Help Shape the Tablo Roadmap

With regards to the HTML5 player, HLS playback via Flash is still a fairly recent development. We are still fielding different players that get us the best viewing experience. Custom controls will then be added once we settle on the best plugin. We’ll then be aiming to match the controls found on the iPad player.

FireTV channel as a frontend.

Firmware update option to install and reboot when idle, unattended, or to schedule automatically.

How about allowing the user to specify what screen appears by default when the Tablo app starts up? Personally, I’d like it to be the Recordings screen, while others may have other preferences. (Prime Time is not a useful start screen at all, IMO).

I know many have asked for Resume playback as a feature, but here’s a wrinkle: how about tracking where each of several devices stopped watching each show, and offering to resume at the appropriate point for each device?

Could we choose a faster Tablo interface by turning on or off all the picture loads within the settings? I believe a text line in the list of recorded shows, the guide etc showing the TV programs name, record date, air date, channel etc. is much more useful then the pictures used now to represent each show on all of the interfaces. This could cut down the time we wait for the list of shows from 1 - 5 minutes to a few seconds.

roadmap timeframe around support for 802.11ac?

An app for Windows 8.1/Windows Phone

On all UIs a way to see ALL failed recordings on one screen.

I have not had a single one yet and we record a lot.  I was reading the forum though and noticed someone talking about failed recordings…Would def be nice to see them all in one spot should this happen.

Hi folks - The dev team does read your comments, so keep the good ideas coming. 

@villaininblack - Support for 802.11ac isn’t out of the question, but due to the costs it would have to be part of a Tablo+ model at a higher price point. There’s no ETA but it’s definitely something to consider.

I haven’t seen this mentioned yet, but it really needs to be able to not re-record the same episode over and over. See all the duplicate recordings of the same episode below:

Pretty sure I an others mentioned that as well but a big

+1 on that!

I’d love to see a 3 minute skip button added to the iPad app. After pressing the 30 second skip button, the Tablo / iPad seems to take a bit of time to catch up and start playing from the 30 second marker, and won’t register additional taps until this point which can take a second. Not a huge deal for a single skip, but doing this 6-8 times to skip a block of commercials takes a bit longer than I’m used to with SageTV. (Which has almost instant reaction to the 30 second or 3 minute skip buttons)

On Roku - when shows are sorted and you select a show, watch it, delete it, and return to recordings or other view, persist sort view.

I put this in the other forum but this is probably a better place, This is what I would like the recording screen to look like :

I think I’ve seen this already but I’ll reiterate because it’s very annoying.   For those of us lucky enough to be able to pull in both the same program on a U.S. and Canadian channel simultaneously, the show gets recorded twice unless you manually turn one off.  For recurring recordings you need to to this EVERY TIME the guide gets updated.   No need to record the same show twice!  I’d like a way of choosing one channel over for situations like this (and there’s many!)

Would it be possible to have the signal dots changes to a bar with a percentage of what the signal is?
I’m not sure if there would be sufficient interest in having this option.

@pure10 - We’ve actually discussed adding a percentage number to the dots so you could get a better estimation when setting up your antenna.

Second Pure10’s comment