Introducing: Plex Channel for TabloTV

@Davidvr - I fixed the transcoding issue with my Sony players.  It looks like it was one of the CodecProfile VideoCodec limitations causing the stream to be transcoded.   Once I removed the limitations, the stream flowed smoothly and my server relaxed. :slight_smile:  

Now if I could fix my LG TV, I’d be set!  I’ve been doing a little homework on that, and I think the reason I can’t see the Tablo is because the TV has a built in app called ‘MediaLink’ that is a mini Plex client - so the TV is ignoring the DLNA server.  The mini client apparently doesn’t see the Tablo channel.   MediaLink was apparently removed from later model TVs - so they see Plex as a DLNA server.   Right now, I don’t know a way around the issue.

That said, there is a native Plex client for it, but you must be a Plex pass holder to use it.  I’m just not sure I want another monthly fee…

Thanks again for the help!

Mike

@MikeNE - I saw your dilemma, and though I don’t have an LG MediaLink TV, I had to overcome something similar (vendor abandons support for older devices), so I felt your pain.  

There is an app called PLAYz Media (“Bringing Plex to LG Smart TVs”) that you might want to look at (another is RARplex).  Seems like users with older LG’s have already found a way to install it on their TVs.  Check out https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/89004-simonjhogans-plex-client-for-lg-smart-tv/page-168.  I just found it by google and have not used it, but I thought it may help you from dead-ending.

Good luck!

@chuckc - thanks. I actually bought Playz a while back. It works fine for my media, but doesn’t support channels…so the Tablo doesn’t show up. Per @Davidvr’s suggestion, I actually got Tablo to work through the TV’s built in browser…but navigating is a pain. I also can’t figure out how to shut off the mouse pointer while watching.

At this point, I think the only thing I’m going to be able to do is wait for the pay version of the official Plex app.

All in all, still a lot of progress for a few days…
Mike

don't know if this is related to the problems mentioned above, but recently I've had problems with all of my recordings older than about a week ago.  Whenever i try to access them, i get the "M3U8: crossdomain access denied" error.  They show up fine on tablo.  Thanks for putting this channel together, its been great up until this point.

I’m running into the same M3U8 error when I access Tablo via Plex outside of my home network.

@snzkickin the m3u8 error is beyond my control (its a problem with plex itself) , but I think if you disable direct stream and direct play it will work. 

@Davidvr Thanks for the reply. I should have said in my previous post that I disabled those two options without any success. 

@Davidvr, not sure if anyone has mentioned this one, but on my amazon stick plex will not play anything. Just gives me a generic unidentified error in the UI

@Davidvr or anyone else… what is the solution to this issue?  API Could Not Locate a Tablo on your network

I’ve been hammering away at it unsuccessfully for about 4 hours now… 

Thanks,
Monte

@Monte try this on your network 

https://api.tablotv.com/assocserver/getipinfo/

What do you get??

@Jestep here’s what I get… {“success”: false, “error”: {“message”: “None found”, “code”: “80”}}

@Monte that’s it?

I would say you may want to open a ticket with support to help you sort that out. What that says to me is no Tablo has ever reported up or maybe you are behind some weird firewall or something?

@Jestep -  how does running that script help with Plex?   Just confirm the Tablo has a valid IP on network?

@7up returns data about all the Tablos from TabloTV

It is how Plex determines what Tablos to use. When it is empty like that it will not work.

I get valid return from script.  Will have to dig deeper into why original Plex plug-in works fine but latest beta is problematic.

@Jestep… Finally got the thing working.  Here’s what the script returns now…

<pre style="word-wrap: break-word; white-space: pre-wrap;">I'm assuming that's normal.  :)
How do I use the beta?  Does it support FF through recorded shows?  Will it pick up where I left off?  This is just all such new technology to me, but it's fun!  
```
Thanks,
```
Monte
```

@Monte  first, probably don’t want to post all of that as it includes your MAC address :wink:

But you just need to unzip into your plugins folder, you need to follow the instructions if any here http://community.tablotv.com/discussion/1678/plex-plugin-2-0-beta-is-ready/p1

No it will not pickup where you left off, but you can fast forward or rewind.

@Monte or @Jetstep or anyone else: I’m having the same problem Monte reported here.

• When I try to access the Tablo channel with my Plex, I get: the message “API could not locate a tablo on your network”
  • When I enter the url https://api.tablotv.com/assocserver/getipinfo/ in my browser I get
    {“success”: false, “error”: {“message”: “None found”, “code”: “80”}}

I have plex server installed on a Windows 8.1 machine with ethernet access and working well for all other purposes. I have Tablo installed on my ethernet LAN and working well with iOS, Windows, and Android devices.

I have the Tablo channel installed in Plex, but the API can’t see the Tablo. I’ve tried overriding the settings with the Tablo’s IP address, but I get the same result.

I would appreciate any help, thanks.
Vanessa

If you enter that URL in your browser and get that message then as far as Tablo is concerned you have no Tablo on your network. That should return a lot of info about the Tablos coming from your network.

Hi @Jetstep

OK, we managed to track down the network conflict that was causing that problem. It’s now working great!

Thanks
Vanessa

1 Like

Did you ever figure this out? I’m having the same problem and (naturally) the Plex forum is down.