Interactive new user tutorial - Posts about nothing :) now with polls

:left_speech_bubble: Don’t worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition. — Abraham Lincoln

Conspiracy Theory - Firmware R 2.2.28

Since Premium Service aka Commercial Skip subtle comment have been make along the lines - this is just the beginning, they’ll start charging for other things, “nickel and dimming” us for everything.

What if they wanted to charge for tech support past the free 30 days for guide service, or the one year warranty period? It’s unimaginable how many tablos became damaged with this new update. Obviously they have different versions, some improve devices, some that wreck havoc on devices.

These are just a handful of excerpts - there are many more reports of tablos no longer functioning or not as well as it did before… Just like that :pow: update tablo - no more tablo.

Why virtually all tablos update and work as designed yet some have issues? It appears there is no doubt all their problems are due to updating to the new firmware!

How much longer can they afford the provide free support for devices several years old? Unless this is backwards designed obsolesce? Sometime ago corporations discovered if your products last too long, it’ll be too long until you get your customer back.

Just have some sense there’s something going on here…

Updated to 2.2.28 and no issues here. For an n = 1 that there is no conspiracy.

• debunked

@discobot roll 5d 6

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Another badge!!! :partying_face:

365 days, not 'zactly sure how to look at that. Certainly there had to be one day in a year I had something else to do :neutral_face:

Now I see this Great topic is almost a year old. Recently was wondered if it was purposefully… In a rolling 12mth it’s still number 1
[brows by TOP filtered Yearly]
Still got the only 2 :heart:s awarded by Dbot as pointless as it may… I own it, or them.

During the war on covid-19 I guess you have to take the victories where you can find them!!

1 Like

Friday Fun :clown_face: :robot:
I just asked Google to tell me a joke and it’s a bit of a groaner…

Did you hear about the two antennas that got married?

Punchline

The ceremony was OK but the reception was great

1 Like

An oldie

How often do you get failed or split recordings?

• 1 or more per day
  • 1 or more per week
  • 1 or more per month
  • Rarely
  • Never

0 voters

1 Like

It’s been over a year, so it no longer fits the TOP Yearly or Quarterly -
-June 19, 2020

-March 21, 2020

Overall, a fun-time posting -

Not quite the Top 10 at Number 11 Top All Time posts – lots of fun by many including @discobot!!!

1 Like

@discobot watching vs tracking

1 Like

Since the COVID-19 Pandemic…:

• My Tablo viewing has decreased
  • My Tablo viewing has remained about the same
  • My Tablo viewing has increased

0 voters

Since the COVID-19 Pandemic…:

• My Streaming (Netflix Hulu, etc.) viewing has decreased
  • My Streaming (Netflix Hulu, etc.) viewing has remained about the same
  • My Streaming (Netflix Hulu, etc.) viewing has increased

0 voters

Since the pandemic…

• I wear a mask more often.
  • I wear a mask less often.
  • I wear a mask about the same.
  • Only my Tablo has a mask.

0 voters

1 Like

It may be OCD, or just an observation - the distinction between “Tablo viewing” vs "Streaming (Netflix Hulu, etc) ??

We know viewing content from your tablo… you’re streaming it to your devices, virtually the same as an internet service. (from an HTTP server yet) If you’re streaming content from an OTT or VOD service …you’re viewing as well.

–what’s up with that?

It was pretty clear to me. Question 1 - have you been using the Tablo more, less, or the same? Question 2 - have you been you streaming from the internet more, less, or the same?

I know I have been streaming from the internet a lot more, since there is so much more new content online these past few months.

Regardless of source… you’re spending time viewing content aka watching TV (or similar device)
where’s it from?
OTA, or via a service over a paid, out of pocket, internet subscription/service.