Introducing: Plex Channel for TabloTV

oh and i did return it… that thing pissed me off with its buggy behavior and shoddy implementation of things.

I’m not real surprised to hear that.  I have another channel that doesn’t work real great, but not a big user of channels anyway.  I debated buying a Roku, but I like having one device and one only if I can avoid it.  Hate to spend more money just to get “free” tv.

I’ll do some searching on the Plex forums and see if anyone has posted any issues.  If I find anything I’ll post up.  Thanks!

Just tried the Plex Channel for Tablo and I gotta say great work guys!  I worked flawlessly and my Plex server is on my Synology NAS.  I’m not a big user of Plex channels but this sure beats manually loading recordings to my Plex library.

Greetings,

I recorded Gotham last night, and it’s available and plays on the tablo app, but completely missing from the Plex tablo channel.  Is this a known issue? 

I tried rebooting the plex media server, and rebooting the tablo.  This show still does not show up under recorded shows.   Any ideas?  Does the tablo channel app make  a log file ?

@coorsleftfield , I’m not a huge batman fan but I’ll set mine to record it and see if their is an error. I just pushed a bug fix through that should resolve issues with scheduled recordings failing to load, but I doubt that is related. 

I just checked my Plex (via phone) and it shows the Gotham in my Recent Recordings (just fyi)

I’m running plex server 2.2.7 on windows the tablo plugin says version 0.99

I went and compared what is in the Tablo app vs the plex channel and actually more shows are missing, like Utopia and Sleep Hollow…   so I have some issue going on…  These shows do appear and playback just fine in the tablo app on android or Roku. 

So far I’ve tried… 

1. rebooting the tablo
2. rebooting the plex server
3. Going into the tablo channel app, selecting help, and reset
4. Removing and re-installing the tablo channel. 

I’ll try recording a few more shows and see if I can get anything new to show up in plex. 

Another piece of information that may be relevant.. In the tablo channel app, if I select "scheduled recordings" it returns an error "This channel is not responding"

@coorsleftfield, I just updated the plugin with a fix for the Scheduled recordings, when you get it, it should be version .991

Got it… That did fix the scheduled recordings issue… thanks!   Other shows didn’t come in, but a test recording I just did showed up…  Maybe it’s a fluke…    

Does Tablo have an open API that I can poke at? 

After recording for a week or so I notice that the order shows are presented is not consistent through the PlexConnect interface.  Local news is presented most recent recording first, prime time shows are in episode order (or alpha, not quite sure,) anyway...

I figured it would be nice to add air date and season/episode numbers to the titles to help clear things up.  So here it is--Tablo channel __init__.py patch to append date, e.g. (10/07), and optionally season/episode numbers, e.g. (10/07 s1e3), to the titles in episode lists:

980a981,986
>     dt = Datetime.ParseDate(episodeDict['airdate'])
>     mmdd = dt.strftime("%m/%d")
>     if episodeDict['seasonnum']!=0 and episodeDict['episodenum']!=0:
>         se = ' s{0}e{1}'.format(episodeDict['seasonnum'],episodeDict['episodenum'])
>     else:
>         se = ''
984c990
<                             title=episodeDict['title'],
---
>                             title='{0} ({1}{2})'.format(episodeDict['title'],mmdd,se),
991c997
<                             originally_available_at=Datetime.ParseDate(episodeDict['airdate'])
---
>                             originally_available_at=dt

Apply to:

~/Library/Application\\ Support/Plex\\ Media\\ Server/Plug-ins/Tablo.bundle/Contents/Code/__init__.py
@coorsleftfield , I'm not a huge batman fan but I'll set mine to record it and see if their is an error. I just pushed a bug fix through that should resolve issues with scheduled recordings failing to load, but I doubt that is related. 

I’m noticing a bunch of other shows now showing up in the Tablo Plex channel , but are recorded and available in the Tablo app… 

Biggest loser  (don’t laugh)
Modern family
Sleepy Hollow
Utopia

All missing. 

Using the tablo extractor python script, the API is presenting them

27595    2014-09-26 Utopia                         1    8    The social experiment continue finished   0   
27777    2014-09-30 Utopia                         1    9    The pioneers continue their ef finished   0   
27913    2014-10-03 Utopia                         1    10   The pioneers continue working  finished   0   
28054    2014-10-06 Gotham                         1    3    Gordon and Bullock track down  finished   0 

For every show that is missing, there is an error in the plugins.tablo.log file

1 (24c8) :  DEBUG (networking:172) - Requesting 'http://192.168.1.138:18080/pvr/28054/meta.txt
2014-10-09 20:53:11,415 (24c8) :  INFO (logkit:16) - ***TabloTV: loaddata - Parse Failed on jsonurl : KeyError(‘jsonFromTribune’,)

Every error is a key error on jsonFromTribune

Here is the meta.txt from that link… Not a very long file compared to the ones that work correctly. 

