Interactive new user tutorial - Posts about nothing :) now with polls

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

So even if we quote your post with out @ before you name… you still respond? asking to be called out specifically? What’s up with that?
now this should get your attention…
@discobot roll 5d6 Yahtzee!

:game_die: 6, 6, 6, 1, 1

1 Like

5 more certified badges in the last 2 weeks!
How important is earning totally useless badges to you?

• I live for this stuff
  • It’s a nice diversion
  • Whoa! We can earn badges? Sweet…
  • I’d rather clean my gutters
  • Stop wasting my time on useless badges and useless polls
  • I’m an Eagle Scout, of course I’m into badges
  • I like turtles

0 voters

1 Like

useless!? I’ve often refereed to them as pointless…

But just because not everyone has been awarded New User of the Month doesn’t make all of them useless.

1 Like

Trying to achieve a Great Topic Badge, now we’ve proved that useless :heavy_heart_exclamation:. This topic has a useless 437 likes in it according to the banner under the first post - that’s useless and apparently meaningless.
This Useless Topic has been viewed 1.95k times. If you sort the columns on numbers of replies… this Useless Topic is like 5 replies from the top 15

If you click on TOP - it’s 4th sorted Yearly
NUMBER ONE quarterly!
and 23rd Top All Time topic!!!

All that, for a topic not created by TabloTV… no matter how liked - isn’t Great, even Dbot tossed in a :heart: first and only - that’s great I guess.

i can strike out

and have a separator line even, and inline marking

double quoting

take a :poop: then play Yahtzee

@discobot roll 5d6

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Individual results vary as to number of channels received and and how many varied of different viewers in a household, or it’s never enough / minimalist

What’s your ideal number of tuners your ideal tablo might have?

even if it’s only possible in the land of make-believe.

• 1 few channels - I’m a minimalist, low cost
  • 2 there’s not that much worth watching/recording
  • 4 multi-viewer household
  • 6 many channels
  • 8 many channels - multi-viewer household
  • 10 it’s never enough!
  • 20 if we’re just pretending… sure, why not

0 voters

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. — Abraham Lincoln

8 for flexibility. Allow tuners to sit on “favorite” channels for fast switching.

2 Likes

LOL - I found my new favorite show…

2 Likes

Tablo:

Titan TV:

1 Like

COOL :cool: (first noticed CourtTV, hey lets see if I got one… don’t watch it, so why add it to tablo) Still it’s on several networks!

Better yet, on TV schedule sites that you don’t pay for there are programs listed for those times!!
OK, so it’s a golf event and The World Cup and maybe licenses agreements and stipulations haven’t been finalized. Well, I only get To Be Announced on ABC and FOX. You have a lot of options, some NEW and even a LIVE showing!

OK, now I see. You pay for one, relying on it to automate your DVR. The other, ad support, you use… when your paid service catching up.

I will note - there have been times (pre tablo) when I have found TitanTV to be inaccurate and used tvlistings.zap2it.com which is sourced by Gracenote, Inc. Same provider Nuvyyo uses. In the end, the programing listed on zap2it was accurate.

@discobot roll 1d12 DnD nerd

:game_die: 2

1 Like

Over 2100 views! ( i suspect web bots pass through here… but maybe Community members get bored waiting for their tablo to record something.

1 Like

Useless venting aka grumbling.

There’s someone who’d always beat down anyone trying to defend tablo in any way. They make a comment in a topic about a TV show “It’s not just Tablo.” I throw back a fanboi just as they have numerous time to several others.
I know I was being a du-du head… but I just saw an open door and couldn’t walk away - oops.

I did refrain with the guy who’s apple device is stuck after a channel scan. Issue arouse with conclusion… “I’m fine now, but this may need to be looked at by the developers.” Really? Just like that. You can by-pass level 1 help support. Not even Techs - he decided, this goes straight to the developers!

Now there’s a newby asking for insight for options to connect their new tablo if the get one. At first glance I’m like… they don’t really understand what’s going on. After I drank some coffee… I humbled myself - probably the majority of the populous have but a clue as to how networking functions - wifi is a benevolent all being everything. (I know wifi as a standard for network without wires [peroid].)

So now with IoT smart devices around the house, and auto. Everyone is expected to know how to configure network devices… without any understanding. Of course not everyone needs or can understand, but some basic fundamental - actually most people don’t care, just make it work.

I missed one. OK, I understand not understanding tech on different levels. Someone was struggling to get tablo to scan channels… They use fiber optic, so it’s not cable, they connected to their tablo, to get the same OTA channels they see on their TV.
OK, not understanding isn’t their fault, but -
What part of the box did they read!?