Introducing: Plex Channel for TabloTV

Yes it does. :slight_smile:

You the man!

@Pix64 One more question, does the Plex Media Server need to make that initial ā€œhandshakeā€ over the same LAN? If so, can it be done over VPN to the Tabloā€™s remote location? Iā€™d rather not haul my server all the way to the remote location.

Is there a delete function in Plex? Itā€™s something I noticed right away. maybe Iā€™m missing something.

@mdwilkinson It has to be on the same LAN as the tablo. Maybe a small computer running plex setting with the tablo would do the trick for you. The up side is plex does the transcoding so you do not need to use a tuner to transcode the stream

Right now plex is read only, so no deleting or adding new recordings

Thanks Dave. At Tball so may be slow to respond.

Iā€™m a moron. Can someone give me a crash course on how to use this with plex? I have the roku app installed, but everything is blank with no content.

@mdwilkinson @PiX64

I dont think PiX64 understood your question mdwilkinson. Yes plex app will let you want remotely on all plex devices without the need for tablo connect. However with that said currently the tablo needs to on the same local network as the plex server. I am hoping that future versions of the channel will have a way to define a remote tablo.

-Chris

@Davidvr Thanks for the info. Itā€™s still awesome that I can watch and listen to so many things without leaving Plex.

@crichardso the restrictions are not ours per say, the tablo API is designed only for local lan access at this point.

Ok, so dumb question, how do we use it??

• to be clear only the plex server needs to be on the same lan

PiX64,
Tablotv update came thru, first test was plex xbmc, a plugin for xbmc. It WORKS!!!
Xbmc front end connected by hdmi, plex xbmc plugin with tablo channel streaming recorded tv.

@davidvr

I know the limitation is due to the api i am however wondering if i can spoof the results and use a static ip that way we can have an add button and as long as the proper ports are mapped it can pull from them. I will probably look into this after this week as it is a big thing for me.

-Chris

How do we get the channel??? Itā€™s been announced, but no link to get it??

Looking forward too it! Ā Updated to 2.1.12, updated Plex for Roku. Ā Need the channel plugin!!

Well we were going to do a controlled beta st first. Dave and I are talking directly and we may open it up to all right away. Either way one of us will let you all know.

Canā€™t wait to finally try it out! Great job guys, Tablo and Plex are all I use to watch TV anyway, so glad I bought a Tablo, great community!

More than happy to beta test if youā€™re still planning on going that route.