{“recEpisode”:{“jsonForClient”:{“airDate”:“2014-10-07T02:00Z”,“description”:“Gordon and Bullock track down a vigilante who uses weather balloons to kill corrupt citizens; Cobblepot gets a job close to a major figure in the underworld.”,“episodeNumber”:3,“originalAirDate”:“2014-10-06”,“scheduleDuration”:3600.0,“seasonNumber”:1,“title”:“The Balloonman”,“type”:“recEpisode”,“relationships”:{“recSeason”:26052,“recChannel”:26053},“video”:{“state”:“finished”,“size”:1780871168,“width”:1280,“height”:720,“duration”:3616.0,“scheduleOffsetStart”:-15.0,“scheduleOffsetEnd”:1.0},“user”:{“type”:“recordingUserInfo”,“watched”:false,“protected”:false,“position”:1536.0},“objectID”:28054},“imageJson”:{“images”:[{“type”:“image”,“imageID”:37153,“imageType”:“snapshot”,“imageStyle”:“snapshot”}]},“jsonFromTribune”:{“channels”:[“10.1”],“duration”:60,“endTime”:“2014-10-07T03:00Z”,“program”:{“descriptionLang”:“en”,“entityType”:“Episode”,“episodeNum”:3,“episodeTitle”:“The Balloonman”,“genres”:[“Drama”,“Action”],“longDescription”:“Gordon and Bullock track down a vigilante who uses weather balloons to kill corrupt citizens; Cobblepot gets a job close to a major figure in the underworld.”,“origAirDate”:“2014-10-06”,“rootId”:“11090558”,“seasonNum”:1,“seriesId”:“10551643”,“shortDescription”:“Gordon and Bullock track down a vigilante who uses weather balloons to kill corrupt citizens.”,“subType”:“Series”,“title”:“Gotham”,“titleLang”:“en”,“tmsId”:“EP018764110004”,“topCast”:[“Ben McKenzie”,“Donal Logue”,“Jada Pinkett Smith”]},“qualifiers”:[“CC”,“Stereo”,“HDTV”,“DD 5.1”,“DVS”,“New”],“ratings”:[{“body”:“USA Parental Rating”,“code”:“TV14”}],“startTime”:“2014-10-07T02:00Z”,“station”:{“callSign”:“KSAZDT”,“stationId”:“21209”},“stationId”:“21209”}},“recSeries”:{“jsonForClient”:{“duration”:3600.0,“originalAirDate”:“2014-09-22”,“title”:“Gotham”,“relationships”:{“genres”:[1636,1103]},“objectID”:26051,“type”:“recSeries”},“imageJson”:{“images”:[{“type”:“image”,“imageID”:26075,“imageType”:“series_3x4_small”,“imageStyle”:“thumbnail”},{“type”:“image”,“imageID”:26076,“imageType”:“series_4x3_large”,“imageStyle”:“cover”},{“type”:“image”,“imageID”:26077,“imageType”:“iconic_4x3_large”,“imageStyle”:“background”}]}},“recSeason”:{“jsonForClient”:{“seasonNumber”:1,“relationships”:{“recSeries”:26051},“objectID”:26052, “type”:“recSeason”}}}

Hope that helps

Greetings from the Great White North!

I’ve been enjoying Tablo(2-tuner) for just two days, and have found and installed the Tablo channel for Plex. I use Plex as my main TV/Movie server and the Tablo add-in is a life saver!. I can now watch Tablo recordings on my LG smart tv. Thank you for developing this add-in!. You guys are amazing!

I am now looking for a way to convert Tablo recordings(especially TV series) to MP4 or similar video format. That way I can binge watch series during the cold winter months. (BTW it’s -24C at the moment). I see some sample txt in the forum here, and I know that python is running on my system (in application mgr).  How does one compile this program and figure some of the technical logistics?

I interrogated the WD 1TB drive attached to the Tablo, and windows disk manager(crtl panel) does not see a valid partition. What needs to be done to resolve this?

CCR
@coorsleftfield , I'm not a huge batman fan but I'll set mine to record it and see if their is an error. I just pushed a bug fix through that should resolve issues with scheduled recordings failing to load, but I doubt that is related. 
I'm noticing a bunch of other shows now showing up in the Tablo Plex channel , but are recorded and available in the Tablo app..&nbsp;

