Help Shape the Tablo Roadmap

@PiX64 - Good info. Can you place a ticket with support@tablotv.com and let them know which Roku you’re using and exactly what you’re experiencing? We’ll do some investigation.

To watch I use Roku exclusively.  All the feature mention above would be great (FF,full tv guide,resume play).

My feature that would need an improvement is the “record new” episode for a full season. In my city (Montreal,QC,CA) I get american channel so most of the time american TV show play at the same time on 2 network (CA,US).  When you select the show it records both show.  One - I do not need 2 copy of the same show, Two - I cannot record a second show at the same time until I remove all the recording from one channel manually and not to forget to recheck every week. I feel it is like a game of Whack a Mole.

After a month of use it has never crash, 100% reliable and picture quality is excellent. All in all I am very satisfied with the product

Conflicts due to a one minute overlap?  This is annoying, Why can’t it just pick up after that one whole minute is past?  Instead I have to kill the whole show.  I’m missing whole shows due to one minute.  Is there a way to stop one show a minute earlier? I don’t need to see credits.

Rec all - records episodes that aren’t currently recorded and stored on HDD

It also records episodes that you have watched already.  That seems silly to me!!

When going to live channel there is a long delay as its buffering. Can this be changed to only buffer up a few seconds rather than the 20-30 seconds of video. I think others would agree with fast response and less instant rewind seconds. As the video plays I can rewind more so I’m not too concerned with being able to rewind 20+ seconds instantly. Thanks for letting us users request features! That’s awesome

1 Like

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but Closed Captions (for all apps: Web, Roku, Apple TV) are an absolute must-have. For the hard-of-hearing CCs are a life-saver.

How about a native app for Apple TV too please, so I don’t have to drag the iPad with me to the sofa??
Thanks so much!

@Prabbit, closed captioning is definitely on their roadmap.   

It’s apparently up to Apple whether they allow a Tablo app for AppleTv.  AppleTv is a very restrictive, closed environment, which seems strange since anyone can develop an iPhone or iPad app.  

Roku app -
Show how many episodes are recorded under the show’s title picture. When browsing all recordings it would be nice to know how many episodes are available without clicking into that show.

Ability to sort recorded shows by aired date. So once in a show’s options I’d like to see the episodes in the order in which they aired originally, not the order in which they recorded.

Flag a show’s title picture with something small to denote a new episode has been recorded. So when scrolling thru recordings it is easy to spot a show with a newly recorded episode.

Thanks to snowcat for the very helpful update about captions and Apple TV. Roll on the next (long overdue) Apple TV update…maybe with an App store…wouldn’t that be nice. Thanks again!

Perhaps I’ve just missed this… but is there a way to set an expire date on the recording?  I don’t see it via the web app, which is how I usually connect.  I tape my local news show as I usually miss the start of it, but I’d rather it just delete itself after X days, instead of having to go and do it manually.

1 Like

@Rich, not at this time.  But keeping only X number of episodes has been suggested.  

Roku app - shoe and episode number on season view as well as individual recording view. Also allow for viewing episodes in a season by episode number OR air date. For example if I fall behind on blacklist it would be nice to go into season and then see episode 18 then 19 the 20 rather than recording by airdate… Hopefully that makes sense.

Please update your android app to support Amazon FireTV.   With a little modification of your existing Android app, to use a remote instead of a mouse, you’d have a killer app.     Need to have more options to display Tablotv on regular TV.

How about skip forward/back, or fast forward/back controls for the web browser? It’s nice to pause live TV on the Chrome browser but it is annoying that the only thing you can do is to carry on playing from the pause point. Not much good for skipping commercials on live TV. Maybe I’m missing something?

@Prabbit - Hard to have commercial skip on Live TV without a time machine :slight_smile: , but if you’re watching a recording you can use the scrubber bar to scoot further into the show. 

Would you like a 30 second skip on recordings? 

@Prabbit, if you are using a PC for the web browser, the right arrow key skips forward 10 sec (assuming you aren’t “live” already) and the left arrow skips back 10 sec.

Fully aware this is a dumb question before I even ask it, but is the issue with websockets not working properly in Windows 8.1 Internet Explorer (metro mode, desktop mode works) a Microsoft thing or a Tablo webapp thing? I really wish this would work, as I wouldn’t ask any developer to waste resources on a Windows 8 native app given the dismal adoption, but for me being able to create a live tile to the excellent webapp and skin it with a custom icon would be just as good as a full screen native app.

Are the debs aware that the webapp doesn’t work with Windows 8 IE on stock settings? Are there tweaks I can make in security settings to make this work? I’m pretty sure Tablo isn’t using any plugins and IE11 should support full HTML5 feature set, or at least basic websockets. Is it a cross domain websocket thing maybe?

Thanks again snowcat! The left and right arrow use is exactly what I was looking for.

Is there a list of keyboard shortcuts (for the web browsers) somewhere? I discovered that the space bar is play/pause, too.

A 30-second skip on recordings would be nice to have, but put it lower on your list :slight_smile:

@Keith I’ll take a look. We’ve been concentrating on Chrome but IE and Firefox will eventually be fully supported (this is mostly a matter of making sure the IndexedDB implementation is well tested). I’m especially curious about how desktop mode works but metro mode doesn’t…