Help Shape the Tablo Roadmap

What a downer that album was; getting depressed just thinking about it. Thank heavens for the hiphop and rap that followed.

So do I, not sure if I completely survived or not. Somehow I feel damaged.

I’ll bet this has been suggested already…
I’d like the ability to adjust recording quality on an individual basis. For most recordings especially on the 480i channels, your suggested defaults are good enough, but for a football game or an important show I might want to override those settings with a higher quality.

1 Like

In lean back mode. It would be great if, once selected, ‘Show Playback tools’ would become the default setting.

Is there a way for those of us who just recently purchased a Tablo Quad-4 to upgade to the new ATSC 3.0 Standard. I’d hate to think I just spent $200.00 plus more for a Hard Drive to purchase this device and that it will be outdated in the near future.

It won’t be outdated any time soon

2 Likes

Maybe there will be an adapter that can be used at some point, but I suspect that by the time we actually have to make the shift (several years out, maybe 5+), it may be appropriate to upgrade hardware anyway for other features that are currently not possible.

1 Like

Would like to autoplay next episode in the series…

1 Like

I would like for there to something that says tabs available. It would work the same ways as CS does now. It would still show us that it was a solid recording.

Would love a list view of programs – and the ability to make it my default view.
The grid is okay but it takes forever to load and forever and forever to scroll through.

Universal Search feature
It would be great to be able to search across all programs by name. Even better if it would search across program descriptions as well. Sometimes I don’t know whether a program will be listed as a movie or a tv show. On public TV this can be particularly tricky. Also, if we could search by program descriptions, we could search for an actor, or topic of interest (like covid, pandemic, etc.) and have all results across the whole guide available.
Thanks for your consideration!

Universal search already exists by title. No matter what tab you are in, just do a search by title, and the Tablo will show whether it is under tv shows, sports, or movies.

Searching by other keywords has been requested multiple times in the past, but it require a decent amount of work (likely UI changes on all platforms, and we all know that takes time).

I’m sure that there’s a hardware limitation preventing it, otherwise it would already be an option, but …

I’d love to see a “Reboot/Restart” command, for the Tablo hardware, in the app.

1 Like

A reboot button has been requested, but here is an explanation on why it isn’t there (from back in Sep 2014)

1 Like

Thanks snowcat, figured it was something along those lines.

Never hurts to ask, of course.

Not living is a houseful of “users”, I agree with you. A concern, tablo is a multi-user device. One user, for reasons known only to them could restart the device while other’s have no issues viewing a show… or while a recording is in progress, and this user just knows restarting is going to make them feel so much better, and there goes the recording you wanted, which had no problems (although it may continue in segments).

1 Like

When you get to the end of the guide it would be nice to not have to back up. Hitting down arrow at 49 should take you back around to 2. Or in my case 42.3 should go to 2.1

1 Like

@Arkstfan If you use Roku you can use the instant replay button to do this.

1 Like

Nice to know but I have to move my thumb more to do that :smile:

One thing I would like to see that I think would be somewhat simple to add would be when you are on the general schedule screen you could be able to see if it was all or new. I would get rid of the clock there and put an A or N inside the orange triangle. If there is none there could still be the line and if you have a specific number it could still have that number as it does now.