Biggest loser  (don’t laugh)Modern familySleepy HollowUtopia
All missing. 
Using the tablo extractor python script, the API is presenting them
27595    2014-09-26 Utopia                         1    8    The social experiment continue finished   0   27777    2014-09-30 Utopia                         1    9    The pioneers continue their ef finished   0   27913    2014-10-03 Utopia                         1    10   The pioneers continue working  finished   0   28054    2014-10-06 Gotham                         1    3    Gordon and Bullock track down  finished   0 
For every show that is missing, there is an error in the plugins.tablo.log file
1 (24c8) :  DEBUG (networking:172) - Requesting 'http://192.168.1.138:18080/pvr/28054/meta.txt’2014-10-09 20:53:11,415 (24c8) :  INFO (logkit:16) - ***TabloTV: loaddata - Parse Failed on jsonurl : KeyError(‘jsonFromTribune’,)
Every error is a key error on jsonFromTribune
Here is the meta.txt from that link… Not a very long file compared to the ones that work correctly. 
{“recEpisode”:{“jsonForClient”:{“airDate”:“2014-10-07T02:00Z”,“description”:“Gordon and Bullock track down a vigilante who uses weather balloons to kill corrupt citizens; Cobblepot gets a job close to a major figure in the underworld.”,“episodeNumber”:3,“originalAirDate”:“2014-10-06”,“scheduleDuration”:3600.0,“seasonNumber”:1,“title”:“The Balloonman”,“type”:“recEpisode”,“relationships”:{“recSeason”:26052,“recChannel”:26053},“video”:{“state”:“finished”,“size”:1780871168,“width”:1280,“height”:720,“duration”:3616.0,“scheduleOffsetStart”:-15.0,“scheduleOffsetEnd”:1.0},“user”:{“type”:“recordingUserInfo”,“watched”:false,“protected”:false,“position”:1536.0},“objectID”:28054},“imageJson”:{“images”:[{“type”:“image”,“imageID”:37153,“imageType”:“snapshot”,“imageStyle”:“snapshot”}]},“jsonFromTribune”:{“channels”:[“10.1”],“duration”:60,“endTime”:“2014-10-07T03:00Z”,“program”:{“descriptionLang”:“en”,“entityType”:“Episode”,“episodeNum”:3,“episodeTitle”:“The Balloonman”,“genres”:[“Drama”,“Action”],“longDescription”:“Gordon and Bullock track down a vigilante who uses weather balloons to kill corrupt citizens; Cobblepot gets a job close to a major figure in the underworld.”,“origAirDate”:“2014-10-06”,“rootId”:“11090558”,“seasonNum”:1,“seriesId”:“10551643”,“shortDescription”:“Gordon and Bullock track down a vigilante who uses weather balloons to kill corrupt citizens.”,“subType”:“Series”,“title”:“Gotham”,“titleLang”:“en”,“tmsId”:“EP018764110004”,“topCast”:[“Ben McKenzie”,“Donal Logue”,“Jada Pinkett Smith”]},“qualifiers”:[“CC”,“Stereo”,“HDTV”,“DD 5.1”,“DVS”,“New”],“ratings”:[{“body”:“USA Parental Rating”,“code”:“TV14”}],“startTime”:“2014-10-07T02:00Z”,“station”:{“callSign”:“KSAZDT”,“stationId”:“21209”},“stationId”:“21209”}},“recSeries”:{“jsonForClient”:{“duration”:3600.0,“originalAirDate”:“2014-09-22”,“title”:“Gotham”,“relationships”:{“genres”:[1636,1103]},“objectID”:26051,“type”:“recSeries”},“imageJson”:{“images”:[{“type”:“image”,“imageID”:26075,“imageType”:“series_3x4_small”,“imageStyle”:“thumbnail”},{“type”:“image”,“imageID”:26076,“imageType”:“series_4x3_large”,“imageStyle”:“cover”},{“type”:“image”,“imageID”:26077,“imageType”:“iconic_4x3_large”,“imageStyle”:“background”}]}},“recSeason”:{“jsonForClient”:{“seasonNumber”:1,“relationships”:{“recSeries”:26051},“objectID”:26052, “type”:“recSeason”}}}

Hope that helps

I am having exactly the same errors you did. I see you were never answered…Very sad for me. 

I am a new Tablo user and have experienced little to no difficulties in setting up the device and Plex channel. I recorded several tv shows last night, and they all show up in my Plex ‘All Recordings’ channel. 

CCR
I am a new Tablo user and have experienced little to no difficulties in setting up the device and Plex channel. I recorded several tv shows last night, and they all show up in my Plex 'All Recordings' channel. 

CCR

Would you mind sharing your Plex and Tablo versions with me? I have no idea what I am doing wrong. 

@iamxero we will try to get another beta out this weekend. @Pix64 is on the case with me and we are noticing a few bugs, especially with Plex on Windows 

@iamxero we will try to get another beta out this weekend. @Pix64 is on the case with me and we are noticing a few bugs, especially with Plex on Windows 

Ok I don’t mean to make a ton of posts just trying to make sure you aren’t looking into issues because I set it up wrong is all 

:) 

I am running on Windows 8 

Nope - I have noticed this on windows PMS as well.  Linux and Mac PMS installs appear to work fine for me when it comes to live tv playback, but windows is just off a bit.

I have seen this many times actually in doing other dev for plex.  Python under windows is more finicky than other oses.