Introducing: Plex Channel for TabloTV

I noticed today that after I click on Live TV it shows the images from the very first time I ran it. So NCIS Los Angeles showed up for channel 2, or so I thought until I pressed play and it ended up being an entirely different channel.

Iā€™m really interested in trying Plex. I have Plex installed on my MacBook Pro have managed to get the Plex media server to show up on my Sony tv. I can see the channels for video, music and photos. I can see my iPhoto library all the events but no pictures. I can see my iTunes music library but no songs. I can see Tablo but canā€™t play any content. Am I missing something? On the Tablo channel I can see whatā€™s playing on live TV all my recordings when I select something it says file not found.

My Live TV listings and images have been ot of date the past day and now I got this message:

"API could not detect a Tablo on your network."

I am able to access the Tablo with a browser, so thatā€™s not true.

UPDATE: Ā Plugin works fine with the pled app. Ā I was curious how DLNA devices handled it. Ā Iā€™m using the WD TV Live box. Ā It can see the channel just find and see all the content, but its unable to play any content. Ā It appears that its seeing it as an unsupported video format.

@mb190e - I got your PM but it wouldnā€™t let me reply or anythinngā€¦ strange. Ā can you PM me again please and provide me your email address? Ā I will reach out to you at somepoint today. Ā Traveling home from client, but i should be able to get to it.

After finally finding the Plex media player for the Mac, and installing that I can now play the content on the TV but itā€™s really pixelated and voice sink is off. Also working on some hack for the AppleTV. you can change the trailers app to a plex app but I havenā€™t been able to get that to work yet. Iā€™ve got the server running and everything, but when I go to the trailer app on the Apple TV is says ā€œtrailers is unavailable try again laterā€ After some more digging I think the step Iā€™m missing is I need a micro USB to add a certificate to the AppleTV.

OKā€¦Iā€™m hoping someone can answer some questions. Iā€™m currently on WiFi with Tablo and a Roku1. I want to switch to Fire TV and use a Powerline Adaptor so I can be wired and avoid the constant ā€œLoading, please waitā€ messages. Here are my questions:

• Will Plex allow me to use the Fire TV immediately, until the Tablo app is released?
  • Will the lowest Plex subscription work?
  • Can I cancel after the Tablo app comes out? (I really have no other need for Plex)
  • When this Plex Media Server is installed, will I have to run my PC to watch TV?
  • Can someone tell me, in detail, how to set it up?

Sorry Iā€™m such a dunce, but I had never even heard of Plex before buying Tablo, so I have no clue about how it works. Thank you in advance!

I noticed a new issue today. Ā When viewing a channel in the table app live, then later watching that same channel later live in plex (in this case, roku and web app), the stream starts from the time i started watching live hours ago in table. Ā It appears something is being cached.

@tacopeland Iā€™m not sure we can do anything about that particular issue. Here is what is happening:

The tablo has already started recording the channel (this is why you can pause and rewind), so when plex starts to playback the channel it starts from the beginning of the recording.Ā 

@Davidvr - So when i kill the native table app session, how long until that recording stops so that this doesnā€™t happen in plex?

I am able to access the Tablo with Plex again after restarting the server. Live TV listings and images are still outdated.

@HarryR is that using the latest version? Try using the Reset option and see if they update correctly after that.Ā 

@Davidvr

I have version .96 installed. I tried the reset button in the help section. Nothing happened. I found a ā€œForce Updateā€ menu item the other day somewhere in the Plex web app. That worked then but I canā€™t find the menu item any more.

I just reset and the Live TV Channel still shows way outdated info. I also have .96 installed

Okay after a trip to Wally World for a micro USB. I now have Plex on my Apple TV2 seems to be working. Awesome

I reinstalled the plugin and restarted the server. The Live TV Info is current at the moment. Iā€™ll check on it in a few hours.

@HarryR, I tried that but it still shows the original outdated data. Am I missing someplace that needs to be cleared out??

@jestep I have the same problem with the outdated images for live tv on my new plex set up.

Do the descriptions change but the images stay the same?Ā 

Found it, on Mac, Ā under ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Data/

I deleted the dirĀ com.plexapp.plugins.tablo then when I started Plex Server and went into Live TV it recreated everything. So current now.

@mb190eĀ 
@HarryRĀ