Introducing: Plex Channel for TabloTV

If I can get a few people to test, I just committed a new build, Please read the wiki as the directions changed slightly.

For those interested here are the changes:
  • Implemented caching of live TV data to speed up the Live TV menu
  • Removed unnecessary debug code
  • Added tests to check if the tablo IP has changed since we last cached data
  • Altered some paths so that channel can be included in the official plex channel store

Just tried it out, looks pretty good, I am sure there are some comments like group recordings by show, etc, but looks good so far.  :-bd

To bad I have to wait for official channel store release because I’m using plex installed on a asustor NAS and having trouble getting access to plex folder on it
Aside doing SSH via terminal I wish there was a easy GUI way to install the github (Tablo.bundle) download
Great work guys!

so is it just me but if i have 1 person watching some live show then some one else comes along and also watches live tv it kicks the first person out almost like it isnt doing tuner priorities.

i have a quad tuner

@dave01568 Sorry to hear that, I hope that we will be in the channel store today. I completed rewriting a few items the guys at plex requested and we should be good to go now.

@Davidvr

Is the channel going to be posted in the Official Channel Directory, or the Unsupported Channel Thread?

@jbanks25 As I understand in the official channel directory

@Davidvr - Loaded up the new version last night - everything seems just a touch faster and I like the new format of the display of live TV - with the channels.  Still having problems with the LiveTV - I will PM you and get your email address so I can send the logs.

@dave01568 you could probably use Winscp or cyberduck to access the nas using ssh

I loaded the new version last night. It all works but the icons and info for live TV do not reference current shows.

Got this up and running last night.  Didn’t play with it too much, but live TV worked great!  I’ll play with it more tonight

Any plans on adding the guide to the live TV section ?
Also, not sure if it’s my setup, but is the PLEX fast-forward supposed to work with recordings ? I’m using RasPlex plugged to my TV.

Great jobs guys !!

Their are certain limits to what we can do inside of plex, but we are going to do everything that we can in time. 

Fast Forward does work on the official clients (at least in my testing) so it may be issue with RasPlex. 

Having a problem with the Plex App on Samsung Smart TV.

I can connect to my local Plex Server and Tablo channel, and it will display the Live TV show list, but when I try to play a selection from the list I get:

Can’t connect to the selected server or the content is no longer available

On my computers on the LAN, I can connect to the server and play Live TV and recordings from my Tablo.

Is this an issue with the Plex app of Samsung?

Thanks for the great job guys!

I just used the force update feature on Plex and my live TV icons and info are up to date.

@Jaggerdude do recordings playback correctly? 

@Davidvr 

No. It’s the same problem. It displays the recordings in the Tablo but when I select from the list, I get the same error.

Update:
Kindle Fire HDX 7" Plex app works but it doesn’t display the icons for some reason.

Update 2:

Found the problem. I entered the port forwarding details of the Tablo in the router incorrectly.

Now it works great in the Samsung.

Thanks again for the awesome job you guys did!

Sorry for lack of involvement yesterday, today, and rest of week. I’m answering emails and pm but hard when on site with client. Thanks Dave!

Yes, thanks to the Plex plugin, I can now stream Tablo content live/stream on my old SD television using a Roku 1 and in the correct aspect ratio.

(The Roku Tablo App itself would fail to stream unless you manage to trick your Roku to be in 720p/1080p but it would be in the wrong aspect ratio.)  

If I can get a few testers to update, I just committed a update that should resolve the guide information on live TV not updating.