, the web app FIXED, and older apps like those for Samsung, LG, Xbox, and the Windows 10 app.

Apps on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and Apple TV, as well as the Tablo DUAL HDMI should not be affected.

Schedules and recordings will not be impacted regardless of app.

We’ll share more details when we have them.

Hi! Same problem here on my Samsung TV. I just went into the settings for the TV. It had not updated to DST, so I fixed that. Still no change in the Tablo guide even though I updated the guide after I changed the time on the TV. The TV with a Fire Stick does display the correct time, but my Android phone, which has the correct time on the phone itself, does not.

(edit) The Samsung TV is not that old, but maybe Samsung hasn’t updated the Tablo app in a while??

(edit 2) The time is not correct on my Windows 10 app or the web app (opened in Edge). Apparently, only the Fire Stick version has the correct time.

I hope you get this fixed soon. It’s annoying and confusing, especially when devices in the same house show different times!

Thanks!

The problem appears to be fixed on my Windows 10 machine using Chrome but the problem still exists when I access Tablo via my iPhone. It’s also still not working using the Windows 10 App. Perhaps the IOS and Windows app will need to be updated.

Yes, my web app version has been updated -

1.9.5 build 987 [202103151339]

<sigh> another unannounced updated web app and -

—someone had to have know something?

[edit]
you may have to reload the page to get the current “version” - no reboot necessary :slight_smile:

Sorry.

Been a smidge busy today :smiley:

Yes, we have updated the web app at my.tablotv.com to fix the DST issue. No action on your end is required to access the update.

If you continue to see this issue on the web app, try clearing your browser cache.

We are currently investigating solutions to remedy the issue on the remaining affected applications.

1 Like

The current tablo apps day light saving problems is not as apocalyptic as what happened to the tablo apps when the Mayan calendar ended December 12, 2012. Earth almost collided with Planet X.

I think I will wake up in the next day or two and some fixes will have been found.

Just for grins, was checking on this today and noticed my guide data is reporting as expired, when it is paid up through 10/2021. Something else y’all may want to check. I’m on hold waiting for the help desk…

Update: Assuming work done from my email ticket, was able to (after a couple dozen tries) get success from the “Refresh” button on the Settings panel. Guide is active, and updating (although taking forever - about 10 minutes and only at 18%). Just watch your settings, all!

I’m having this problem. I have a Samsung Smart TV and the menu shows an incorrect time. It says above that I should clear the cache, how do I do that?

I have other issues, too. Lip sync thru Roku is off. And very slow loading on either the Smart TV Hub or the Roku app. Lip sync is not off thru the Smart TV Hub. How can I get these fixed?

same here. web app is good now. resolved. windows app still has the problem…

Chiming in to say this is still an issue on LG TV app. It doesn’t break anything, but still we hope it gets fixed soon!

My Hisense RokuTV was affected and although I am not certain if the issue was Roku related or the Tablo app, the cause seemed to be the time zone on the Roku which changed from EST to CST. I changed the timezone back to EDT and all seems well now. Unfortunately, my recordings were affected.

This would seem to if anything be an issue on the Roku itself because the consistency through all of this is that the actual time of the existing scheduled recordings, etc. has not been affected and all the recordings have happened correctly as scheduled, it’s just the time on the Live TV grid.

Changing the time from EST to CST is one way to compensate for day light savings time.

My vote on this… “just say no”

There’s no DST in AZ. Will it remain MST?

It might depend on whether you live within the boundaries of the Navajo Nation.

Any fix for this? Still having this issue.

It is 4:23pm here now, and the earliest “Live TV” show I can see is 8:00pm :frowning: